PDA

View Full Version : Parrish update...

FlyingDutchman
08-11-2005, 02:09 PM
anyone hear anything....:smoke:

Ebenezer
08-11-2005, 02:12 PM
nada....the longer it takes the more I worry.

LtBillsFan66
08-11-2005, 02:18 PM
:pray:

Pride
08-11-2005, 02:38 PM
Opposite.. the longer it takes, the more tests they run... if it was a clean break or something like that... they would know right away.

DraftBoy
08-11-2005, 02:54 PM
Im gonna guess fracture of some sort, or possibly a ligament partial tear. Either way not good, but with clean breaks or full tears they usually know immediately, like Pride said.

bigbub2352
08-11-2005, 02:57 PM
the longer it takes the worse it is, that means the team does not want to disclose anything with the public

don137
08-11-2005, 02:59 PM
I agree...the longer it takes means they may be seeking a second opinion of the prognosis...If it was minor it would of been taken care of by now...My guess they are determining if surgery is needed or not...

Pride
08-11-2005, 02:59 PM
If I remember correctly... the team immediately told us that Everett was hurt, same about all of the other injuries... this one is taking longer, because I believe it may be a tendon or a hairline fracture, and they are working out how long he will be out for... if it was a fully on break.. we would have heard by now

Tatonka
08-11-2005, 03:01 PM
either damn way, it is not good.

DraftBoy
08-11-2005, 03:01 PM
If I remember correctly... the team immediately told us that Everett was hurt, same about all of the other injuries... this one is taking longer, because I believe it may be a tendon or a hairline fracture, and they are working out how long he will be out for... if it was a fully on break.. we would have heard by now

I agree, I think the injury while still severe is much smaller then a full tear or break, therefor alot more testing and determining needs to take place to fully determine the extent of the injury and time out required.

Pride
08-11-2005, 03:03 PM
"[The night session] was a great opportunity for the fans," said Mularkey. "Its good seating and I think the players enjoy it because of the tempo."

The Bills did receive a scare midway through the night session when rookie receiver Roscoe Parrish left practice with what appeared to be a right hand injury.

Mularkey said after practice that Parrish was having X-rays on his hand.

"Anytime somebody doesn't finish a practice you always worry," said Mularkey.

Parrish, who has been impressive thus far in camp, was injured diving headfirst for a 40-yard pass thrown by backup quarterback Kelly Holcomb. Cornerback Jabari Greer was the defender in coverage.

"I don't think I landed on him," said Greer. "It's just one of those things that happen in football. "We both went for the ball and it just happened. I apologize again if he was hurt but it was nothing intentional."

Selected 55th overall out of Miami, Parrish led the Hurricanes with 43 catches for 693 yards as a junior last season. He finished his college career with 81 catches for 1,285 yards and 11 touchdowns and scored another TD on a punt return.

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/news.jsp?news_id=3303

Mularky didnt seem too upset by it

Ebenezer
08-11-2005, 03:06 PM
according to the radio he did not participate today

Pride
08-11-2005, 03:06 PM
Also, if it is a hand injury... it is most likely a broken finger... which shoudl be healed by week 4 (8 weeks)

L.A. Playa
08-11-2005, 03:07 PM
whats funny is most people wher upset that Parrish was taken by the Bills in the draft, he shows promise and everyone is excited, he gets hurt now everyone is worried like its the end of the season if he is gone for an extended period, last time I looke though I think he will be an upgrade to our # 3 WR we still ahve same WR's on roster that we had last year and Clements and SMith are pretty good PR Ihope he is not hurt but to me if he is, he will be back but is not gonna hurt the season

Tatonka
08-11-2005, 03:54 PM
i dont think anyone is acting like it is the end of the season.. i just think that we were all getting very excited to see him in action.. we have heard so many good things about him and he looked good in the scrimmage.. it is just disappointing.

Akhippo
08-11-2005, 05:10 PM
It was funny how this was floated that picking him was a bad thing. Or at least people were really down about it. Now people cant stand not knowing his status. Im kinda crushed not having our second and third UM picks ready for the opener at this point. Speculation re: RP at this point.

bigbub2352
08-11-2005, 05:40 PM
i thought parrish was a real good pick most explosive player available, anyway channel 7 local news jeff russo reported that parrish is in buffalo awaiting x-rays and going over them with team doctors that is about it...

Bling
08-11-2005, 06:14 PM
He's a dud. You guys would've cut him 2 years down the road... better earlier than later, right?

im4bflo
08-11-2005, 06:27 PM
Blink, you're an idiot :squish:
I hate this preseason every year, hoping no one get's hurt.
We havn't even really started yet, and there's too many already.

Captain Obvious
08-11-2005, 08:54 PM
He's a dud. You guys would've cut him 2 years down the road... better earlier than later, right?
How's your 2nd round pick Matt Roth doing? Getting pushed around in TC. He needs to get bigger not to mention learning a few moves and techniques instead of just bullrushing.