• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • clumping platelets
    • Jun 2024

Interesting article about Hamister's bid

• TonyBuffalo
    • Jul 2002

Did you read in todays paper that hamister wanted the $500,000 ground rent gone.

Comment

• Buffarama
      Football-Sport of the Gods
      • Jul 2002

Did you read in todays paper as well :

A confessed Sabres addict since she was 10 years old, she said while losing the Sabres would be an economic blow to the community, it also would be an emotional loss to the tens of thousands who follow the team in Western New York and Southern Ontario.

"We love these guys, win or lose. It would be just awful to lose them to another city. There'd be a lot of broken hearts," she said.

A true fan and Buffalonian spoke.

Comment

• TonyBuffalo
        • Jul 2002

I'm broken hearted when my business taxes go up and i have to cut my paycheck lower, I'm broken hearted when goverment enforced fees for unemployement go up, or comp insurance go up, or sales tax, blau blau blau...

Tell the team members and all the coaches to put there balls on the table and say, if any tax money is used, they will all take a 50% pay cut, If any taxes go into them it's a paycut to the tax payer.

And if anyone whines about it just shut up, if all of you people wanted them so bad, they would be a sell out each game.

Check mate.

Comment

• Earthquake Enyart
          Legendary Zoner
          • Jul 2002

Better go with the decaf today, Tony.

Comment

• clumping platelets

Comment

• keepdasabesinbuffalo
              anyone seen my 50 mission cap?
              • Dec 2002

Tell the team members and all the couches to put there balls on the table
              note to self: never sit on the couches at Tony's house...they have balls!! and stay away from his table too...it seems to be where said balls end up!!!
              I play real hockey...on the ICE, with a white helmet!

Comment

• TonyBuffalo
                • Jul 2002

lol...

It seems a lot of people want the sabres to watch them on TV not to go to the games.

If they were wanted so much the season tickets would be all gone and they wouldn't be having the lowest attendance ever. GOod or bad the TRUE fans would be at each game every game like clock work!

I would love the sabres to stay, but NOT on my dime. I have no issue about loaning them the money even, BUT no loop holes to get out of it. He signs on the line, he owes it wether anyone shows up at the games or not. Some of the coaches and players make an insane amount of money, they can cut back if they would like to stay here too.

:)

Comment

• keepdasabesinbuffalo
                  anyone seen my 50 mission cap?
                  • Dec 2002

welllll........ I agree on some level Tony.
                  I consider myself a die hard fan. I have had season tickets for the last 5 years, I bleed Sabres blue and gold.

But this year I don't have season tickets and I don't get to go to as many games, not because I don't want them or I don't love the team as much because it is the worst year in franchise history. But I bought a home and now buying season tickets or going to every game is not a real feasible thing for me.

Does this make me less of a fan because I can't get to every game? Not in my book, I make them when I can and spend the rest of them on the couch (not your couch thtough Tony)

It does irritate me though that they had the audasity to raise ticket prices after a losing season where they didn't even make the playoffs. They whine and ***** about attendance but aren't willing to do the things that I learned in BUS 101..

LOWER TICKET PRICES!!! RUN MORE PROMOTIONS!!!! DO WHATEVER IT TAKES TO FILL THE SEATS!!!!

it shouldn't take a real genius to figure out that it is better to fill two $30.00 seats than one $40.00 seat. C'mon here people, who are the brain children that are sitting down in the ticket office scratching God knows what orifice saying" Well Billy Bob...I just don't understand what we is gonna do to get more people through them gates."

Arrrughgggghhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!

:pow: Rigas...may you rot in hell!!!!
                  I play real hockey...on the ICE, with a white helmet!

Comment

• HenryRules
                    • Jul 2002

Tony, haven't you figured it out yet? Buffalo will only be a great city once we're all unemployed so that we have the time to go and watch every single Sabres game. Unfortunately, since no one will actually live in the city due to high taxes and no incentive for businesses in general, all the games will be road games. But who cares, we're all unemployed, so we'll have the time to travel with the team.

Comment

• TonyBuffalo
                      • Jul 2002

you know i'm not a butt head. But enough is enough, the politicians give too much away of our money to people with money.

If i had no choice and they said we will give 20,000,000 away, i would rather see it go to the schools, the firemen, the police. NOT sports. It's proven over and over sports do not make a great city. If it did then seeing we have two major sport teams we should have something to show for it.

What do we have, 120,000,000 to the bills over 10 years and now perhaps a money pit with hockey.

Comment

Working...
                      X