PDA

View Full Version : Maurice Clarrett kiss your "career" goodbye

Bill Brasky
08-09-2005, 02:07 PM
Just heard he re-aggrivated his knee injury and is going in for an MRI. :lol:

Trying to find a link...

OpIv37
08-09-2005, 02:09 PM
what a joke- I lost all respect for him when he was fighting so hard for the right to enter the draft, but he didn't even bother to stay in shape. Loser.

Bill Brasky
08-09-2005, 02:10 PM
I usually don't laugh at guys when they get an injury cuz that sucks, but I could care less about this spoiled brat. Seems like the type that wants everything handed to him with little or no effort on his part.

HAMMER
08-09-2005, 02:46 PM
Wow! He is screwed if he jacked up his knee. His agent negotitated a deal heavily based on incentives. They decided to forego a signing bonus in exchange for the deal which gave them the potential to earn more when he hit certain markers. This is the exact reason you NEVER take that route. He could have recieved a nice little chunk up front guaranteeing he would have money to live on for many years. Sucks being him if it is serious, hope it's not. Get off his back Jfreeman, everyone deserves a second chance.

DraftBoy
08-09-2005, 03:10 PM
Clarett fought his ass off against an NFL rule he thought was bad. He lost and got busted for some NCAA problems like alot of today's professional athletes do, we all know college sports are dirty. Clarett's only fault was that he didnt stay in shape for this years draft, but I cant hate on a man who choose to stand and fight against something he believed to be wrong.

Pride
08-09-2005, 03:11 PM
1. I am SURE he took out insurance on his body.. much like McGahee did prior to his injury.

2. I really cant blame the guy... he felt he was good enough to play in the NFL (which he might have been) his sophomore year in college. He also knew that his stock was fairly high, and he risked losing out on a contract due to injury if he returned to college for another year. Sort of ironic isnt it?

Brad528
08-09-2005, 03:20 PM
Sucks for him he just turned down 500,000 dollars to go with an incentive based contract that could have made him 7.5 million. He said he was going to put his Money were his mouth is

thebuffalobills4
08-09-2005, 03:39 PM
that was just plain stupid that the broncos got him,that was a waste of a draft pick. :stretcher -marrice clarret

OpIv37
08-09-2005, 03:41 PM
Clarett fought his ass off against an NFL rule he thought was bad. He lost and got busted for some NCAA problems like alot of today's professional athletes do, we all know college sports are dirty. Clarett's only fault was that he didnt stay in shape for this years draft, but I cant hate on a man who choose to stand and fight against something he believed to be wrong.

you forgot the fact that the reason he believed the rule to be wrong was because he was too damn stupid to meet NCAA GPA requirements.

Gunzlingr
08-09-2005, 03:47 PM
you forgot the fact that the reason he believed the rule to be wrong was because he was too damn stupid to meet NCAA GPA requirements.:bf1: Kinda like Mike Miller leaving FL early for the NBA, and nobody could figure out why. Well it's because he flunked out and had no choice.

The_Philster
08-09-2005, 04:10 PM
you forgot the fact that the reason he believed the rule to be wrong was because he was too damn stupid to meet NCAA GPA requirements.yeah..no kidding...the rule is in place for a reason anyway...little boys simply ain't ready to play in the NFL

justasportsfan
08-09-2005, 04:20 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2129846

it's not the knee. Groin sore?

Michael82
08-09-2005, 05:30 PM
The real moron here is Mike Shanahan. :snicker:

:lolpoint: Shanahan

Bert102176
08-10-2005, 12:33 PM
it's actually his groing he injured

Ebenezer
08-10-2005, 12:52 PM
yeah..no kidding...the rule is in place for a reason anyway...little boys simply ain't ready to play in the NFL

personally, I think they should open up the draft to anybody...in every league...then, once you enter the draft you piss away your chance to play in college. if you go undrafted then you go pump gas or be a student. if you don't go into the draft you get to play college sports and maybe even on a scholarship. sorry, i want to see STUDENT-athletes play college sports...not people trying to skirt the system just to get a big contract. College is for education.