PDA

View Full Version : Tasker SUCKS

Italian Stallion
08-14-2005, 10:15 AM
That telecast last night made me wanna vomit. Steve Tasker has to be one of the worst play-by-play men I have ever heard in my life. He seems ok on CBS when he's with Criqui, but come on man!!! Here some of his lowlights from last night....

-Saying the field goal by the colts was good, even though it clearly wasn't. Marv killed him by saying "yeah I think for the FG to be good it has to go through the posts steve!"

-Called Shaud Williams "ReShard Williams" more than one time.

-Studdering whenever there was a turnover in process "and..uhh...he...it's fumbled...and...uh....the Bills have it i think!" <-----BOOTY!!

-Studdering in and out of commerical breaks "welcome ba...welcome back to the BTN, in Ind...Indy"

-The best was when he was talking about Hunter and Jim Kelly. He was studdering about how sad it was for the whole Buffalo Bills family, then uttered this STUPID SENTANCE "Both Marv and I, and the both of us give the Kellys our thoughts and prayers." HUH????? Why does he do these games??

:poop: :poop: :poop:

He needs to be fired. A screw up or studder ever once in a while happens to everyone, but not every other sentance. Anyone else notice this? Next game he does, on goes Murph and the Pill.

Tatonka
08-14-2005, 10:40 AM
i think we should just kill him!

:snicker:

justasportsfan
08-14-2005, 10:43 AM
he did admit that from where they were sitting it was hard to see that fg. I think Marv was worse than Tasker. I love Marv but I'm gald we didn't take him back to be our HC.

chubluv
08-14-2005, 10:54 AM
On the radio John Murphy said that FG attempt was good. Then said it was wide right.

Dozerdog
08-14-2005, 11:00 AM
The Colts broadcast team, which was "cut in" on by the NFL's wrap around the league coverage- even put the 3 points on their scoreboard. I think a stadium scoreboard operator must have put it up as good or something to have everyone screw that up.

Michael82
08-14-2005, 11:00 AM
On the radio John Murphy said that FG attempt was good. Then said it was wide right.
:wtf:

How could ANYONE have said that fieldgoal was good? You could tell it was going to be wide from when he first kicked it.

Michael82
08-14-2005, 11:02 AM
Even though the announcing crew sucked, I did enjoy one line from Steve Tasker when Marv Levy told him that He should don a striped shirt and become an official...

Tasker: "I'll never turn to the dark side."

:roflmao:

justasportsfan
08-14-2005, 11:03 AM
:wtf:

How could ANYONE have said that fieldgoal was good? You could tell it was going to be wide from when he first kicked it.read the entire thread Mikey.

Michael82
08-14-2005, 11:21 AM
The Colts broadcast team, which was "cut in" on by the NFL's wrap around the league coverage- even put the 3 points on their scoreboard. I think a stadium scoreboard operator must have put it up as good or something to have everyone screw that up.
Oh, that explains it. Thanks Dozer. :up:

Historian
08-14-2005, 11:24 AM
Tasker isn't the best play by play or color man...that's why he's on the third or fourth team with CBS.

He does a great job on AM Buffalo though!

:D

Michael82
08-14-2005, 11:27 AM
Tasker isn't the best play by play or color man...that's why he's on the third or fourth team with CBS.

He does a great job on AM Buffalo though!

:D
yeah he does. And didn't you love his one-liner? :snicker:

Historian
08-14-2005, 11:53 AM
And didn't you love his one-liner? :snicker:

Yea, because it was so "off the cuff" it was really funny.

Michael82
08-14-2005, 12:15 PM
Yea, because it was so "off the cuff" it was really funny.
exactly. I chuckled when I heard it. :lol:

StillLurkin
08-14-2005, 12:23 PM
on all away games when i'm home watching i mute the tv, and turn up murph and avp!

The_Philster
08-14-2005, 01:55 PM
The Colts broadcast team, which was &quot;cut in&quot; on by the NFL's wrap around the league coverage- even put the 3 points on their scoreboard. I think a stadium scoreboard operator must have put it up as good or something to have everyone screw that up.I wouldn't expect too much...the scoreboard operator thought we were the Broncos :lol:

Michael82
08-14-2005, 02:15 PM
I wouldn't expect too much...the scoreboard operator thought we were the Broncos :lol:
That's right. I forgot about that. :rofl:

CanaanVtBills
08-14-2005, 02:19 PM
on all away games when i'm home watching i mute the tv, and turn up murph and avp!
Here Here

I use to do the same thing, Now I'm forced to listen to AVP and Murph due to my remote location and I wouldn't change it for anything.
Yes I miss Van the Man, but for the guy who ripped Steve Tasker a new hole, didn't van studder LOL

That Guy
08-14-2005, 02:20 PM
...but during the regular season, Don Criqui makes Tasker look like a great announcer.

Marvelous
08-14-2005, 02:31 PM
LOved him when he played but HATE him in the booth. Hell i even hated him when he was on Simoncast. He is very arrogant & it gets annoying....
Put AVP in there......

Meathead
08-14-2005, 07:19 PM
I always listen to the radio instead of the game, but since I rewatch most of the games I get to hear the announcers as well.

Personally I like listening to Steve and Marv, but Steve shouldn't be doing play by play. It was pretty rough at times. I like him much better as a color guy and when he switched into that mode he did a lot better last night.

Typ0
08-14-2005, 07:44 PM
I actually thought Tasker had improved...and I liked the way he handled it when Marv screwed up.

MarvLevy
08-14-2005, 08:18 PM
I cant stand him either. For a former Bill, he sure does dog the Bills on CBS. He criticizes the Bills like crazy and he always gets info wrong too. I hate when he does our games. I was never a big fan of his anywayz.

Devin
08-14-2005, 10:26 PM
Tasker was a cool enough player for the Bills to be a ****ty announcer.

SeatownBillsFan21
08-15-2005, 12:21 AM
i like tasker so pipedown suckers

The_Philster
08-15-2005, 04:53 AM
Tasker's a great guy but announcers hit a plateau after a while and sometimes they go downhill...Madden's been downhill for decades, it seems..Tasker's appeared to be on that downhill slope recently as well, I'm afraid. He started out his broadcast career looking pretty promising

Crisis
08-15-2005, 11:32 AM
I thought Levy was pretty good.

Tasker flat-out sucked. He couldn't get player names right at all.

mysticsoto
08-15-2005, 12:20 PM
Wow, you guys sure are tough on Tasker. I didn't think he was that bad...but maybe I pay more attention the the game than on what the announcer is saying.

That being said, I have to admit that I find myself missing Van Miller more and more.