Maybe Paul Hamilton does have a point...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Michael82
    • Jul 2002

Maybe Paul Hamilton does have a point...

The biggest loss could be Willis McGahee. He left after 16 yards on four carries limping. He went to the lockerroom to stay after coming BACK into the game for one more carry. WHAT IN THE HELL WAS MIKE MULARKEY THINKING? That's Gregg Williams type coaching. Your meal ticket limps off the field in a preseason game and you put him back in for another carry? Even if McGahee wasn't hurt badly, that's just dumb coaching. I think overall Mularkey is a good coach, but a mistake like that can get you and your General Manager fired.
  • ArcticWildMan

Re: It appears that Paul Hamilton was right....

He's a running back for cripes sake. He's gonna get bumps and bruises.

Besides, even starting RB's need some playing time to get their timing and game legs before the season starts.

Dumbass reporters with nothing better to do than play Monday morning QB. .

Comment

• Dozerdog
      In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
      • Jul 2002

Re: I totally agree with Paul Hamilton...

Was that supposed to be a game report or a post here?

Geesh- theyt give this guy a press pass?

Comment

• BAM
        • Sep 2003

I think if Willis were truly hurt, there would be no way in hell he'd be put back out there. Media hype is all this is.

Comment

• Michael82
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Dozerdog
          Was that supposed to be a game report or a post here?

Geesh- theyt give this guy a press pass?

Comment

• BAM
            • Sep 2003

Don't totally agree with him anymore, Mikey?

Comment

• ArcticWildMan

Originally posted by BAM
              Don't totally agree with him anymore, Mikey?

Comment

• kardshark19
                I will splash the pot whenever the hell I want!
                • Aug 2002

Re: Maybe Paul Hamilton does have a point...

i think they put him in for another play just so the media doesn't go ape-**** with rumors about mcgahee being hurt and the bills season being doomed. we don't need all that crap going around.
                If you don't like your job, you don't strike; you just go in every day and do it really half assed. That's the American way. - Homer Simpson

"In the poker game of life, women are the rake. They are the f**kin' rake."

Comment

• Fairway
                  • Jul 2002

I hate gr55. They have an axe to grind with the Bills becaue the Bills do not give them the access they want. They did a show last week harping for 2 hours because TD stuck his head in the huddle for 1 PLAY during practice. They said that would intimidate JP becaue his boss was checking up on him

All that being said........................I would not have put Willis back in after he limped off.

Comment

• camelcowboy
                    • Mar 2005

Im glad he went back for another play, i put my mind at ease. Besides if he was really hurt we wouldn't know till game day on the 12th. Bills don't give info anymore on injuries. Mularky is "not a doctor"

Comment

• Pride
                      • Jul 2002

I was pissed that JP started the 2nd half! With the 2nd team O?? That's dumb!

Should have left him out at halftime... he just finished the half with a great TD pass... let him keep that confidence... rather than have him come back in the 2nd half...

I was shocked to see him on the field in the 2nd half!

Comment

• Kelly The Dog
                        • Jul 2002

Actually, in that one play, McGahee looked pretty fast. It showed him and the team and me that he wasn't hurt. If either MM or WM thought he couldn't have run that play, he wouldn't have been in there and they certainly wouldn't have called a sweep.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                          Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                          • May 2003

Just like many of us, Paul Hamilton is clairvoyant and knows far more than the coaching staff.
                          Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• justasportsfan
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Pride
                            I was pissed that JP started the 2nd half! With the 2nd team O?? That's dumb!

Should have left him out at halftime... he just finished the half with a great TD pass... let him keep that confidence... rather than have him come back in the 2nd half...

I was shocked to see him on the field in the 2nd half!
                            I think he should be in there. He needs all the snaps he can take. He's not even close to where he should be and that was evident in last nights camp. Right now I feel that Holcomb is the better qb but if JP can get more experience, he'll eventually be better. I'd rather he learns in preseason than in regualr games.
                            sacrifice1
                            https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Bulldog
                              Top Dog
                              • Jan 2003

Originally posted by Fairway
                              I hate gr55. They have an axe to grind with the Bills becaue the Bills do not give them the access they want. They did a show last week harping for 2 hours because TD stuck his head in the huddle for 1 PLAY during practice. They said that would intimidate JP becaue his boss was checking up on him

All that being said........................I would not have put Willis back in after he limped off.
                              Howard Simon was saying this morning that there's only 50 something days until the season starts. At first I had no idea what he was talking about. Then they started to talk about hockey. News flash to WGR : The Bills season starts before the Sabre's and right now I could give two S H I T S about hockey. Are there any other Buffalo sports stations that I can listen to in Rochester besides WGR?
                              I only drink when I'm alone or with others.

Comment

Working...
                              X