• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The_Philster
    • Jul 2002

update from Mikey

Willis isn't practicing tonight...that's all he said
    The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!
  • The_Philster
    • Jul 2002

Re: update from Mikey

Mikey just texted me..speculating that maybe Mularkey held him out as a precaution after Saturday night
    my speculation..partly that, partly trying to get the other backs some more reps with the first unit..to see how Williams and Gates do in case Willis DOES go down
    The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• juice
      • Aug 2003

Illis may be broken.. they should play him for a series at the most for the rest of the preseason, let these young guys hash it out for the backup role.

We already know what WM can do and it's not worth him getting dinged up going into the Texans game.

If Willis is injured at the beginning of the season, then JPLs' early development will be hampered and the season will go south in a hurry.

WM with a knee bruise going into week 1 equates to another season void of the postseason.. the Bills worst nightmare.

"Hey, I was always aggressive. I always had lots of energy, thats why my teammates on the Bills started calling me Juice" PLAYBOY Dec.'76

Comment

• im4bflo
        the EPITOMY of PATHETIC
        • Sep 2003

Originally posted by The_Philster
        Mikey just texted me..speculating that maybe Mularkey held him out as a precaution after Saturday night
        my speculation..partly that, partly trying to get the other backs some more reps with the first unit..to see how Williams and Gates do in case Willis DOES go down
        I agree, we know Willis is the man, they're just trying to find his backup, and after getting knicked Sat., just keep him out as a precaution.

Comment

• Tatonka
          • Jul 2002

was he there at all? was he just not practicing, or no where to be found?
          "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• dannyek71
            Drink Responsibly
            • Dec 2004

Willis was there, but he didnt get any reps in at RB. He just stayed on one knee behind the offense. Shaud got his carries.

1) Nice meeting you Mikey at camp
            2) Having a pass so one can park right at fisher and have people cart you everywhere rocks!
            [

Comment

• Michael82
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by dannyek71
              Willis was there, but he didnt get any reps in at RB. He just stayed on one knee behind the offense. Shaud got his carries.

1) Nice meeting you Mikey at camp
              2) Having a pass so one can park right at fisher and have people cart you everywhere rocks!
              You had a VIP pass and you didn't share?

Comment

• Michael82
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Tatonka
                was he there at all? was he just not practicing, or no where to be found?
                Willis was there and was in uniform, sitting on the sidelines, watching. I did notice that he had a tiny limp when he strolled over to the fence before practice to sign autographs. But I've seen him limp worse than that before.

Comment

• chubluv
                  BillsZone bowling team MVP
                  • Jan 2003

Rest rest rest rest rest rest rest & save him for the regular season. We cant afford to have anything bad happen to him!!!

We are in 5th place
                  Clump is on the IR
                  Chubluv average is 167
                  Yaz average is 179[/B]

BDZ
                  Become a member of BDZ !!!!

Comment

• eee1776
                    • Jul 2005

I just finished listening to Mike Mularkey's post practice interview on Bills .com and he was asked why he held Willis out of practice. Af first he said he was just resting him and when he was pressed further he admitted that he did have a tweek in his leg, he didn'tay knee he said leg. I also got from the interview reading beween the lines that maybe Josh Reeds days might be numbered. Coach had some nice things to say about Drew Haddad. I wonder what anyone elses take was on the press conference?

Comment

• Tatonka
                      • Jul 2002

i will listen and let you know.
                      "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• Philagape
                        WIN NOW
                        • Jul 2002

This may have been mentioned elsewhere, but I want to emphasize that it's NOT the knee he tore up in college
                        "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
                        2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• Marvelous
                          • Feb 2004

Originally posted by Tatonka
                          i will listen and let you know.
                          me too...
                          GO BILLS!!! NE
                          Magical Trevor

Comment

• Tatonka
                            • Jul 2002

i think he is definately in "coach" mode.. he wont say **** about nothing..

i think willis may have bruised it pretty good.. but i dont think it is anything to worry about.. i am pretty sure if it was, he wouldnt be talking about if he will practice tomorrow or not..

you could tell the difference when asked about the parrish injury.. even though it was annoying that he was acting stupid... "i am not sure.. it is an injury in the wrist area.. but i am not a doctor"... no crap.. thanks Coach Obvious.. but dont insult me and say you have no clue when i guarentee you know about every stitch and every shot that was put in him... but anyways. there was an obvious difference when asked about rosco..

i think willis is dinged up and bruised, but fine.

Comment

• FlyingDutchman
                              • Apr 2005

If anything happens to Willis before the season I will throw up, they better not push him too hard....

Comment

Working...
                              X