PDA

View Full Version : No more Hockey Hotline

JD
08-13-2005, 11:59 AM
-By Alan Pergament, Buffalo News: The Buffalo Sabres' TV plans for their first season on the Madison Square Garden Network include a postgame show with a new name, a different cast and a different agenda than "Hockey Hotline" had on the defunct Empire Sports Network.

Kevin Sylvester, the former WGR-AM morning host, will host "The Shootout." Mike Robitaille, the "HH" regular who worked with Josh Mora (now in Chicago) two seasons ago, returns with a former Sabre to be named later. If Rob Ray retires, he would be an obvious option.

RetroRaiders81
08-13-2005, 12:12 PM
I liked the old show. :mad:

SABuffalo786
08-13-2005, 06:00 PM
Sad news. Really was a Sabres institution.

Typ0
08-13-2005, 06:44 PM
this sucks...TG has so many billions he should have thrown some away on empire...

BuffaloRanger
08-13-2005, 09:04 PM
How can it have a different agenda? Talk hockey, take phone calls. Are they going to cut out the call in portion? That's what made it the best post game show on TV. It was the only one fans could call in to.

I'll have to tell Kevin to push for it.

buffalofan19
08-13-2005, 11:51 PM
I don't even think the call-in part will be taken away. I think it's more of a "new network-new show-new name" mentality, sort of like a fresh start kind of thing. It shouldn't be too bad. Kevin Sylvester isn't a bad host either. Before he got that morning show on WGR with those two other guys, I always thought he was a decent sports guy.

BFBills
08-14-2005, 01:13 PM
boooo

pyrrhonist
08-14-2005, 07:57 PM
I feel bad that I won't know what I'm missing. My Centre Ice feed always cut off right after the game broadcasts were over out West here. The beginning of Hockey Hotline would start up, then it would cut off.

Sounds like it was a pretty good show at one point?

buffalofan19
08-14-2005, 08:11 PM
It was a good show, and so will "The Shootout". It's the same show, only different name. I don't get what people are crying about. The only differences are going to be the name and Kevin Sylvester hosting with Mike Robitaille instead of Josh Mora. I really don't see what the big deal is.

Guy Incognito
08-14-2005, 10:13 PM
Kevin Sylvester beats the hell out of Fro boy or the druggy.

Earthquake Enyart
08-15-2005, 06:21 AM
I feel bad that I won't know what I'm missing. My Centre Ice feed always cut off right after the game broadcasts were over out West here. The beginning of Hockey Hotline would start up, then it would cut off.

Sounds like it was a pretty good show at one point?
If you havew DirecTV, you can buy the sports package that has MSG and all the local Fox Sports Nets.

BFBills
08-15-2005, 10:15 AM
josh mora was great

SABURZFAN
08-15-2005, 10:19 AM
josh mora was great

let's not get carried away here.he wasn't great.

chernobylwraiths
08-15-2005, 11:05 AM
Brian Blessing was the cohost. And it was good because Mike and Brian always seemed to disagree and Mike looked like he wanted to hit Blessing on many occasions.