PDA

View Full Version : Cuts....

FlyingDutchman
08-15-2005, 04:44 PM
Does anyone know when the first round of cuts are made, second round etc...and when the final roster has to be made. I really think Wire is gone, along with Burns and maybe even Josh Reed (although Roscoes injurty might have just saved his job). Defensive cuts are going to be hard.

Second part to the qustion (a little of topic), how much playin time will the first teamers get this weekend? Will JP play as much? Any insight...anyone..anyone.

Dantheman1280
08-15-2005, 04:56 PM
Wire and Burns will make it because they are monsters on ST. Reed would have made it even if Roscoe was not hurt, his stock may be falling but he is still better than smith. Smith is the person I see getting cut, I think Wilson will win that last Wr spot.

The_Philster
08-15-2005, 05:24 PM
According to the NFL Bible
August 30 4pm..cutdown to 65 players
Sept 4...4pm...cutdown to 53

Wire and Burns will make it because they are monsters on ST. Reed would have made it even if Roscoe was not hurt, his stock may be falling but he is still better than smith. Smith is the person I see getting cut, I think Wilson will win that last Wr spot.Smith's excellence on special teams could be the key to keeping him over Reed...unless he slumps this preseason, I don't see why they would cut a home run threat on specal teams who can play WR for a guy who couldn't catch a cold at WR

The_Philster
08-15-2005, 05:25 PM
Right now
I'm looking at
Moulds
Evans
Parrish
Aiken
Smith
Wilson
at WR

Crisis
08-15-2005, 05:27 PM
Wilson won't make the team over Reed.

Reed is still a 2nd round pick from TD, his ego will be too big to cut him.

The last buffalo fan
08-15-2005, 05:41 PM
Does anyone know when the first round of cuts are made, second round etc...and when the final roster has to be made. I really think Wire is gone, along with Burns and maybe even Josh Reed (although Roscoes injurty might have just saved his job). Defensive cuts are going to be hard.

Second part to the qustion (a little of topic), how much playin time will the first teamers get this weekend? Will JP play as much? Any insight...anyone..anyone.
From http://www.buffalobills.com/team/camp.jsp

July 29 -- Players report to Bills training camp.

August 30 -- Roster cutdown to maximum of 65 players.

September 3 -- Roster cutdown to maximum of 53 players.

Wire and Reed will stay, because were drafted by TD, and yes the cuts at the Defense will be a dog's fight. I think that except for JP, the rest of the first team is playing one qt only, so the games could be a little bit more exciting, because the quality and the players skills that we have in our team, the roster spots that are up for grabs, plus the people trying to make the team. God, I wish I could have that frigging NFL Network!!! GO BILLS!!!

Jan Reimers
08-15-2005, 06:13 PM
I think the D is ready, so the backups will get a lot of PT in order for the coaching staff to determine which of the depth guys will stick.

Conversely, JP and the rest of the O still need a lot of work to be ready for opening day. They should play quite a bit.