PDA

View Full Version : LT Situation

osos
08-09-2005, 08:53 PM
<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p> </o:p>

Does anyone know based on the training camp which is the status of Gandy at this point at LT. I mean, Is he getting the job done or he simply sucks... I’m just worried regarding JP and his blind side. Because TD seems not be worried about it, so as Mcnally. Lets face it, the men is not Orlando Pace, and only if he is great in camp and pre season I will personal be calm regarding him, but I have the feeling that he is not really god....<o:p></o:p>

<o:p></o:p>

Do you have any information regarding Verba .... I know he hasn’t sign with anybody yet, but probably now that we got Travis out to the Titans, now we have some cap room to make him a 1 year contract, because I will prefer to sign this guy instead a DT (Simon), who would cost the Bills to much, and anyway we don’t need some one in that position in an urgency. <o:p></o:p>

http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/images/icons/icon6.gif

OpIv37
08-09-2005, 09:11 PM
You'll see Corey Simon in a Bills uni before you see Ross Verba, although i wouldn't be surprised if neither happens...

Gandy held his own in the scrimmage at Green Bay so it's not time to hit the panic button yet, and giving Ross Verba what he thinks he deserves constitutes hitting the panic button.

jmb1099
08-09-2005, 09:34 PM
According to today's report, Gandy made some very nice plays
It wouls appear to me that he is getting better as camp continues...which is what camp is supposed to do (imagine that)

ryjam282
08-10-2005, 05:22 AM
I thought he looked OK, he was blocking against KGB and everyone knows that KGB has only the speed rush technique and Gandy just simply pushed him upfield by the QB and that allowed JP to step up into the pocket. I will hold off judgement on him until he faces a formidable rush from some big name guy. Not saying KGB is bad, just that everyone knows he only does the speed rush and doesn't really mix in any other techniques.

mysticsoto
08-10-2005, 07:49 AM
Gandy has looked fine up to now. Jason Peters has also progressed and definitely outclasses any 2nd/3rd string DEs. He may eventually challenge for the job with more experience and reps at it.

Verba, I would guess, is waiting to see if any OTs go down during TCs or preseason games and a team panics and decides to pay what he is asking for. He may lower his price once the season starts - though now he risks being taken at all b'cse he won't have time to gel with the rest of the O-line. In his arrogance, he may think he doesn't need as much gel time b'cse he's got plenty of experience...

eyedog
08-10-2005, 07:55 AM
Damn, lets see him play a couple of preseason games first. How can anyone make a judgement either way as of yet ?????

HHURRICANE
08-10-2005, 08:38 AM
Everybody is concerned about LT. With that said I think the Bills think Gandy is going to be fine, and personally so do I. However, if Gandy get's hurt etc., we are way too thin here. If we could get Verba in a one year deal that would be great. Corey Simon to Buffalo was nothing more than a rumor. This would be an incredibly stupid move considering our defense is already great. The OL is our biggest question mark and any money we have left should go to that. I would love to see Clememnts tied long term as well and I think that will happen if no one else get's signed!!

ublinkwescore
08-10-2005, 09:37 AM
Just a little reminder guys - here's the number of sacks given up the two years before the Mouse got here - 54 and 51 - then last year in McNally's first year with Bledsoe still the starter - 38.

Our Oline is significantly better already.

The last buffalo fan
08-10-2005, 10:37 AM
To be honest, I never liked JJ and I think he is average talent. What I know from people on training camp, MG isn't that far and is holding there and getting better as camp progress. We like numbers and most of our opinions are based on this fact, and Gandy has better talent, was higher pick, is better on run blocking and has a nasty approach at the position. Why should we panic?? As most of the zoners with a very very good knowledge on the game said, it is way too early to label the guy.