• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Halbert
    I'm Not Normal
    • Jul 2002

BZ Fantasy Football League #3 - Live Draft

BZ Fantasy Football League #3 - Live Draft

League Name: BillsZone.com League #3 (ID# 173026)
    League Type: Private, Head-to-Head
    Host Website: Yahoo!
    Password: zoner
    Draft Type: Live
    Draft Time: Saturday, Aug 31, 10:40 am EDT
    Number of Teams: 12
    Playoffs: Weeks 14, 15, & 16 (8 teams make the playoffs)

To join this league click the link below (or cut and paste the link into your browser's address field):

Yahoo Fantasy Football. Create or join a NFL league and manage your team with live scoring, stats, scouting reports, news, and expert advice.

Winners receive prizes and a special BILLSZONE LEAGUE CHAMPION logo under their avatar.

Please only sign up if you will be an active participant until the end! With 8 of the 12 teams making the playoffs, virtually everyone should still be in the running for a post season spot very late into the season.

Yahoo has a very good FF site with the only disadvantage being that you have to pay an extra $8 bucks if you want live scoring (so you can check out how your team is doing Sunday and Monday). Otherwise, it has all the bells and whistles.

We will be using individual defensive players instead of team defense. This is done to provide a little variety by focusing attention on the other side of the ball. Note: Yahoo lumps the defensive linemen and linebackers into the “DL” category, which can be a little confusing at first.

It is recommended that you pre-rank your players prior to the draft. For what its worth, Yahoo appears to do an excellent job (better than any of the other sites) of creating and maintaining its default player rankings so you should get a pretty good team even if you use the default rankings and miss part/all of the draft.
    Last edited by Halbert; 08-06-2002, 03:22 PM.
  • bduff54
    • Jul 2002

alright halbert i am signed up!

Comment

• Winfield_26
      Administrator
      • Jul 2002

Im in baby! DA CHAMPS all the way!
      COMING SOON...
      Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
      We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• Typ0
        honey pie
        • Jul 2002

I thought we were doing NFL.com. Damn. I can't make the live draft anyway that's Labor Day weekend. Thanks anyway Halbert.

Comment

• LouGrant
          The Zone Editor
          • Jul 2002

Halbert-

Thanks for signing up another league- but if you use different scoring rules, it will mess up the tournament we were planning for the end of the season- ultimate Zone FFl champion!

If we got at least 4 leagues up and running (whicjh is an attainable goal) we were going to have a mini tournament bracket with the best FFL teams on the boards...NCAA Basketall style.

Any chance in reconsidering and using traditional FFL rules?
          Get into the Zone

Comment

• Bruce is Loose
            • Jul 2002

im signed up

Comment

• Halbert
              I'm Not Normal
              • Jul 2002

I thought it would be fun to have yet another type of league but I see your point. I didn't realize there were definite plans for a multi-league tournament. I recall we considered something similar last season but canned it because the logistics are pretty tough. We can fix it if that's what we really want to do but let's discuss it first to make sure.

Can we define exactly how the roll-up tournament would take place? Seems the biggest problem is that we'll only have Week 17 to conduct it. We'd probably have to scrap head-to-head and have all 4 teams compete for highest points scored. With the likelihood of common players on the teams ties are more likely so tie-breakers need to be defined. Week 17 also is notorious for having players sit out when their NFL playoff seedings are determined, which is why most leagues don't use Week 17 to begin with.

I'm not sure how to address these problems but if we can figure it out we can do something to get the league compatible with the others.

Comment

• Halbert
                I'm Not Normal
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Typ0
                I thought we were doing NFL.com. Damn. I can't make the live draft anyway that's Labor Day weekend. Thanks anyway Halbert.
                Typ0,

All of the evening slots were taken up, except for the last Friday before the season (who wants Friday evening tied up with a FF draft?). I didn't want to do a daytime weekday draft or we'd lose the people who can't draft during a day shift job.

I thought making it early enough on Saturday would take care of the holiday weekend thing. Didn't work, huh?

Comment

• standingbuffalo43
                  its ALIVE!
                  • Jul 2002

there is no way you can equitably have an intra-league tourney...

teams that win their league will undoubtedly have duplicate players...plus the playoffs for leagues should run thru week #16...
                  I for one dont see the legitimacy of have 2 teams starting rosters on week 17 with half of their rosters having duplicates on it...

the solution:
                  crown as many league champs as their are leagues... (right now 3), then next season the three league champs and the other top finishers in each league are funneled into a champions league next season...

anything else would be a futile waste of time...

otherwise, please explain how you plan on having league champs play each other???
                  Try not!
                  DO...
                  or do not...
                  there is no try...

~Yoda

Comment

• standingbuffalo43
                    its ALIVE!
                    • Jul 2002

If you need another franchise owner, let me know halbert...
                    Try not!
                    DO...
                    or do not...
                    there is no try...

~Yoda

Comment

• lordofgun
                      in charge of you

Administrator Emeritus
                      • Jul 2002

I tend to agree with SB43...there's still space left in league #3!

<a href="http://www.buzzdash.com/index.php?page=buzzbite&amp;BB_id=119588">Do you like me?</a> | <a href="http://www.buzzdash.com">BuzzDash polls</a>

Comment

• Halbert
                        I'm Not Normal
                        • Jul 2002

So unless we hear soon hear otherwise, let's proceed with the league as is.

We currently have 6 of 12 spots remaining.

Comment

• BambinoSux
                          Don't Throw It My Way
                          • Aug 2002

Is there any more spots left? I'll sign up when I get home from work because I can't do it here. I'll also miss the draft but that doesn't really matter right. If I draw #1 I get the first person on my list right?
                          I don't believe in no damn curses.

Comment

• lordofgun
                            in charge of you

Administrator Emeritus
                            • Jul 2002

That's correct, BS!

<a href="http://www.buzzdash.com/index.php?page=buzzbite&amp;BB_id=119588">Do you like me?</a> | <a href="http://www.buzzdash.com">BuzzDash polls</a>

Comment

• BambinoSux
                              Don't Throw It My Way
                              • Aug 2002

I'm in. Who is Da Champs cause I got you in Week 1.
                              I don't believe in no damn curses.

Comment

Working...
                              X