• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PA Season Ticket Holder
    You mess up my night, and I'll mess up your day
    • Jul 2002

Tell us what you want done in the offseason

The perfect offseason for me

I'll bet 1,000 ZB's that Watson will be cut. Robinson needs to take a paycut to the veteran minimum or he should be cut. That way he would only count less against the cap. I think it's around 450k.

I don't see Riemersma taking a paycut this year. He didn't last year so I don't see why this year would change. He sounded like he was expecting to be released. Cya later, Jay. We overpaid you long enough, time to save 3.5 million on the cap. I like Larry but I think we can use his 1.1 million in cap savings in more useful ways. With the 4.6 million we save there and about a million from the others can help go towards...

Peerless Price. Nobody is gonna give him Moulds type of money. Hopefully we'll give him a comparable offer that will make him stay. Him and Moulds have too much cohesiveness to break it up. Moulds wants him back REAL BAD. Our offense is not the same without Price. I can see building on the other side of the ball, but it doesn't mean weakening one side to try and build another side.

We'll have about 19 million after our cuts. Take out about 1.5 that TD will keep available in case of injuries, and about another 4 million for rookies. That will leave us with 12 million in cap space. I don't wanna do any restructures and push everything a couple years into the future. It's not worth it.

Give Price a cap number of about 3 million, which would leave us about 8 million dollars to spend. Take out about 2 million for a few tenders and cheap backups and we have roughly 8 or 9 million to play with.

The question is whether this is enough for some defense. If we go for Spikes my guess it'd take about a 10 million dollar bonus over 5 years. About 23 million in salary sounds about right. That would give him a cap figure of about 4 million. (Would we be better off getting Colvin for about 18 million and a bonus of about 8? That would give us another million to spend. Is Colvin comparable to Spikes at all)

If we got Spikes that would leave us with about 5 million left in the FA market. I like Coy Wire but I'd love to have Sammy Knight. Too bad it won't happen cause they'll stick with Wire.

Unless some get cut, there's not gonna really be any good DT's out there. Edwards has potential and we can always address DT in the 2nd round. It's not worth wasting the money on someting we already have.

It'd be nice to get Mike Peterson too. Even better to get Colvin, but I don't see us getting Colvin and Spikes. At least one of them. Peterson might wanna stay with Indi now that they have Dungy. I think we should build with the LB's.

Clairborne might wanna leave Detroit. He would probably come for 3 million a year. That would be one hell of a LB core. GW could blitz them guys wild and disrupt some stuff up. This is the best opportunity to get them. The market is filled with them. They will come a lot cheaper.

We'd be left with about 1.5-2 million after these moves. We need to decide if Teague is worth keeping. That's what this money would have to go towards. I say keep him. He fits in with the team and did a good job.

In the draft we can address a DT in the 2nd round to compete with Edwards. We're not gonna get any DE's this year unless we draft another 3rd round bum that would probably end up like Denney. Hopefully that guy improves. What a wasted pick it looks like now.

In the 3rd I think we should go for a TE. JR won't be back.

4th round we're gonna need a RB. Bryson won't be back and hopefully Centers will be gone. We need his money. Grab a FB or RB.

Hopefully the 5th round will bring us some OL depth. We got Sullivan in the 5th round and he's panned out. Rueben isn't getting any yonger and has a huge cap figure.

Rounds 6-7 should be for anybody who can play some special teams. I'd love to actually see big returns once in a while. Our coverage has improved though.

I don't think our DL is gonna change very much. I hope we see an emphasis in the LB department on the defensive side of the ball. They might grab a cheap DT if they decide not to draft one. We need DL help but there just isn't much out there this year.

Would this put us in cap hell? Winfield, Henry, Jennings, Sullivan, and Schobel will be FA's before we know it. We can't keep everybody. So much talent, not enough money. It sucks when you can't keep your homegrown talent.
    Last edited by PA Season Ticket Holder; 12-31-2002, 03:07 AM.

BUFFALO BILLS AND MLB POOLS

http://www.billszone.com/YourSite/global/nfl/pool.php?action=home
  • shelby
    The Vanilla *****
    • Jul 2002

nice post

Comment

• Voltron
      • Jul 2002

What about Vonnie Holliday as DT?

Get all the fools on your side and you can be elected to anything.
      - Frank Dane

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who are not."
      -Thomas Jefferson

The rule is perfect: in all matters of opinion our adversaries are insane.
      - Mark Twain

Comment

• venis2k1
        Youboty can hope
        • Jul 2002

i say let Larry Centers stay until he retires, he is like 37 or 38 now. Nice overall post.

Comment

• JefftheBillsfan
          • Jul 2002

ya good thoughts, but I dont want to go through another offseason where we dont sufficiently upgrade our biggest need, DT. Chris Claiborne would be a great fit if he wouldnt mind going back to an OLB spot.
          Its all about the quest.

Comment

• Voltron
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by venis2k1
            i say let Larry Centers stay until he retires, he is like 37 or 38 now. Nice overall post.
            I agree. He is good veteran leadership and Henry needs to learn from him when to switch the ball and when not to.

Better Yet we need Sgt. Hartamen from Full metal Jacket to teach Henry that
            Get all the fools on your side and you can be elected to anything.
            - Frank Dane

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who are not."
            -Thomas Jefferson

The rule is perfect: in all matters of opinion our adversaries are insane.
            - Mark Twain

Comment

• Earthquake Enyart
              Legendary Zoner
              • Jul 2002

Colvin is the better pass rusher. Spikes is the better overall LB.

Some idiot is going to come out and give PP a huge contract. Washington, Atlanta, or butthead.

Comment

• JefftheBillsfan
                • Jul 2002

EE is right, maybe even a Philly?
                Its all about the quest.

Comment

• Earthquake Enyart
                  Legendary Zoner
                  • Jul 2002

Here's what I want done:

I want Danny Smith to disappear under mysterious circumstances.

I want GW to spend a little time in the weight room. As Mike Sherman said on the drive home from GB, referring to the knuckleheads with their shirts off, "firm up or cover up."

I want just as good a draft next year as we had this year.

I want some idiot to offer KG a head coaching job.

I want Ralph to get a new hat (for those who saw the game on Sunday Ticket). He had on a knit one that was crooked and looked like a nipple on his head.

I want the Jills in better costumes.

I want TD to do better with the FA's than last year, getting at least 1 big name defender.

I want to make one game in Buffalo next year.

I want all of you to have a Happy New Year.

Comment

• StillLurkin
                    • Jul 2002

great post.

i always find it amusing when football salaries come up. we talk about millions and millions like its monopoly money. Drew's one game paycheck would pay off and awful lot of bills for me. But none the less, i could never stop watching the bills no matter what.

GO BILLS!!!
                    Become one with nature.........then marinate it!

Comment

• TacklingDummy
                      Unreachable Douche
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Earthquake Enyart

I want some idiot to offer KG a head coaching job.
                      That idiot may well be Tom Donahoe.

Comment

• Earthquake Enyart
                        Legendary Zoner
                        • Jul 2002

Stop saying that :angry: :angry:

Comment

• The_Philster
                          • Jul 2002

I want the Jills in better costumes.
                          There's nothing wrong with what they have now...though they DO make tweaks to the uniforms almost yearly.

Originally posted by TacklingDummy

That idiot may well be Tom Donahoe.

Stop saying that :angry: :angry:
                          I have to agree with EE on this one, TD...the thought of Gilbride being our head coach makes me
                          The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• Earthquake Enyart
                            Legendary Zoner
                            • Jul 2002

Quit sucking up to the Jills. They need better costumes. Some nice ski suits that are a little tighter.

Comment

• The_Philster
                              • Jul 2002

Who's sucking up, EE?
                              Try thinking of these ladies as your sisters. Would you be happy about guys leering at your sisters? That's why I run my group the way I do....with class, because I've made friends with a few of them. I spent a good 45 minutes or so just talking with a couple of them the day after Thanskgiving (one of them will be featured as Jill of the month next month). Believe it or not, they aren't airheaded bimbos like some like to think. Heck....they had a research scientist as a Jill for a number of years.
                              The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

Working...
                              X