X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Michael82
    • Jul 2002

Preseason Game 1 Observations: Bills @ Colts

Ahhh...boy is it good to have football back and be able to watch the Bills, isn’t it? I won’t rub it in too much since I know many Bills fans here aren’t local and couldn’t see the Bills preseason game.

To start, there were positives and infuriating negatives in this game. In general, I pay little attention to a preseason score or even a win. I prefer to look at the plays and talk about what was done well and what needs work. I don’t intend on listing play by play details as you will no doubt be able to read those elsewhere. Instead, I’ll list my observations of the game and hope to give you enough details to show you where some players stand....

• Michael82
    • Jul 2002

Re: Preseason Game 1 Observations: Bills @ Colts

Great article, man! I hope to see many more from you.

Comment

• mysticsoto
      Too sober for this...
      • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Mikey82
      Great article, man! I hope to see many more from you.
      Thanks. Hopefully those that weren't able to watch the game will get something out of it. Overall, I thought it was a great game and love the trust level I now feel whenever the D comes out!

I can't wait til the real season starts!!!

Comment

• Michael82
        • Jul 2002

Anyone else read it? If so, please post your comments or feedback for mysticsoto.

Comment

• The_Philster
          • Jul 2002

Nice read
          The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• ublinkwescore
            Sab and TD are insignificant
            • Sep 2002

It was a little long though for those of us with ADD - took me like a 1/2 hour to read it.
            www.gamersconspiracy.com - where gamers conspire

Comment

• mysticsoto
              Too sober for this...
              • Apr 2004

Originally posted by ublinkwescore
              It was a little long though for those of us with ADD - took me like a 1/2 hour to read it.
              The last time I posted observations on what I saw in TC, people told me it was too short. I guess I'll have to find a happy medium...

Comment

• TigerJ
                • Jul 2002

I saw most of the game. I thought the article is right on and not too long. Not averyone here has ADD. Except for some dumb penalties, I thought the team was way ahead of where I usually expect to see it in the first preseason game. The refs too were in midseason form, making several bad calls including at least one phantom offsides call on a kickoff.
                I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• jmb1099
                  • Sep 2004

Good report!
                  Thanks for taking the time

Comment

• Dozerdog
                    In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by mysticsoto
                    The last time I posted observations on what I saw in TC, people told me it was too short. I guess I'll have to find a happy medium...
                    Don't listen to Ublink- With his adult attention def.......

HEY LETS GO RIDE A BIKE!!!!

Comment

• mysticsoto
                      Too sober for this...
                      • Apr 2004

Thanks guys. I suppose people who saw the game don't care to spend that much time reading about it. But I mostly had people who may not have seen the game in mind. There the ones who I think appreciate it the most...

In any case, maybe I'll try and cut some a little next time. I was up until 2 AM writing that and I only got through the Offense. I was too hyper from watching our defense and couldn't sleep. Then I slept for 6 hours and woke up hyper and finished the defense and special teams sections.

I'll probably focus more on players next time instead of doing units. And I'll skip the veterans unless there's something spectacular that needs to be mentioned...

Comment

• vicmantak
                        • Jun 2005

Thanks mysticsoto! It's a great article!
                        I can only tell you that people like you make this message board way interesting.

On the other hand, what's your opinion about Teague and the impact of Mike Williams' abscence in this pre-season game?

"Defeat is simply a signal to press onward"
                        - Helen Keller

"What we call failure is not the falling down, but the staying down"

- Mary Pickford

Comment

• The last buffalo fan
                          I told the pet store guy "How else am I supposed to get the mouse out of my ass?"
                          • Sep 2004

Originally posted by mysticsoto
                          Are you kidding me?? Give us more, damn it I wish I could have an article to read, for at least an hour of good read like this of my beloved bills. Good work mysticsoto THANK YOU!!!
                          The Mexican & too!!

- Adriano & Emiliano, the next Villa & Zapata. Viva Mexico, cabrones!!! -

Comment

• mysticsoto
                            Too sober for this...
                            • Apr 2004

Originally posted by vicmantak
                            Thanks mysticsoto! It's a great article!
                            I can only tell you that people like you make this message board way interesting.

On the other hand, what's your opinion about Teague and the impact of Mike Williams' abscence in this pre-season game?
                            Well, I think that when you don't have to mention the O-line too much, it's a good reflection on them. I think the only complaint against them were the penalties for false start, holding and the stupid face mask penalty that Bennie Anderson had. But in terms of blocking, they did their job satisfactorily.

Also, I couldn't help but notice that alot of runs seem to be up the middle or toward their left side. I think Mularkey wanted to experiment and see how strong the left side is. After all, we know what the right side can do with Mike Williams.

Comment

• mysticsoto
                              Too sober for this...
                              • Apr 2004

Originally posted by The last buffalo fan
                              Are you kidding me?? Give us more, damn it I wish I could have an article to read, for at least an hour of good read like this of my beloved bills. Good work mysticsoto THANK YOU!!!
                              Thanks buddy. It's good to know all the time I put into creating that long article is appreciated...

Comment

Working...
                              X