PDA

View Full Version : Dumb News Items

DynaPaul
08-12-2005, 05:23 PM
On Friday morning, Owens left his Moorestown, N.J., home with two suitcases and went to Philadelphia International Airport, where he told KYW-TV as he headed to a security gate: "I'm going to the Bahamas. I'm going to get a tan."

Uh, Terrell... You're black and therefore it'd be impossible for you to get a tan.

Doug Flutie, the fast scrambling midget of NFL quarterbacks, is storming onto the field in New England as a Patriot. At 42, Flutie - remembered in the CFL for his Grey Cup victories as a Stampeder and Argo, while remembered down south for his stints with Buffalo and San Diego - recognizes that his role is not that of a starter. Instead, he knows he's coming in as a mentor, a teacher, and if the need arises, a quarterback. "The role that I'm fulfilling is that of a veteran quarterback. My role may be in the classroom, that may be my biggest contribution; it may not be on the field. If I am on the field, I feel like they have confidence in me."

Pssst, hey Doug! Tom Brady has three Super Bowl rings. Exactly what is it that you're going to mentor him on?

Headline: Dolphins, Jags have concerns on offense

Now THAT'S the understatement of the year!

OXNARD, Calif. - Former Cowboys quarterback Troy Aikman visited training camp Thursday.

What was his impression after watching barely 15 minutes of practice?

He thinks Drew Bledsoe has a good chance of having a good year if the offensive line is good. He is not quite sure what to make of the backup quarterbacks. And he thinks the Cowboys are going to be better in 2005.

Maybe if Aikman's going to quarterback for them!

The_Philster
08-12-2005, 06:15 PM
Doug Flutie, the fast scrambling midget of NFL quarterbacks, is storming onto the field in New England as a Patriot. At 42, Flutie - remembered in the CFL for his Grey Cup victories as a Stampeder and Argo, while remembered down south for his stints with Buffalo and San Diego - recognizes that his role is not that of a starter. Instead, he knows he's coming in as a mentor, a teacher, and if the need arises, a quarterback. "The role that I'm fulfilling is that of a veteran quarterback. My role may be in the classroom, that may be my biggest contribution; it may not be on the field. If I am on the field, I feel like they have confidence in me."Pssst, hey Doug! Tom Brady has three Super Bowl rings. Exactly what is it that you're going to mentor him on?How to be a backstabber? :idunno:

Stewie
08-12-2005, 06:21 PM
TO was joking. You know what a joke is, right?

Jan Reimers
08-12-2005, 06:57 PM
Actually, black people do get darker in the sun, just as white people do. And, contrary to popular opinion, Tom Brady doesn't know everything.

DMBcrew36
08-12-2005, 09:38 PM
And, contrary to popular opinion, Tom Brady doesn't know everything.

amen

Devin
08-13-2005, 12:37 AM
ummmmmm not to rain on anyones parade. Im as big of Bills fan as any.

But any quarterback with 3 rings in less then 5 years knows it all until proven otherwise.

DMBcrew36
08-13-2005, 02:25 AM
ummmmmm not to rain on anyones parade. Im as big of Bills fan as any.

But any quarterback with 3 rings in less then 5 years knows it all until proven otherwise.
I'd say that Bill Belichick holds most of the knowledge that got them those Super Bowls, not Tom Brady.

superbills
08-13-2005, 09:25 AM
I'd say that Bill Belichick holds most of the knowledge that got them those Super Bowls, not Tom Brady.

Yes, but the Pats don't win those Super Bowls if the "Midget" were playing quarterback. There's nothing of any real value that Flutie can impart to Brady that could possibly make him a better quaterback, unless he's marketing Brady Bars or Brady Flakes.

Billsman12
08-13-2005, 09:37 AM
Yes, but the Pats don't win those Super Bowls if the "Midget" were playing quarterback. There's nothing of any real value that Flutie can impart to Brady that could possibly make him a better quaterback, unless he's marketing Brady Bars or Brady Flakes.....

:bf1: :lmao: <!-- / message --><!-- sig --><!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

Jan Reimers
08-13-2005, 10:40 AM
Actually, the Pats may very well have won their three Super Bowls with Flutie at the helm, and by bigger margins. Who knows? The Pats are a TEAM, with superb coaching and great personnel at many positions.

You could probably plug any number of competent QBs into that system and win. Brady is far, far from a one man team.

Stewie
08-13-2005, 11:28 AM
Could have, should have, would have, whatever.

They didn't.

Flutie might be able to tell Brady what to do when you can't see over your OL. That may be it.

DynaPaul
08-13-2005, 06:13 PM
Actually, the Pats may very well have won their three Super Bowls with Flutie at the helm, and by bigger margins.

Ha ha ha, you are such a RIOT!