PDA

View Full Version : Tag Peerless with a transition label!

Judge
12-31-2002, 11:24 AM
To my recollection, the Bills have the ability to place the transition label on Peerless, guaranteeing him the average of the top 10 WR's in the NFL and giving the Bills compensatory draft picks if another team were to sign him.

That's the way to go- that'll likely keep him here 1 more year for the big 2003 run we all expect, and if some team throws $12 mil at him then we'd get some draft picks at lease.

Simple!

JefftheBillsfan
12-31-2002, 11:25 AM
thats all good...but what if he decides to hold out because he doesnt want to be transitioned? Besides, IMO, he isnt a top 10 WR.

don137
12-31-2002, 11:27 AM
Is Peerless worth the average salary of the top 10 players at WR?
He is more a product of the system than he is talent (IMO).

Judge
12-31-2002, 11:30 AM
Originally posted by don137
Is Peerless worth the average salary of the top 10 players at WR?
He is more a product of the system than he is talent (IMO).

I disagree. Always have, and always will. Peerless is an outstanding talent in my opinion.

If he holds out, he throws away a chance at being on an explosive offense and enhancing his UFA value the following year. It'd be a stupid move.

ublinkwescore
12-31-2002, 11:33 AM
I think he's skilled, but I doubt he'd be a 1,200+ yard reciever without Moulds. He might have gotten past the 1,000 yard mark, but not by much.

I want Price to stay, because I don't think Reed will develop as fast as we'd like - don't get me wrong, I like him, and I think he'll be a real asset real soon, just not until sometime around week 8 of next season. He's also a Taurus just like me. In fact he's exactly 2 days older then me.

I don't know how the Bills brass will handle Price being a Free Agent, but I hope they either retain him, or bring someone in here that will make us forget all about him for the defense.

clumping platelets
12-31-2002, 11:33 AM
Transition tag does not yield compensation picks, either directly from the transaction or in the form of comp picks awarded prior to the draft........only the right of first refusal.

Judge
12-31-2002, 11:45 AM
Originally posted by clumping platelets
Transition tag does not yield compensation picks, either directly from the transaction or in the form of comp picks awarded prior to the draft........only the right of first refusal.

Really? Is there a rule on that so I could look it up?

clumping platelets
12-31-2002, 12:08 PM
www.nflpa.org

Look in the CBA

TigerJ
12-31-2002, 12:19 PM
I like Price as a player but I think he's just immature enough not to play his best if he believes the Bills aren't being fair, andhe would believe the Bills aren't being fair if he gets transitioned.

casdhf
12-31-2002, 12:40 PM
He's a #2, but in our offense, we bsically have 2 #1 WRs

Judge
12-31-2002, 12:51 PM
Originally posted by clumping platelets
www.nflpa.org

Look in the CBA

Thank you- interesting reading. Always good to read the rules!

LABillsFan
12-31-2002, 12:52 PM
True it is the system that helped PP this year, but without 2 receivers with the speed and moves both EM and PP have the system will not be as effective. Reed is a young talent but he is more of a possesion receiver, I don't think he has PP's speed. If PP is let go and there aren't and receivers to sign that can take the pressure off of EM, I think the the system may have to be tweaked to passing to backs in the flat, screens, 5-6 yard slants and running the ball to set up Moulds down field. I honestly don't feel that the offense will be as explosive next year, however, the Bills do have the talent to sustain drives and be consistant if they want to be.

Bert102176
01-01-2003, 04:49 PM
no doubt without Moulds Price would never get the receptions or yards he got this year but he is an above average reciever but he won't be a top 10 wr untill he does something about his temper.

RedEyE
01-01-2003, 04:52 PM
If tagged, what is Price's salary compensation - if any?

iceblizzard69
01-01-2003, 05:03 PM
I think you should let him leave. He will go somewhere like Detroit and suck next year. He is a product of the system and being opposite of Moulds (who I think is a great reciever). Josh Reed has a ton of talent, and will be a good WR. He isn't as fast as Price, but he knows how to get open and his speed isn't terrible or anything. Reed was outstanding in college.

ublinkwescore
01-01-2003, 05:55 PM
You want us to let him leave so that Chris Chambers will have to take pressure off of him - don't you?