X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • casdhf
    • Jul 2002

Clements extension?

I've been reading here that we're getting ready to lock up Nate for a long time. Anyone have a guess at what kind of contract he'll end up with? Personally, I'd like to see a 6 year extension, or 5 years after this season, however they work it.

I'm really hoping he gets locked up, but I haven't heard anything about this other than on the board. Is it anything more than wishful thinking??
    Originally posted by BillsZone Mod
    cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

• juice
    • Aug 2003

Re: Clements extension?

Originally posted by casdhf
    I've been reading here that we're getting ready to lock up Nate for a long time. Anyone have a guess at what kind of contract he'll end up with? Personally, I'd like to see a 6 year extension, or 5 years after this season, however they work it.

I'm really hoping he gets locked up, but I haven't heard anything about this other than on the board. Is it anything more than wishful thinking??
    What have you seen besides reports of discussions and speculation by posters on various Boards? The problem with these talks is that if the players agent and the FO aren't seeing eye to eye then they can break down and result in the player hitting the FA market.

Have you read any official reports saying the Bills and Nate are close in #s or close to an agreement? I'd say it's still 50/50 whether Nate is a Bill next year at all.. don't forget Willis, if he gains 1500 yds this year will be looking for a huge pay increase after this season and his agent SuperDrew has pretty much said as much.

"Hey, I was always aggressive. I always had lots of energy, thats why my teammates on the Bills started calling me Juice" PLAYBOY Dec.'76

Comment

• vicmantak
      • Jun 2005

"Defeat is simply a signal to press onward"
      - Helen Keller

"What we call failure is not the falling down, but the staying down"

- Mary Pickford

Comment

• casdhf
        • Jul 2002

nope, that's what I'm asking.
        Originally posted by BillsZone Mod
        cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

Comment

• Canadian'eh!
          • Mar 2004

I disagree with Sal. While Nate isn't as good as bailey, he has the potential to be top 5, and IS top 10.

I think a 14-15 mill SB is fair. He's a step above Henry and Lucas but not at Bailey's level.

Comment

• don137
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Canadian'eh!
            I disagree with Sal. While Nate isn't as good as bailey, he has the potential to be top 5, and IS top 10.

I think a 14-15 mill SB is fair. He's a step above Henry and Lucas but not at Bailey's level.
            Bailey absolutely sucked last year and was burned often. I think Nate is better than Bailey. I say McCallister is better than Nate.

Comment

• Canadian'eh!
              • Mar 2004

Originally posted by don137
              Bailey absolutely sucked last year and was burned often. I think Nate is better than Bailey. I say McCallister is better than Nate.
              Every CB gets burned.... but bailey didn't get bured all that often. he had a solid year. not sure who you were watching.

Comment

• alohabillsfan
                • Sep 2003

and sometimes you can benefit from the front 7! Winfield was not that good of a cover corner and what did he get paid?

Comment

• ublinkwescore
                  Sab and TD are insignificant
                  • Sep 2002

Bailey stunk it up last year C-eh. Who were you watching?

Nate more than held his own against some elite recievers last year (see the Bengals game against Chad Johnson - 2 catches for 10 yards). If we're gonna take the next step, we're gonna need Clements' coverage.

hell, if Ty Law isn't the same player he was pre-injury, we've got the best CB in the division.
                  www.gamersconspiracy.com - where gamers conspire

Comment

• don137
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Canadian'eh!
                    Every CB gets burned.... but bailey didn't get bured all that often. he had a solid year. not sure who you were watching.
                    I was watching Champ Bailey in the 2004 season for the Broncos not the 2003 season for the Redskins. He was eaten alive last year for Denver. He was not even a top 10 corner lsat year.

Comment

• tampabay25690
                      • Feb 2004

You are judging him on 1 game against Cincinnati when Chad Johnson Owned him that game....Bailey is better then Nate, But I would say Nate is in the top 5 in the NFL!!!!
                      GO Gators!!!!!!
                      GO GATORS!!

Comment

• Michael82
                        • Jul 2002

I was watching Champ Bailey in the 2004 season for the Broncos not the 2003 season for the Redskins. He was eaten alive last year for Denver. He was not even a top 10 corner lsat year.
                        I agree. He was horrible last year. I especially enjoyed when he got destroyed by the Raiders on MNF or was it SNF?

Comment

• HeadSquad69
                          Internet Grammar Police reporting for duty!!!
                          • Aug 2005

I feel Nate is a good solid corner but he is nowhere near a top flight CB and shouldn't be paid as one. He makes too many dumb plays (i.e. not knocking the ball down against Jacksonville last year on that 4th and long that would have ended the game).

Comment

• Schobel94
                            The Sack Master
                            • Jan 2003

Yeah I think Bailey is one of the most overrated players in the league. A good player but doesn't live up to the hype. If you get that big NFL statistics book you can see that Bailey falls well short of his hype. I'd take Nate over Bailey. I do think McAllister is the best CB in the league, but other than that, Nate is as good as any of them.
                            Beware the sack master!

Comment

• HeadSquad69
                              Internet Grammar Police reporting for duty!!!
                              • Aug 2005

Top 5 Corners in the League IMO...

1. Chris Mccallister
                              2. Ty Law (if fully healthy this year)
                              3. Charles Woodson
                              4. Champ Bailey
                              5. Ronde Barber

Comment

Working...
                              X