PDA

View Full Version : Parrish Has Surgery

TypicalBill
08-12-2005, 06:03 PM
Bills second round pick Roscoe Parrish has had sucessful wrist surgery today in Buffalo. Parrish hurt it Wednesday night when he dove for a ball and Jabari Greer landed on top of him.

This does not seem to be a season ending injury and Parrish could be back some time in September.

http://www.wben.com/newsroom/sportsreport.php?newsid=1019

DaBillzAhDaShiznit
08-12-2005, 06:19 PM
damn it! Now we almost have to keep Reed on the roster.

THATHURMANATOR
08-12-2005, 06:31 PM
I don't think it is almost, and so what He was great as a rookie. He could still be a decent 3rd receiver. How bout our draft though. No first, second and third out.

Bert102176
08-12-2005, 07:06 PM
that hurts us cause after Moulds and Evens we have basicaly crap for WR's

Bert102176
08-12-2005, 07:07 PM
what FA WR's are out there still?

ShadowHawk7
08-12-2005, 07:22 PM
Back in September? How about week 2?

RetroRaiders81
08-12-2005, 07:27 PM
The Raiders might trade WR Doug Gabriel for a defensive player.

Bert102176
08-12-2005, 07:31 PM
were screwed unless Reed rememberes how to catch the ball, and hold on to it

ddaryl
08-12-2005, 07:38 PM
It is a dissappointment because my faith in Josh Reed has slipped to nil, and Roscoe has looked real good during the scrimmage and camp.

I had high hopes for Josh, but watching some camp videos and the scrimmage and comparing in to Reed's last season debacle you can notice one very defining characteristic about Josh Reeds game. As a WR he hardly ever gains any real seperation from defenders.

With Roscoe the 1st thing I noticed was how he has both speed and football speed. He may be small but he can noticeably move, and create seperation. Coupled with recent rule changes against defenders Parrish has a solid chance of being very good WR IMO. Of course I reserve full judgement till after I see him take a couple of real hits going across the middle and how he bounces back.

Drive 4 Five
08-12-2005, 07:59 PM
Chill peoples. Parrish is going to be a tremendous benefit to our team, and losing him sucks, but it just means that others get an opportunity. Parrish will be back. Just a minor set back, nothing more.

Morgoth
08-12-2005, 08:02 PM
The sky is falling! Don't cry, it's outta our hands.

RedEyE
08-12-2005, 08:04 PM
Geez. The sky is falling, the sky is falling!!! Our 2nd round rookie WR that's playing the #3 WR position won't be back until week 2 of the regular season!! I'm canceling my DirecTV and burning all of my Bills gear. Hopefully we make a huge trade for a crappy WR to fill in for him, because Josh Reed has only been the league for 2 seasons. Maybe we could trade McGee or Clements for one of the Raiders lousey bunch?

Chill the F out guys! The Bills are not in bad shape. Josh Reed is entering his 3rd season, knows the system and realizes he's fighting for 3rd seed. He'll produce. Cut him some slack. If this is the worst of all the injuries the Bills have out of Pre-Season and training camp, then consider yourselves lucky. Parrish is said to back in a month.

Captain Obvious
08-12-2005, 08:26 PM
Geez. The sky is falling, the sky is falling!!! Our 2nd round rookie WR that's playing the #3 WR position won't be back until week 2 of the regular season!! I'm canceling my DirecTV and burning all of my Bills gear. Hopefully we make a huge trade for a crappy WR to fill in for him, because Josh Reed has only been the league for 2 seasons. Maybe we could trade McGee or Clements for one of the Raiders lousey bunch?

Chill the F out guys! The Bills are not in bad shape. Josh Reed is entering his 3rd season, knows the system and realizes he's fighting for 3rd seed. He'll produce. Cut him some slack. If this is the worst of all the injuries the Bills have out of Pre-Season and training camp, then consider yourselves lucky. Parrish is said to back in a month.
Josh Reed is entering his 4th year. Agreed, no need to make trades or sign a WR, if Parrish is going to be back in Sept.

RedEyE
08-12-2005, 08:36 PM
Josh Reed is entering his 4th year. Agreed, no need to make trades or sign a WR, if Parrish is going to be back in Sept.Thanks, man. I'm getting old and have seen too many drafts. There all starting to blend together. BTW, I bet Cribbs doesn't fumble once this year.

Bert102176
08-12-2005, 08:39 PM
sorry I didn't realize it said september I for some reason thought it said December

Mr. Miyagi
08-12-2005, 08:48 PM
what FA WR's are out there still?
Stop the crazy talk. If there's any quality FA out there he would already be signed by Philly.

Captain Obvious
08-12-2005, 08:53 PM
Thanks, man. I'm getting old and have seen too many drafts. There all starting to blend together. BTW, I bet Cribbs doesn't fumble once this year.
Cribbs, Is that Joe Cribbs? Do I have his name right? He played for the bills in the early eighties right? Now that is a name from the past if I'm right.

Novacane
08-12-2005, 08:53 PM
damn. TD better call Philly and see if they'll take our entire draft next year for TO

Dantheman1280
08-12-2005, 08:54 PM
Dont worry people, Yes Roscoe had everyone excited. But between Josh Reed, Sam Aiken and Smith we will have a average 3rd option until Parish gets healthy!

Michael82
08-12-2005, 09:09 PM
I just think it sucks because I wanted to see him develop with the training camp and preseason games. Now he will miss those and it will hurt his development a bit. :(

colin
08-12-2005, 09:54 PM
it sucks cuz like big mikey i wanted to see him, but frankly we have so much depth at WR that as long as eric and lee play we are good.

what would roscoe be looking at, 2 or 3 passes for the first 5 or so games his way?

clements can still do punts and we have kicks down to a science.

bad that both our top picks got dinged, but it is part of the game

smack541
08-12-2005, 10:27 PM
Well here we go again!! BAN the number 11!!!! Its kryptonite to us Bills fans!!!

relentless
08-12-2005, 10:31 PM
as much as it does suck...injuries are part of this great game.......heal quickly Roscoe...

Ebenezer
08-12-2005, 10:43 PM
Sam Aiken just made the team.

Kerr
08-12-2005, 11:47 PM
This is really unfortunate, but the good news is that he's not lost for the season. Our offense shouldn't suffer so much until week 2 as long as we can run the ball effectively. Everything else would be a piece of cake on offense if we can get the running game flowing early in the season.

JJamezz
08-13-2005, 12:04 AM
I just think it sucks because I wanted to see him develop with the training camp and preseason games. Now he will miss those and it will hurt his development a bit. :(

Yep, me too.. I was looking forward to seeing him in the preseason, when he'd have had a lot more balls thrown at him than in the regular season. From some of the footage I've seen, he is really exciting to watch - I've never seen somebody be able to just stop on a dime and change direction like this kid. Some plays I've seen just didn't even look real, like they were sped up or something... He's like The Flash... lol...

Tatonka
08-13-2005, 12:07 AM
Sam Aiken just made the team.

he was making the team regardless.. but this gives you a good cover when he does.. you can say "aw.. well.. if roscoe wasnt hurt...."

alohabillsfan
08-13-2005, 05:52 AM
If we can't beat the Texans at home and the Bucs on the road without Parrish we are in for a long season. I am not worried, yet!

Philagape
08-13-2005, 06:54 AM
I think it's pretty silly to say Parrish is the difference between winning and losing

mysticsoto
08-13-2005, 09:10 AM
I wonder if this means they might keep 6 WRs for now??? I'm not a big fan of Fast Freddie and I rather a taller WR. Wilson has apparently looked pretty good and made a good catch or two at the scrimmage. I like Tony Brown also, but feel he still needs to bulk up a little more. If not, then maybe they should keep an extra catching TE to compensate initially for Parrish. Cieslak has looked very good and caught everything coming his way. Could use more practice blocking but in catching he's done really well.

Anyway, for the 1st few games, we may not need Parrish. But we may need him against teams like NE and some tougher teams...

Earthquake Enyart
08-13-2005, 09:36 AM
It's Fast Freddie time!

Billsman12
08-13-2005, 09:44 AM
Roscoe will develop just fine....Like someone else said just a minor setback. I think Reed will do okay...Better than last year...Because it don't get much worse than that.

dannyek71
08-13-2005, 02:48 PM
tony brown and wilson are camp fodder

Bert102176
08-13-2005, 11:39 PM
wish he coulda been in this game tonight

JD
08-14-2005, 03:23 AM
damn it! Now we almost have to keep Reed on the roster.

:lmao: