PDA

View Full Version : "SABRES WATCH FREE AGENT FRENZY"

SkateZilla
08-09-2005, 10:38 AM
http://www.wivb.com/Global/story.asp?S=3697513&nav=0Ragd5xx

Sabres G.M. Darcy Regier is taking plenty of heat for his cautious approach to free agency. Teppo Numminen is a nice pick-up, but is not exactly a big risk, or a player who people are going to pay to see. I understand Regier’s approach. He feels that he has the team assembled to be competitive and it doesn’t need much upgrading. He’s also not willing to shell out these enormous long term contracts that other teams seem willing to hand out. The NHL needed a system to protect owners from themselves. It’s a good thing they did get their salary cap, because many of these teams still seem conditioned to running their franchises into the ground.

BuffaloRanger
08-10-2005, 08:26 AM
"He feels that he has the team assembled to be competitive and it doesn’t need much upgrading. "

If that's really what he thinks (and not the reporter's words) then he is a bigger idiot then I thought.

Unless his definition of competitive is "show up every night, keep it close, lose in the 3rd period." Or maybe it's "get eliminated from the playoff race on the last day of the regular season".

No one can claim this team is better now than it was during the last season. And I don't want to hear about rookies with potential making the difference.

lordofgun
08-10-2005, 09:55 AM
I see a lot of SOL's in our future. :(

SabreEleven
08-10-2005, 11:22 AM
I see a lot more "waiting until next year's" in our future

don137
08-10-2005, 11:59 AM
The Sabres have to have one of the lowest payrolls in hockey. Letting go of your top two played players and replacing one of them with a 37 year old player...Want a boring job? Work at the Sabres ticket office at HSBC.