PDA

View Full Version : Darcy and his front office are a bunch of douches

JD
08-10-2005, 07:20 PM
Still....nothing

I really hate this guy. You guys organize your next protest because I suck at it lol I will support you!

Its great just sitting back and watching all the signing go down, I love it what about you's?

:comedy:

TheGhostofJimKelly
08-11-2005, 05:55 AM
The Sabres have a plan, you need to just accept it. They came into this free agency thinking they would be able to land a couple of players but the NHL is still the NHL and the teams are paying crazy salaries. I guess the lockout solved nothing as far as GMs brains. The only thing I see the Sabres doing now is trading for a player or players. You won't see them sign any more UFAs. Time will tell if the plan works or not.

don137
08-11-2005, 07:09 AM
shhhh...you might wake up Darcy from his namp in his office :snooze:

Seriously though, I have a couple of thoughts that the roof is not totally caving in.
If I recall when the NFL went to a salary cap teams went out and spent like crazy. In a year or two many many teams were in cap jail and had to cut a lot of players. Teams with a good salary cap benefited tremendously from this. Maybe Darcy is thinking the same thing will happen in the NHL (I know I may be giving him too much credit here).
My other thought which makes a lot of sense is Darcy will wait for the trading deadline to pick up a excellant player or two. Teams like Philly that are capped out will not be able to trade for veteran players at the trade deadline like years past because they will not have the cap space. As a result only a few teams will be able to afford the salary of some good veteran players. Buffalo woll be one of those teams. Plus, teams that are capped out will be hosed when injuries hit. It may look good to sign players like Derian Hatcher for big bucks but if he gets hurt the Flyers are hosed. They can't just go trade for a replacement.

Philagape
08-11-2005, 08:45 AM
Actually, the person to blame is Golisano. It's his money that we could be spending $10 million more of.

SabreEleven
08-11-2005, 10:12 AM
The plan is always the same "Wait until next Year"