PDA

View Full Version : Coy Wire sucks

Novacane
08-13-2005, 09:53 PM
he made so many mistakes tonight.

fell down in coverage once. late in coverage. pass interference when the ball was 5 yards behind the reciever. And this was all against 2nd and 3rd teamers. I hope they have someone better than him at backup safety. He blows

Historian
08-13-2005, 10:11 PM
He certainly has taken his lumps tonight.

Dozerdog
08-13-2005, 10:37 PM
I hope Leonhard makes the team- he looks like a hard nosed guy

Bert102176
08-13-2005, 11:31 PM
I hope Wire gets cut and Leonhard looked not bad

Kerr
08-13-2005, 11:43 PM
If leonhard can play special teams as well as wire, then forget it, wire is gone! I think leohard also was his school's int career leader. The potential certainly is there.

Uncle Jesse
08-14-2005, 12:20 AM
Wait, but Coy Wire is on pop vending machines, we can't cut him!!

Although I'm sure he can find something to do with his Stanford degree..

vicmantak
08-14-2005, 12:32 AM
SS is an underrated position and for sure someone better than Coy will be available soon or later...

Marvelous
08-14-2005, 02:20 AM
It's time for Wire to get demoted even further or outright cut. IMO he has -0- upside. And that's what we need. Just in case someone goes down or for "value" ..... Coy had his chance.... Imagine if we didn't get Milloy and he started all year :sorry: :sorry:

juice
08-14-2005, 07:08 AM
It takes certain natural abilities and instincts to play in the Defensive Backfield which Wire lacks.. LBer and DB spots take totally separate sets of skills to play effectivly.

Coordination, Quick Twitch Ability to adjust on the Fly, these are just a few of the skills that Wire lacks and the major reasons he would never be successful at any DB position.. I just don't understand why the Bills staff didn't see this when they were Scouting this guy and considering trying to transition him from College LBer to NFL DB.

It's not an easy transition to make

dannyek71
08-14-2005, 08:49 AM
Is it me, or has wire regressed since he broke into the league and started 4 yrs ago?

LabattBlue
08-14-2005, 10:00 AM
I know Prioleau had a bigger cap hit than Wire, but the Bills would have been in much better shape if they had kept Prioleau and dumped Wire. He is a better backup safety and arguably a better ST'er.

Tatonka
08-14-2005, 10:08 AM
i thought reports out of camp were that wire was looking much better?

if another player beats him out, then so be it... it is a different era of football.. you don't see alot of players that are kept as special teams aces.. althought, if we could find someone that could snap, we wouldnt have to keep just a snapper..

i dont know.. i feel bad for wire, because he tries hard.. but if he cant do it by now.. he never will be able to.

juice
08-14-2005, 10:23 AM
Many posters here made that point prior to PPs' release.. I bet PP gets alot of Play with the skins in nickle packages this year because of his instictive ball hawking stle of play.

I watched part of the Panthers/Skins game last night and PP didn't seem to miss a beat fitting into their system when he was playing.. another guy that looks like a potential starter is Traveres Tillman down in Miami and Izell Reese looks to be competing for starting time down in Dallas.. These are guys that had experience in the Bills system and look to get play in at least Nickle situations with other squads while Coy may never develope into a NFL caliber DB.

DynaPaul
08-14-2005, 10:25 AM
This seems to be a new NFL disease. These rookies come in and look great in their opening seasons, both Josh Reed and Coy Wire epitomize this. You think, "Wow, if they're makin' plays as rookies I can't wait to see them once they get the system under their belt!"

THEN THE NEXT SEASON THEY UTTERLY SUCK.

What's happening to these fellas? Are they just getting paid and laid and becoming complacent?

Tatonka
08-14-2005, 10:32 AM
reese, prielous, and tilman were all chumps here.. nothing more than average play from any of them at any point... reese is competing for a starting spot in dallas because they have such horrible depth that he is the best they can do.

none of those guys were a loss.. we can find 10 more journeymen just the same as them if we need to.

juice
08-14-2005, 10:46 AM
reese, prielous, and tilman were all chumps here.. nothing more than average play from any of them at any point... reese is competing for a starting spot in dallas because they have such horrible depth that he is the best they can do.

none of those guys were a loss.. we can find 10 more journeymen just the same as them if we need to.I beg the differ Tonk..

Tillman is the scheduled starter in Miami, PP looked much better than Wire in their game last night and was always a good Blitzer, Tackler, and decent in pass coverage, even Reese never looked as bad as CoyCoy last year who was always lost in space and getting burned badly.

I'd take any of these guys over Coy Wire because they can play DB, have played DB, or have the potential to learn how to play DB.. which is more than I can say for Wire.. A wasted roster spot since being drafted.

I can't believe they drafted this bum.. A pretty face and limited tackling ability does not a DB make.

None of the journeymen you could find would have the years experience in the Bills system that the Bills invested into these guys who were all better than Coy.

BTW Tonk.. Cute Kid.

Tatonka
08-14-2005, 10:59 AM
thanks on my kid..

tilman is scheduled to start because they got rid of their safeties due to salary concerns.. they cut knight and freeman.. and they just signed bronson because they are not that happy with tilman.. ask the fish fans here.. besides the fact that tilman was a complete and total bum while he was here.. he was a second round pick for god sakes.. he is awful.

PP was a solid player, but nothing more than average.. i am not willing to settle for average.. i want great players.. he was undersized.. not that fast.. and though he hit big for a little man, and he is my alum.. i really was just never enamoured with him.

and as far as reese.. i think everyone on the board, except for a select few, know that reese was not good while he was here.. in fact, he was so bad that wire beat him out.. that is about as low as you can get judging from wires play.

Ebenezer
08-14-2005, 04:00 PM
some of us predicted wire to bust...have you ever heard him speak?? IF he graduated from Stanford I fail to understand how.

Dr. Lecter
08-14-2005, 04:44 PM
The Bills wanted PP over Wire. Remember, they went to PP first to re-negotiate his deal. When he refused, they cut him and talked to Wire. Had PP re-negotiated, Wire would have been gone.

Damn shame he didn't.

eee1776
08-14-2005, 04:52 PM
I can think of better places we can spend the almost 1 mill a year we are paying him.

Captain Obvious
08-14-2005, 05:48 PM
I beg the differ Tonk..

Tillman is the scheduled starter in Miami, PP looked much better than Wire in their game last night and was always a good Blitzer, Tackler, and decent in pass coverage, even Reese never looked as bad as CoyCoy last year who was always lost in space and getting burned badly.

I'd take any of these guys over Coy Wire because they can play DB, have played DB, or have the potential to learn how to play DB.. which is more than I can say for Wire.. A wasted roster spot since being drafted.

I can't believe they drafted this bum.. A pretty face and limited tackling ability does not a DB make.

None of the journeymen you could find would have the years experience in the Bills system that the Bills invested into these guys who were all better than Coy.

BTW Tonk.. Cute Kid.
I think Lance Schulters will be the starting FS in Miami. Tillman was in trouble with the law recently, was hurt and playing poorly in dolphins TC. I don't miss him one bit, not even as a backup.

juice
08-14-2005, 06:18 PM
I think Lance Schulters will be the starting FS in Miami. Tillman was in trouble with the law recently, was hurt and playing poorly in dolphins TC. I don't miss him one bit, not even as a backup.I think he was drag racing with a rookie teammate who was arrested for Wreckless driving going about 120MPH on the freeway.. But Tillman wasn't actually arrested but was either racing with or riding with the Rookie speeder.

I can say I do miss him as a depth chart player with size and ability.