PDA

View Full Version : Bledsoe and Cowboys

ebill00
08-14-2005, 12:36 AM
Bledsoes stats 4-8 for 27yds!!! No Td's. Cowboys looking anemic to say the least. :horror:

Mr. Cynical
08-14-2005, 02:03 AM
Don't worry...once they get an all pro oline, all pro WRs and all pro RBs Drew will prove everyone wrong.

:spit:

Konyeezie
08-14-2005, 02:06 AM
He was also sacked twice i think (one on 3rd down) and fumbled once.

I told you he sucks.

Mr. Miyagi
08-14-2005, 03:00 AM
Where's the Troll when you need him? :snicker:

JD
08-14-2005, 03:20 AM

I think he had to make a quick run to the local store for some tissues and a hat that says, "I'm such a ****ing moron".

don137
08-14-2005, 07:46 AM

He's probably at work now asking people would they like to supersize there value meal

Bledsoe is a lot like Rob Johnson in that he sucks at many of the intangibles such as avoiding sacks and fumbles. However Bledsoe is a clas act in many respects where Johnson was a California boy with not much personality.
I wonder if Cowboy fans will blame the line or Bledsoe.

Michael82
08-14-2005, 08:45 AM
3-9-DAL43 (15:00) D.Bledsoe sacked at DAL 43 for 0 yards (B.Berry).

1-10-DAL19 (10:34) D.Bledsoe sacked at DAL 9 for -10 yards (C.Okeafor). FUMBLES (C.Okeafor), recovered by DAL-R.Petitti at DAL 9. R.Petitti to DAL 9 for no gain (C.Okeafor).

Sound familiar? :snicker:

ryjam282
08-14-2005, 08:49 AM
Honestly, I think Drew has a super chance with this team. The O line in Big D is better then ours, as of right now, and if Parcells can get Drew to learn how to dump the ball off to the TE then I think he will have a good chance to produce. If you think about the last time he played with Parcells Bledsoe made Ben Coates a household name and went to him often. That was some of his best years in the league. Now, in Dallas, he has another GREAT TE in Witten. If he can learn to get him the ball often he will look a lot better this season. Just my opinion though.

Michael82
08-14-2005, 08:51 AM
Honestly, I think Drew has a super chance with this team. The O line in Big D is better then ours, as of right now, and if Parcells can get Drew to learn how to dump the ball off to the TE then I think he will have a good chance to produce. If you think about the last time he played with Parcells Bledsoe made Ben Coates a household name and went to him often. That was some of his best years in the league. Now, in Dallas, he has another GREAT TE in Witten. If he can learn to get him the ball often he will look a lot better this season. Just my opinion though.
http://www.dallascowboys.com/news.cfm?id=B4A94186-CEC2-E921-205BE1346CEDCA2A

ryjam282
08-14-2005, 09:31 AM
I stand corrected.....He will suck

The Cowboys offense didn't have a first down until tight end Jason Witten caught a 15-yard pass from Bledsoe with 2:09 left in the first quarter.

If he can't find Witten he will suck. Took that long to find him...Terrible, he will be out of Dallas in less then 2 years.

DaBillzAhDaShiznit
08-14-2005, 09:51 AM
...If Parcells can get Drew to learn how to dump the ball off to the TE then I think he will have a good chance to produce.

Hey, I agree....but there are two things working against this happening.

1) Bledsoe can't be tought to look to the outlet consistently. He goes back to the long routes after he goes through his progressions. A vast majority of the completions to Ben Coates were long balls on seam routes. Coates provided a matchup nightmare for linebackers, and had some of the best hands a TE in the NFL has ever had. There just weren't a lot of short curls, or short slants thrown to Coates.

2) Bledsoe's short range accuracy is just crap. Have you seen him try to hit the short slants? It's amazing to me that a guy with a cannon arm, of his height and lengthy tenure, can't make the easy passes, but can nail the long ones.

So basically, he doesn't want to use an outlet, and isn't very good when he tries.

DynaPaul
08-14-2005, 10:28 AM

You're joking right? :lmao:

Drew is doner than Ted Bundy on the electric chair.

DaBills
08-14-2005, 10:34 AM
'...Parcells Bledsoe made Ben Coates a household name...'

Drew has made the word 'sack' a household name.

Hey, I agree....but there are two things working against this happening.

So basically, he doesn't want to use an outlet, and isn't very good when he tries.
Agree with all of that except one thing, and I'm no fan of Drew's when I say this: For some reason when Larry Centers was here, Drew almost always seemed to find him and dump off for the little 5-yarders out of the backfield, and consequently Centers had a HUGE year.

When Centers was gone the next year, Drew just never looked for anyone else and I don't know why. There were countless times when I saw guys in the flat waving to him 'cause they were open and he would chuck it downfield trying to make the big play.

mybills
08-14-2005, 11:34 AM
I can't tell you how many Dallas fans I've seen at my son's football practice. I couldn't count them all. But it was the sole reason for my showing up with a Bills jersey on so I could point and laugh at them! :evil:

mybills
08-14-2005, 11:36 AM
Drew just never looked for anyone else and I don't know why.
He couldn't find the time for lasic surgery?

bledslow
08-14-2005, 12:04 PM
ben coates made drew. not the other way around

Sportsuser101
08-14-2005, 12:48 PM
Its the 1st game of preseason but I was able to watch the entire time that Bledsoe was in the game thanks to NFL Network alternate channel and Bledsoe looked awful. He was almost worse then when he was a Bill. He held onto the ball way too long and just wasn't accurate at all. If Bledsoe had kept his mouth shut in the offseason I would have actually felt for the guy. Good for you Drew.

Michael82
08-14-2005, 12:56 PM
Its the 1st game of preseason but I was able to watch the entire time that Bledsoe was in the game thanks to NFL Network alternate channel and Bledsoe looked awful. He was almost worse then when he was a Bill. He held onto the ball way too long and just wasn't accurate at all. If Bledsoe had kept his mouth shut in the offseason I would have actually felt for the guy. Good for you Drew.
:rofl:

That's nice to hear. I was a big Drew fan, but he pissed me off in the offseason too. I hope that he struggles with the Cowboys and better yet, I hope the ****ing Cowboys have a losing record. :snicker:

STAMPY
08-14-2005, 01:17 PM
he only threw 8 passes. Judge him when he plays longer

Michael82
08-14-2005, 01:37 PM
he only threw 8 passes. Judge him when he plays longer
8 passes and 2 sacks and a fumble? :rofl:

MikeInRoch
08-14-2005, 10:34 PM
Dallas morning news:

The QB files: We'll take this one quarterback at a time. And we'll start with Drew Bledsoe, who was upstaged by another 2005 off-season free agent by the name of Kurt Warner. In four series, Bledsoe led the first-team offense to one first down. The only saving grace was Mat McBriar's mighty leg, which produced the tightest spirals of the night.

Let's go over the Bledsoe highlight reel: Pass to tight end Jason Witten for 15 yards. OK, that's all I've got for you.

Bledsoe was sacked by Arizona defensive ends Bertrand Berry and Chike Okeafor. Some of you may recall that the Cowboys decided to pursue Marcellus Wiley rather than Berry in the 2004 free-agent period. Anyone know how that worked out?

Mr. Cynical
08-15-2005, 12:02 AM
Judge him when he plays longer
12 years isn't long enough to judge him?

Mr. Cynical
08-15-2005, 12:05 AM
I'm going to go out on a limb here and say Drew Bledsoe will not start this season. NO way is Jones going to sit back and watch the Leadfooted One destroy what little chance his offense has. He'll be #2 by the time the season starts. JMO.

SeatownBillsFan21
08-15-2005, 12:10 AM
Yo J.P. also coughed up the ball and lost it so now whats up?

Tinboy
08-15-2005, 01:13 AM
It's quite clear that Jones will have to take a bulk load on Offense this year. Poor Cowboys I feel sorry for them... NOT

Drive 4 Five
08-15-2005, 01:46 AM

:shakeno: :dream:

Are you kidding me? Have you watched this guy play lately? I mean really watched him play? All fantasies aside, he'll be in the booth sooner than you think.

Don't worry...once they get an all pro oline, all pro WRs and all pro RBs Drew will prove everyone wrong.

:spit:

:popcorn:

The_Philster
08-15-2005, 04:59 AM
I'm going to go out on a limb here and say Drew Bledsoe will not start this season. NO way is Jones going to sit back and watch the Leadfooted One destroy what little chance his offense has. He'll be #2 by the time the season starts. JMO.Their #2, Tony Romo, has 6 game appearances and no passes attempted..he better show a lot in preseason if he hopes to unseat Drew..Parcells likely still has faith in Bledsoe after their history together

jmb1099
08-15-2005, 07:41 AM
Yo J.P. also coughed up the ball and lost it so now whats up?
Bledsoe has had 12 years to get it right, Jp is just starting out. Also, JP put together a couple of nice drives, Bledsoe didn't even manage to string together a couple of nice passes. Jp scrambled for 17 yards, Bledsoe had negative yardage. Jp passed for a touchdown, Bledsoe watched Warner pass for a touchdwn. Shall I continue or do you get the point?

Michael82
08-15-2005, 08:44 AM
Bledsoe has had 12 years to get it right, Jp is just starting out. Also, JP put together a couple of nice drives, Bledsoe didn't even manage to string together a couple of nice passes. Jp scrambled for 17 yards, Bledsoe had negative yardage. Jp passed for a touchdown, Bledsoe watched Warner pass for a touchdwn. Shall I continue or do you get the point?
:rofl:

justasportsfan
08-15-2005, 08:54 AM
Yo J.P. also coughed up the ball and lost it so now whats up?that was all planned so that the D could practice their goaline D and then went on to practice making the fg kicker miss his attempt. The plan worked perfectly :D

mysticsoto
08-15-2005, 09:18 AM
I just wanna know...where is Philosophical Troll? Talked so much crapped before the season, but now that football has started, he has returned back under the rocks to hide from all the bull***** he used to talk about. Now that the truth will come out about Dallas, he is nowhere to be found. Typical homer fan - can't see reality until it smacks them in the face!

justasportsfan
08-15-2005, 09:24 AM
I just wanna know...where is Philosophical Troll? Talked so much crapped before the season, but now that football has started, he has returned back under the rocks to hide from all the bull***** he used to talk about. Now that the truth will come out about Dallas, he is nowhere to be found. Typical homer fan - can't see reality until it smacks them in the face!
Even feelthepain is missing :snicker:

mysticsoto
08-15-2005, 09:33 AM
Even feelthepain is missing :snicker:
That's too bad. I wanted to talk to him about Miami's piss poor performance against the Jags. Maybe he still thinks they are going to be good this year since Saban is the Messiah!

ebill00
08-15-2005, 05:21 PM
Thanks guys. This is the first thread I ever started and I appreciate the response. Go BILLS

Mr. Cynical
08-16-2005, 12:42 AM
Their #2, Tony Romo, has 6 game appearances and no passes attempted..he better show a lot in preseason if he hopes to unseat Drew..Parcells likely still has faith in Bledsoe after their history together
Very true...although we've seen what Jones can do when frustrated with QBs (Henson/Testaverde debaucle from last year) I don't know that Jones won't put major pressure on Tuna to make a change if Drew is s***ting the bed as usual. Also Tuna has proven he doesn't have alot of patience for crappy play, no matter who the player is.

What I found interesting is what was happening on the other side of the field:

"But Warner fired up a unit that was 27th last year behind quarterbacks Josh McCown (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?statsId=5967), Shaun King and John Navarre (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?statsId=6961). He completed 14 of 19 passes for 151 yards and a 31-yard touchdown strike to Larry Fitzgerald (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?statsId=6762), leading the Cardinals to a 10-0 lead before leaving the game after a punt with 6:17 left in the second quarter."

Anyone who still thinks Bledsoe = Warner isn't watching the games.