What should the Bills do about OJ for their HOF?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Michael82
    • Jul 2002

What should the Bills do about OJ for their HOF?

I was listening to WGR550 on the radio today on my way to camp and their main topic was about the Buffalo Bills Hall of Fame. They were asking people if the Bills should honor OJ Simpson in their Hall of Fame, or leave him out. And if they put him in, should they make a big deal about it and welcome him back to Buffalo for his induction? And if they put him in, should they mention his off the field problems too? Or not? What do you guys think?
  • L.A. Playa
    • Aug 2003

Re: What should the Bills do about OJ for their HOF?

Without OJ there might not be a team in Buffalo today, ya he is a scumbag but he is one of the greatest players ever to play football for the Bills and he should be honored as such

Comment

• Meathead
      Insufferable ***** and perpetual crybaby
      • Jul 2002

Put him in, don't invite him to the festivities.
      One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Comment

• Michael82
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Meathead
        Put him in, don't invite him to the festivities.
        That's my thoughts. They should take everyone that is currently on the wall of fame and just induct them into the HOF all at once with a big opening ceremony in a few years.

Comment

• juice
          • Aug 2003

How valid would a Bills HoF be if it excluded OJ, the 1st Bill ever inducted into the Pro Football HoF?

He'll be included and in the festivities, my guess is that's part of what his attending the Bills game at the Ralph and meeting with Ralph Wison last year was all about.

RW realizes that OJ put Bills football on the map and will begin the process of Re-introducing the Juice to the Buffalo public that seems to have abandoned the League all time great.

"Hey, I was always aggressive. I always had lots of energy, thats why my teammates on the Bills started calling me Juice" PLAYBOY Dec.'76

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
            • Jul 2002

Who cares

Comment

• juice
              • Aug 2003

Originally posted by THATHURMANATOR
              Who cares
              True Bills Fans.. like Mikey for instance.

Thurm don't you think the Bills should have a HoF.. they might even induct Thurman Thomas in a few years on a second or third ballot.

"Hey, I was always aggressive. I always had lots of energy, thats why my teammates on the Bills started calling me Juice" PLAYBOY Dec.'76

Comment

• L.A. Playa
                • Aug 2003

Hey no matter what anyone thinks personally OJ is an innocent man and was one of the greatest football players ever period. One of the few RB that would have moves that would make your jaw drop and say how did he do that. OJ was the Michael Jordan of the 70's for the NFL and I dare say that the NFL might not be what it is today without OJ so based on football accomplishments OJ always needs to be recognized

Comment

• The_Philster
                  • Jul 2002

no way would he be included in the festivities...there'd be too big of a media circus and the focus of it would be on OJ and the murders...not on the Bills HoF
                  The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• The_Philster
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by L.A. Playa
                    Hey no matter what anyone thinks personally OJ is an innocent man and was one of the greatest football players ever period. One of the few RB that would have moves that would make your jaw drop and say how did he do that. OJ was the Michael Jordan of the 70's for the NFL and I dare say that the NFL might not be what it is today without OJ so based on football accomplishments OJ always needs to be recognized
                    agreed...but I reiterate..he won't be at the festivities...he hasn't once shown up for an alumni weekend since the murders
                    The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• L.A. Playa
                      • Aug 2003

Originally posted by The_Philster
                      agreed...but I reiterate..he won't be at the festivities...he hasn't once shown up for an alumni weekend since the murders

I think that is upon request of the NFL alot of this has blown over and he should be involved but not publisized in advance

Comment

• Michael82
                        • Jul 2002

no way would he be included in the festivities...there'd be too big of a media circus and the focus of it would be on OJ and the murders...not on the Bills HoF
                        That's my thoughts. Unless of course they made Jim Kelly the big attraction, or maybe Lou Saban or Cookie Gilchrist.

Comment

• The_Philster
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by L.A. Playa
                          I think that is upon request of the NFL alot of this has blown over and he should be involved but not publisized in advance
                          blown over? I still hear people every once in a while talking how they should take OJ's name off the Wall

Comment

• L.A. Playa
                            • Aug 2003

it will never fully blow over but its not as much as it used to be

Comment

• juice
                              • Aug 2003

blown over? I still hear people every once in a while talking how they should take OJ's name off the Wall
                              Any of those peoples' initials RW?

OJ made Wilson lots of $$ and saved the franchise.. not to mention his trade is what brought the Draft Pick that Kelly was selected with.. Ralph has nothing but fond memories of the OJ years.

Comment

Working...
                              X