X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ct bills fan
    • Jul 2002

A case for keeping Riemersma

I say we should try and renegotiate JR's contract - get rid of the $3.5 salary for next year and extend his contract, making it cap friendly. Here are the two main reasons:

(1) He wants to be here, and more importantly
    (2) With Peerless probably heading elsewhere (does anybody think he really wants to stay??) JR would become a bigger part of the offense. Drew talks about having a more efficient offense, especially in the red zone. You need a big tight end to accomplish this. Just because JR was underutilized this year doesn't mean he can't be a bigger part of the offense next year.
  • HenryRules
    • Jul 2002

why do you say that Peerless doesn't want to stay??? He has said all along that he wants to stay with the team.

Comment

• BigDoug
      1-800-SAD-GOAT
      • Jul 2002

Nope, we will be a run-oriented offense next year. We don't need an expensive pass-catching TE who can't block for ****.

Comment

• TedMock
        • Jul 2002

I'd like to see him here, I don't think it'll happen. I also think that Price is gone but I think it's going to be hard on him because Yes, I do believe he wants to stay. Going somewhere else for more money doesn't necessarily mean he's money hungry either. To go elsewhere would probably be a large pay increase, not just a half a mil. Plus he'd be the number one guy somewhere else. 94 catches and 1200 yards, he's earned that chance like him or not. Those are number one guy numbers. He may decide to go but I'd bet that it's a tougher decision than people are making it out to be.

Comment

• Judge
          • Aug 2002

Dave Moore can more than capably fill in for Riemersma.
          Argue like hell. Keep it clean. And when it's over, shake hands and root for our team!

Comment

• don137
            • Jul 2002

Riemersma is gone. He knows it by the way he addressed his teammates in the locker room when cleaning out his locker. He has dropped too many balls the last couple of years and his blocking sucks.

Comment

• shelby
              The Vanilla *****
              • Jul 2002

i agree with Judge. Moore can get the job done. i like Riems, but i don't think he'll be with us next year.

Comment

• MissBuffalo
                Quiddity
                • Jul 2002

I agree with everyone that Moore is more than capable of doing the job. Insted of getting all misty-eyed now, Jay should have renegotiated when the Bills wanted too.
                See me here pushing you
                If I then deny I do
                Contemplate or wish away
                If I ask you not to stay

Comment

• Cntrygal
                  Visually stunning but camera-shy.
                  • Jul 2002

I think JR may retire...
                  Originally posted by notacon
                  The biggest thing we learned from the Bills is that they are a resilient bunch and did what they had to do to win instead of past years where they fold like a cheap lawn chair.

For news, articles and other "stuff"... BillsZone.com

Comment

• kgun12
                    • Jul 2002

First of all: Does Alvin Harper mean anything to any of you. If not let me refresh your memory. He was the #2 to Mike Irving during the Cowbays hayday of the 90's. About the same type of #'s as Price for more year. Left the Big D and went to Tampa to be the #1 guy and more money. What happened fell off the face of the earth, never even had #3 number, why nobody to complement him. Same will happen to Price, not cause he doesn't have skills, but because nobody to take the pressure off him.

Miss Buff. JR offered to take a $2 million pay-cut, but the Bills toght it wasn't enough. With his number down he probably won't be back.
                    Retired Air Traffic Controller
                    USAF VETERAN
                    DAV

Comment

• BledsoeTOreedfor6
                      • Jul 2002

Bye Bye Jay!

Comment

• BledsoeTOreedfor6
                        • Jul 2002

Re: A case for keeping Riemersma

Originally posted by ct bills fan
                        I say we should try and renegotiate JR's contract - get rid of the $3.5 salary for next year and extend his contract, making it cap friendly. Here are the two main reasons:

(
                        He would not take a paycut last year. There is no reason to believe he would take a significant paycut this year.

Comment

• Earthquake Enyart
                          Legendary Zoner
                          • Jul 2002

MissB already said that.

I'm surprised he made it through this year. Thought he was a goner for sure.

Comment

• BledsoeTOreedfor6
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by kgun12

Miss Buff. JR offered to take a $2 million pay-cut, but the Bills toght it wasn't enough. With his number down he probably won't be back.

When did he offer to take $ 2 million paycut? IT surely was not this year because his salary would have been down to $500,000 and thats below the vet min. I don't think he ever offered to take a paycut!

Comment

• SABURZFAN
                              short bus extraordinaire
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by BigDoug
                              Nope, we will be a run-oriented offense next year. We don't need an expensive pass-catching TE who can't block for ****.
                              i agree with BD on this one.
                              Originally posted by yordad
                              Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

Working...
                              X