PDA

View Full Version : Parrish Injured in Practice

sba
08-10-2005, 07:30 PM
WGR just reported it, hurt his arm diving for a ball. They're going to have an update around 9ish.

JD
08-10-2005, 07:51 PM
:unhappy:

Bulldog
08-10-2005, 07:53 PM
Any word yet?

natefan22
08-10-2005, 08:47 PM
ok its past 9 someone talk to me here

kardshark19
08-10-2005, 08:57 PM
PITTSFORD, N.Y. (AP) -- Rookie receiver Roscoe Parrish (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/7231/) grimaced in pain as he was led off the field after he hurt his right hand during a Buffalo Bills (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/teams/buf/) practice Wednesday night.

The extent of the injury was not immediately known, but it could be a blow for the Bills, who had been impressed by the second-round draft pick's performance since camp opened July 30. It happened about an hour into the scheduled two-hour practice, when Parrish was running step-for-step with cornerback Jabari Greer (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/7032/) up the right hash mark. Diving headfirst for a 40-yard pass thrown by Kelly Holcomb (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/3873/), Parrish missed the overthrown ball and seemed to land awkwardly on his wrist.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-bills-parrish&prov=ap&type=lgns
:(

Mr. Miyagi
08-10-2005, 09:10 PM
:pray:

Devin
08-10-2005, 09:22 PM

Lord its funny when it happens to the Fins but stop joking around.

HeadSquad69
08-10-2005, 09:25 PM

We need you Roscoe!

JD
08-10-2005, 09:40 PM

Heal soon buddy!

Drive 4 Five
08-10-2005, 09:47 PM
BLAST!

ublinkwescore
08-10-2005, 09:50 PM

I agree.

Michael82
08-10-2005, 10:20 PM

Bert102176
08-10-2005, 10:40 PM
any word yet?

Tatonka
08-10-2005, 10:48 PM
and just days ago, you guys wanted to give away reed or aikens..

they are not going anywhere.

bigbub2352
08-10-2005, 10:51 PM
channel 7 news (local buffalo) john murphy reports it looks like a broken wrist nothing confirmed though

ublinkwescore
08-10-2005, 10:54 PM
that shouldn't keep him out for too long - he may very well be back in time for the opener against Houston.

TigerJ
08-10-2005, 10:57 PM
I can verify the story from channel 7. Hopefully it's a fairly simple break. It was about 5 years ago I broke my wrist roller skating. The end of the radius (main bone in the forearm) was broken in about 7 pieces. I had to have surgery to put the pieces back in the right position, and pins to keep them in place while it healed. I imagine it could keep in out through 2-4 regular season games.

LtFinFan66
08-10-2005, 11:01 PM

Lord its funny when it happens to the Fins but stop joking around.Well that's wrong! Injuries are never funny no matter who they happen to. Quitters maybe...Crying rookies yes...Injuries, never! I thought you guys were classier than that. I like the best players to be on the field when our teams meet so the game is as even as possible. Injuries suck and are never funny(well, maybe a sore butt). Get well Roscoe.

L.A. Playa
08-10-2005, 11:03 PM
well thats why you have a 53 man roster they will make it through his injury

chubluv
08-10-2005, 11:19 PM
This sucks we need him!!!!

ShadowHawk7
08-10-2005, 11:26 PM
Well that's wrong! Injuries are never funny no matter who they happen to. Quitters maybe...Crying rookies yes...Injuries, never! I thought you guys were classier than that. I like the best players to be on the field when our teams meet so the game is as even as possible. Injuries suck and are never funny(well, maybe a sore butt). Get well Roscoe.
:clap:

Oh F***, that's just great.

camelcowboy
08-10-2005, 11:28 PM
The bills won't say nothing official till tommarrow morning. It could be worse. It could be a knee! Get well soon Roscoe.

Marvelous
08-10-2005, 11:56 PM
damnit!!! this sucks. I wanna say that " atleast it wasn't Evans or Losman but whatever, this sucks butt!! Duke Preston better be very careful since this draft has the injury bug bad.. We really needed Everett this year...

FlyingDutchman
08-11-2005, 12:36 AM
Hopefully its just a sprain. If its broke, he'll probably be out 6 weeks which would have him returning in the Atlanta game. This F'n sucks!:crap:

Tinboy
08-11-2005, 12:45 AM
It's bad but we don't use a 3rd reciever that much and we have good punt/kick returners.

Meathead
08-11-2005, 01:10 AM
He's been diving for uncatchable balls all camp. I'm surprised one of the coaches didn't tell him that wasn't wise.

Kerr
08-11-2005, 01:32 AM
****! (@*$*(%&&^$$%@ :mad:

Michael82
08-11-2005, 01:37 AM
He's been diving for uncatchable balls all camp. I'm surprised one of the coaches didn't tell him that wasn't wise.
I was thinking that myself.

Samphin1
08-11-2005, 02:15 AM
Hopefully he is alright. As a finfan, I know what injuries can do to a team. You never want to see youngsters go down ( except maybe Clarett ).

ryjam282
08-11-2005, 05:43 AM

Why is that unwise??? A guy giving his all on every play is bad? I don't think so, I don't mind someone getting hurt giving full effort. Sure, it sucks that he is injured but I sure hope it doesn't change his view on giving his all. It is fun to see a guy put his body on the line like that and I wish more guys did it.

Bill Brasky
08-11-2005, 06:19 AM
This sucks

1) because he will probably miss a couple games and not develop at an alarming pace this season

2) we are now pretty much forced to hang onto Reed/Aiken (not that's necessarily bad) instead of maybe trading one or both of them for Corey Simon, if that was something the Bills truely were pursing anyways.

Tinboy
08-11-2005, 06:30 AM
This sucks

1) because he will probably miss a couple games and not develop at an alarming pace this season

2) we are now pretty much forced to hang onto Reed/Aiken (not that's necessarily bad) instead of maybe trading one or both of them for Corey Simon, if that was something the Bills truely were pursing anyways.

1. Yes that suck but he will hopefully improve just a couple of games into the season.

2. We don't need both of them, one could be traded probably Reed who has a higher value.

don137
08-11-2005, 06:56 AM
Not a good draft year so far...We didn't have a first round pick. Our second and third rounders could be out for an extended period. :cry:

HHURRICANE
08-11-2005, 07:23 AM
That's the first thing I thought of, lot's of injuries=bad coaching. Let's hope this is it.

Tatonka
08-11-2005, 07:30 AM
reed survives yet another training camp as the number 3 i guess.

that is pretty disappointing.. i really wanted to see him in the preseason games.. grrr.

Bulldog
08-11-2005, 07:31 AM
That's the first thing I thought of, lot's of injuries=bad coaching. Let's hope this is it.

So now the injuries are a result of bad coaching? Last time I checked football was a physical sport, injuries happen. It has nothing to do with poor coaching.

casdhf
08-11-2005, 07:35 AM
I'd say we're doing ok, we've had what.....3 injuries?

Jan Reimers
08-11-2005, 09:20 AM
So now the injuries are a result of bad coaching? Last time I checked football was a physical sport, injuries happen. It has nothing to do with poor coaching.
I agree. How are you going to tell an athletic young receiver - particularly a rookie trying to make an impression - not to try to catch everything thrown his way?

Mr. Miyagi
08-11-2005, 09:27 AM

How about the Vikings? Is it funny if it happens to the Vikings?

MANKATO -- Rookie receiver Troy Williamson awoke Wednesday morning with pain in his right foot and was diagnosed with an impingement of the soft tissue near the ankle, an injury that apparently will keep him on the sidelines for the Vikings' preseason opener Friday against Kansas City.

http://www.startribune.com/stories/510/5554284.html

Jan Reimers
08-11-2005, 09:32 AM
Ah, that old impingement of the soft tissue injury, which has ended many a budding career.

footballhottie
08-11-2005, 09:34 AM
o no :teary: get well sweetie!!! i should make him some chicken soup

thebuffalobills4
08-11-2005, 09:48 AM
this may be a sign showing that josh reed can still show that he can be a good wr at the slot.but i hope he gets well soon.kevin thomas had a broken wrist and he still played.

mysticsoto
08-11-2005, 10:12 AM
this may be a sign showing that josh reed can still show that he can be a good wr at the slot.but i hope he gets well soon.kevin thomas had a broken wrist and he still played.
Yes, but Thomas doesn't have to catch a ball - or run across the middle with LBs ready to pummel you.

If it's a broken wrist, I can't see it keeping Parrish too long out of commission...He's probably motivated to do anything he can to come back..."Ain't nothin' but a g-thang B. The man cayn't hold me down, I got mad skillz dawg. Yo Jay, bust it fo' I cripple my shizzle"

Meathead
08-11-2005, 10:23 AM
When a guy puts everything he has into a superman dive and still ends up three feet short of touching the ball, I'm pretty sure that's not being a responsible professional.

Case in point.

Static
08-11-2005, 10:37 AM
I hate to see anyone get injured......i hope it is minor and he can return soon

Kerr
08-11-2005, 10:40 AM
The suspense is killing me. Having this guy in the offense gives JP a higher chance of succeeding as a starter.

Bulldog
08-11-2005, 10:41 AM
When a guy puts everything he has into a superman dive and still ends up three feet short of touching the ball, I'm pretty sure that's not being a responsible professional.

Case in point.

No, not being a responsible professional is riding your motercycle like a jacka$$ in a parking lot and losing the entire season as a result of it. I can't believe I even need to defend the coaches and Parrish with regards to this incident. The guy was trying to make a play and got hurt, S H I T happens.

Tatonka
08-11-2005, 10:43 AM
i agree.. i like the fact that he is giving full effort to make catches.. even if he is hurt for a little while.

Static
08-11-2005, 10:43 AM
No, not being a responsible professional is riding your motercycle like a jacka$$ in a parking lot and losing the entire season as a result of it. I can't believe I even need to defend the coaches and Parrish with regards to this incident. The guy was trying to make a play and got hurt, S H I T happens.

Plus he is a rookie....granted a high pick...but he is trying to show the coaches his worth...of couse he will go all out.

Earthquake Enyart
08-11-2005, 10:45 AM
This is Fast Freddie's big chance!

Akhippo
08-11-2005, 11:52 AM
Someone needs to run in front of RP with a mattress. He sure likes to dive for balls. In the scrimmage he leapt for one that was no where catchable. Ive heard of a few other times hes made a diving catch. Superbowl fine. But training camp. Can we please at least make it to the preseason games so I can at least see him do it.

mysticsoto
08-11-2005, 12:00 PM
Someone needs to run in front of RP with a mattress. He sure likes to dive for balls. In the scrimmage he leapt for one that was no where catchable. Ive heard of a few other times hes made a diving catch. Superbowl fine. But training camp. Can we please at least make it to the preseason games so I can at least see him do it.
Like many other players, he is fighting for a roster spot. In his case, he wants the 3rd position - and that has to be earned and he's trying to earn it. Mularkey hasn't come out yet and said Parrish is officially the 3rd WR. Until he does, Parrish will have the mentality that he's got to give it everything he has. From his perspective, he's doing the right thing in diving and showing that he gives 100% of his ability. Things happen. Let's just wait it out until we hear and hope it's not too serious.

Voltron
08-11-2005, 12:42 PM
Anyone who thinks Reed will make this team has another thing coming from what I have seen. George Wilson has been phenomenal and was the only receiver yesterday that caught everything thrown at him. I think reed is just too slow for this offense now.