X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LtBillsFan66
    • Jul 2002

JR - "I wouldn't count on coming back"

"Based on my production and my role in this offense, I wouldn't count on coming back," he said. After catching a career-high 53 passes for 590 yards and three touchdowns in 2001, Riemersma finished this season with 32 receptions for 350 yards and no scores even though he played in every game and started 15.

Though Riemersma didn't criticize team president Tom Donahoe directly, the 29-year-old in his seventh season in Buffalo clearly was upset with what he thought was some misinformation about him.

"You heard a lot about me not being willing to help out on the salary cap. I was willing to give back two million (dollars). That wasn't enough in their eyes. Everyone put out that Jay's agent (Jack Wirth) wouldn't talk with the Bills, but they were not willing to negotiate long term."

• shelby
    The Vanilla *****
    • Jul 2002

i noticed in another thread that some zoners heard he offered to take a pay cut, and other zoners never heard about it. i seem to remember the story being posted on the Zone.

i feel badly for Riems, but i believe that Moore can get the job done.

Comment

• LtBillsFan66
      • Jul 2002

Oh I didn't see that thread...

Riemersma is scheduled to be the third-highest paid player on the team in 2003. With a base salary of $3.5 million and a salary cap figure of $4.8 million, only Eric Moulds and Drew Bledsoe will count more against the cap than Riemersma.

By cutting Riemersma, the Bills would eat the $1.3 million portion of his bonus he is still owed, but they would save his $3.5 million in base salary.

Last edited by LtBillsFan66; 12-31-2002, 04:11 PM.

Comment

• Earthquake Enyart
        Legendary Zoner
        • Jul 2002

Thanks butthead for another bad deal.

Comment

• 4thAndLong
          I'm Really 4 and Short
          • Sep 2002

:church: jay!!

Comment

• RedEyE
            • Jul 2002

I have mixed feelings myself. I like JR at times, but he had opportunities this season and blew them. Several times this season the ball just bounced off of Jay's hands. His hands are like bricks. I would like to see him stay in Buffalo, but he just isn't worth the money.

Comment

• colin
              Drew's my hero!
              • Jul 2002

JR is not very good

Comment

• Cntrygal
                Visually stunning but camera-shy.
                • Jul 2002

I've heard that he may retire...
                Originally posted by notacon
                The biggest thing we learned from the Bills is that they are a resilient bunch and did what they had to do to win instead of past years where they fold like a cheap lawn chair.

For news, articles and other "stuff"... BillsZone.com

Comment

• 4thAndLong
                  I'm Really 4 and Short
                  • Sep 2002

I think he'll sign with Chicago, they were interested in him last year.

Comment

• BillsNYC
                    Man of the People
                    • Jul 2002

i bet he ends up n new england....they haven' had a dominant TE since coates..
                    Thank you.

Comment

Working...
                    X