Remember when most of you guys wanted Kenyetta Walker?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PA Season Ticket Holder
    You mess up my night, and I'll mess up your day
    • Jul 2002

Remember when most of you guys wanted Kenyetta Walker?

Not only did that work out for us, but Nate Clements might've ended up in Miami. They took Jamar Fletcher right after him and most likely that pick would've been Nate.

I'd really glad to see Nate in a Bills uniform and not in a Phins. Could you imagine if they would've had Surtain, Madison, and Clements? Scary

BUFFALO BILLS AND MLB POOLS

http://www.billszone.com/YourSite/global/nfl/pool.php?action=home
  • Kicker22705
    • Jul 2002

even better was when we traded down we actually also got tampa's 2nd rounder who we got travis henry with.

so we got Walker for Clements and Henry

People were also pissed we passed on Deuce Mccasliter or whatever the hell his name is to get clements.

how great is it that with that ONE pick we got 2 great young players.

oh yeah i was one of those boneheads who wanted walker over clements and got pissed when we pass on deux dude w/ the 21st pick. i'm so glad TD is running things.

Comment

• shelby
      The Vanilla *****
      • Jul 2002

me too

Comment

• BillsMan80
        Tapit: All the Way to the Derby
        • Jul 2002

Well, I am happy about Walker, but looking back on it, Deuce McAllister at 21 would have been an excellent selection, and we still could have ended up with a solid player at 58, because in that case, at 46, we probably would have gone for a Corner, and that probably would have been Smoot who would have fallen, because of Clements falling.
        The NTRA...GO BABY GO!!!!!!!
        THAT'S WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT WILLIS!!!!!!!!!!! Touchdown Wills McGahee!!!!!

Comment

• JefftheBillsfan
          • Jul 2002

i think miami was pretty content with selecting fletcher with their #1 whoever fell to them. I think they had him rated #1 for CBs.
          Its all about the quest.

Comment

• JefftheBillsfan
            • Jul 2002

great trade though!!! Henry and Nate have both exceeded expectations IMO.
            Its all about the quest.

Comment

• Jul 2002

Originally posted by BillsMan80
              Well, I am happy about Walker, but looking back on it, Deuce McAllister at 21 would have been an excellent selection, and we still could have ended up with a solid player at 58, because in that case, at 46, we probably would have gone for a Corner, and that probably would have been Smoot who would have fallen, because of Clements falling.
              Washington took Smoot right before us in 2nd round. Clements and Fletcher would've already been gone no matter what, so Smoot would've still been there for Washington. The only way we would've gotten Smoot is if we traded up and that would've cost us one of our 4th round picks.

Comment

• SABURZFAN
                short bus extraordinaire
                • Jul 2002

most of us????i can remember there were a few who did but i couldn't tell you who they were.
                Originally posted by yordad
                Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• Jul 2002

Everywhere you went there were Kenyetta Walker post

Comment

• SoCalBillsFan
                    Expert on Experts
                    • Jul 2002

I was very upset we passed on duece. Im glad henry worked out well, glad to have him!

Comment

• Earthquake Enyart
                      Legendary Zoner
                      • Jul 2002

I wanted Walker. I admit it. I guess no one remembers how horrid the OL was during 3-13.

Silly me.

Comment

• BigDoug
                        1-800-SAD-GOAT
                        • Jul 2002

I wanted Jimmie Walker

Comment

• iceblizzard69
                          Doh!
                          • Jul 2002

I have no idea if we would have taken Clements if he had fell to us in the first round. Personally, I wish we would have taken Kendrell Bell with that pick, but for a CB, I would have rather taken Fred Smoot over Jamar Fletcher. I don't think Fletcher will ever be anything special, but the pass interference call against him on Sunday (which basically cost us the game) was a bs call.

Comment

• Earthquake Enyart
                            Legendary Zoner
                            • Jul 2002

Comment

• TedMock
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by iceblizzard69
                              I have no idea if we would have taken Clements if he had fell to us in the first round. Personally, I wish we would have taken Kendrell Bell with that pick, but for a CB, I would have rather taken Fred Smoot over Jamar Fletcher. I don't think Fletcher will ever be anything special, but the pass interference call against him on Sunday (which basically cost us the game) was a bs call.
                              Believe me, you don't want Smoot. He's looked absolutely terrible this year. He's very overrated. A friend of mine is a huge Skins fan and they've been disappointed with Smoot down there. Champ Bailey is the real deal but Smoot gets burned a lot and is not a very good tackler.

Comment

Working...
                              X