PDA

View Full Version : ESPN on GW

Rebecky
12-30-2002, 07:48 PM
From ESPN's Page Two:

http://espn.go.com/page2/s/simmons/021230.html

And my personal choice for the Rich Kotite Award, a k a, "The coach who singlehandedly turned a playoff team into an also-ran" ... that's right, Buffalo's Gregg Williams! No team in the league squandered more games because of dumb mistakes and sloppy special teams. Do you realize that the Bills featured a 4,000-yard passer, a 1,400-yard rusher and two 1,200-yard receivers? Or that they played one of the easiest schedules in the league? How does that translate to "8-8"?

And speaking of Williams ...

The Gregg Williams "I'm in a little over my head" Face. Blank stare, lips a little pursed, almost like a baby having trouble releasing gas. (NOTE: Simmons pokes fun at several coaches' sideline demeanor.)

shelby
12-30-2002, 07:57 PM
:lol:

TacklingDummy
12-30-2002, 08:32 PM
That about sums it up. With the way the AFC was this year, the Bills were a playoff team.

All the talent on this team and we end up 8-8, wtf.

shelby
12-30-2002, 08:50 PM
Still beats 3 and 13:biggrin:

colin
12-30-2002, 09:03 PM
I understand criticizing GW, but what is this?

What does this say about Billecheck, Wanstadt, Martz, Shannahan, Vermiel, and Hasslett?

They all took more talented teams, clearly in a better position, and got jack. Are they all garbage?

kgun12
12-30-2002, 09:34 PM
Who is this yahoo. Don't think I ever heard of him. he failed to mention a bad D, rookie and 2nd year guys starting, new O system, a very inexperienced O line. Our schedule going into the season was the toughest in the league, (winning %), so to sum up: that's why coaches coach, players play, and writer write. This guy in a loser. Would I liked to have seen us win more games yes, could we have yes, but young inexperinced teams find way to lose close games. veteren teams find ways to win them.

LtBillsFan66
12-30-2002, 09:35 PM
This guy has been bashing GW all season.

TacklingDummy
12-30-2002, 09:54 PM
As he should be bashed.

Rebecky
12-30-2002, 10:08 PM
I'm tempted to hop over to the St Louis board and see if the fans are calling for Martz's head -- I sure would be! I don't see how St. Louis missed the playoffs, I really don't.

Dozerdog
12-30-2002, 10:11 PM
I want a coach who can release gas on the sideline without difficulty:fartdie:

Originally posted by Rebecky
From ESPN's Page Two:

And speaking of Williams ...

The Gregg Williams "I'm in a little over my head" Face. Blank stare, lips a little pursed, almost like a baby having trouble releasing gas. (NOTE: Simmons pokes fun at several coaches' sideline demeanor.)

ublinkwescore
12-30-2002, 11:54 PM
I hope that smily didn't just incapacitate Eric Moulds, or Nate Clements or Pat Williams!

ublinkwescore
12-30-2002, 11:55 PM
Originally posted by Dozerdog
I want a coach who can release gas on the sideline without difficulty:fartdie:

... or shame.

clumping platelets
12-31-2002, 12:22 AM
I would think that Wannaclue wins this award with all those Pro-Bowlers on defense :rolleyes:

Typ0
12-31-2002, 12:29 AM
I can think of several reasons why St. Louis didn't make the playoffs most of them injuries. Kurt Warner lied about his health and they got off to an 0-5 start. Marshall Faulk spent a lot of time on the sidelines. He's only about 85% of their team you would think they could still win with that other 15%...LOL. I would send Warner packing at all costs but they will keep him.

Typ0
12-31-2002, 12:29 AM
Wannaclue is the best coach we have.

doug45
12-31-2002, 06:17 AM
Looks like ESPN has GW's number.

don137
12-31-2002, 06:46 AM
I agree GW is no genious on the field but many more teams did less with more...At least we are going in the right direction.

Successful teams seem to try more trick plays to keep oppositions on there toes. Andy Reid is a master at it. I wish Buffalo did more trick plays offensively. They seem way too predictable. That comes down to coaching.

On a side note, I read in the Charlotte Observer that 4 out of the top 6 defenses did not make the playoffs (Carolina, Washington, Miami and Denver).

TedMock
12-31-2002, 07:35 AM
I agree. I've heard several people on the radio crying for Jim Hasslett!!! Are they nuts? GW has his flaws but Hasslett led teams are becoming the Dolphin choke artists of the NFC. This is 2 straight years they've fallen apart. I loved Hasslett when he was here but there's no way I want him coaching here right now.

ublinkwescore
12-31-2002, 08:41 AM
Dave Campo, or Tom Coughlin for DC now!!

colin
12-31-2002, 10:22 AM
Shanahan is a darling for these dudes, GM and Coach who can do it all they say.

He paid HUGE money for his current roster, like an 80 mil pay roll, and he benches his star QB frequently. That is a team with some chance to really fall apart.