X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Pride
    • Jul 2002

Quarterback Controversy

Granted... I have not seen them for myself... but from all of Mikey's reports... it seems that Holcumb is doing MUCH better than JP.

It isnt so much the mental part of camp... that you would expect because he is a veteran... but it seems to be his accuracy. Every report has JP "missing" throws, while Kelly is hitting them all.

Perhaps we should have a QB battle for 1st string?
  • casdhf
    • Jul 2002

Re: Quarterback Controversy

JP has the arm, mobility and we gave up alot to get him. He's going to be starting against the Texans.
    Originally posted by BillsZone Mod
    cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

Comment

• Michael82
      • Jul 2002

Don't overanalyze my reports. It may not just be that his throws are off, I think he still needs some more time to click with the receivers. I think that they are still off as far as the timing and their routes.

I do like Kelly Holcomb a lot, but I feel that their is a lot more upside with JP Losman.

Comment

• Static
        The lap dances are always better when the stripper is crying.
        • Jul 2005

I would go with JP....He is your future so get let him get the work and learning he needs......From all the reports i hear he has a good head on his sholders...I feel if you go with holcumb you'll be in the same position as last year of just missing the playoffs

Comment

• colin
          Drew's my hero!
          • Jul 2002

if jp gets hurt again or struggles holcomb will be a rock off the bench, so we just start JP and we have a plan B

win win

Comment

• jmb1099
            • Sep 2004

JP will be fine, this is what tc is all about. The more reps he takes the better he will be. I know everyone is being very cautious in thier assesment of him, but I'm going to go out on a limb and say that he is going to have a great year.
            1) Excellent coaching
            2) O line is actually starting to gel
            3) physically gifted
            4) Fierce competitor
            5) Excellent core of receivers
            6) Ground game

All of these factors add up to the potential for a great year. Yes I;m being very optimistic, but not without reason. The kid just threw his first tc int and against GB probably wouldn't have been sacked if not for the red shirt rule. So I am going to have to respectfully disagree...there is no controversy and I highly doubt there will be.

Comment

• Meathead
              Insufferable prick and perpetual crybaby
              • Jul 2002

I don't know about a rock, but he'll be more than serviceable. If he were a rock he's still be in Cleveland.
              One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Comment

• vicmantak
                • Jun 2005

I would say the BEST OPTION TO WIN no matter WHO is.
                If Holcomb is better I will go with him.

"Defeat is simply a signal to press onward"
                - Helen Keller

"What we call failure is not the falling down, but the staying down"

- Mary Pickford

Comment

• justasportsfan
                  • Jul 2002

Holcombe is better than JP in the pocket. Why not? He has experience there. Jp's mobility however will allow Mularkey to be more creative w/ the O. In time JP will get more comfortable in the pocket. Bad habits are not easily broken when you have to run for your life like he did in Tulane.
                  sacrifice1
                  https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• justasportsfan
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by vicmantak
                    I would say the BEST OPTION TO WIN no matter WHO is.
                    If Holcomb is better I will go with him.
                    Same here. I don't even want to start JP in the first few games if he isn't ready. If Holcomb is better on day 1 , put him in. Don't wait til' we are 0-4 before we bring Holcomb in.
                    sacrifice1
                    https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Philagape
                      WIN NOW
                      • Jul 2002

Put Holcomb in only if JP loses games for us. All I ask of JP is that he not do that; he doesn't have to be "better" than Holcomb, because in time I believe he will be. Winning and losing is more important than who the better QB is. This team is designed so Willis and the D and ST are more important to the outcomes of games than the QB is.
                      I think anyone would expect the experienced Holcomb to look better than JP now. But we need to test JP in real game action, because he is the future.
                      "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
                      2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• mysticsoto
                        Too sober for this...
                        • Apr 2004

Agreed. Holcomb is currently hitting his passes better, but JP gives us an added dimension for our offense. JP will mask alot of the O-line's problems and will be able to survive longer than Holcomb would in a breakdown. Until we have a sick line like that of Oakland, KC or LA, we need to account for and have the intangibles to succeed. And JP gives us that better than Holcomb. That being said, I am very glad Holcomb is on our team!

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                          Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                          • May 2003

A QB controversy after a week and a half of camp and one scrimmage? Kinda' early, ain't it?
                          Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• Pride
                            • Jul 2002

Its NEVER too early for some good old fashioned controversy!

Comment

• chernobylwraiths
                              • Jan 2003

Originally posted by justasportsfan
                              Same here. I don't even want to start JP in the first few games if he isn't ready. If Holcomb is better on day 1 , put him in. Don't wait til' we are 0-4 before we bring Holcomb in.

But Bledsoe was the better option to win now and people still wanted him benched last year, even when we were winning.

I also have a bit of a problem that Mikey thinks JP hasn't clicked with his receivers yet while Kelly has. JP has had a year with all of them except Roscoe and Kelly is in his first camp with them.

However, we have invested a lot in JP. Let him play but if he REALLY reeks, then we can pull him. I just don't see him playing that poorly.

Comment

Working...
                              X