X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Marvelous
    • Feb 2004

For those that missed the game

I recorded mt first game on dvd and wanna share it. But i've never uploaded anything that i didn't download first.. I use Azereus but i think any bittorrent site could work... If someone walks me through it i'll share it. If it works i have no prob hooking up Bills fans in the future :)
    GO BILLS!!! NE
    Magical Trevor
  • BAM
    • Sep 2003

Re: For those that missed the game

How large is the file?

I have yet to get into recording & burning DVD's. I need to update my ass into this century I suppose.

Comment

• Marvelous
      • Feb 2004

2.97 gigs
      *All i've done so far is saved it to my hard drive..
      GO BILLS!!! NE
      Magical Trevor

Comment

• BAM
        • Sep 2003

Interesting. Well I wish I could help you, but I will definitely be checking back on this thread.

I would definitely be interested in catching future games if you make this a habit. I was pondering buying a DVD burner in the near future anyway...

Comment

• Marvelous
          • Feb 2004

Cool beans Bam. I'll have it figured out asap... and will have the whole pre-season .
          GO BILLS!!! NE
          Magical Trevor

Comment

• Tinboy
            • Aug 2004

Sound very intresting, I'll be watching this thread.

Comment

• madness
              • Apr 2003

I use The Pirate Bay. It's a good site and pretty easy to upload torrents. It's out of Sweden so they do a good job of staying 'untouchable'. For a good laugh...scroll down to the bottom and read the legal threats. Supposedly they have never removed a torrent from their site.

You can join for free which will help manage your files.

Comment

• JJamezz

Administrator Emeritus
                • Jul 2002

Bittorrent is definitely the way to go for something like that. There are new clients out that don't require you to use a third party site to host the torrent file, but it's probably not necessary.

You might want to look into compressing it down though - 3GB is a LOT of file to be sending around.. You could put it in divx or xvid, or windows media format and keep the quality pretty close to what it is now, and cut the file size in half (at least). DVD is in MPEG-2, which is years and years old, so it doesn't compress nearly as well as the newer formats. Of course, most DVD players won't play those files, so they'd be watching on their computers.

Comment

• The last buffalo fan
                  I told the pet store guy "How else am I supposed to get the mouse out of my ass?"
                  • Sep 2004

Originally posted by Darth Krumrie
                  I recorded mt first game on dvd and wanna share it. But i've never uploaded anything that i didn't download first.. I use Azereus but i think any bittorrent site could work... If someone walks me through it i'll share it. If it works i have no prob hooking up Bills fans in the future :)
                  That would be awesome for me, please, please find a way to do it. Oh boy, I could be all year long watching football, I only have some VHS on Kelly years, and a few out of Flutie and Johnson. Can't wait already!!
                  The Mexican & too!!

- Adriano & Emiliano, the next Villa & Zapata. Viva Mexico, cabrones!!! -

Comment

• Marvelous
                    • Feb 2004

Originally posted by JJamezz
                    Bittorrent is definitely the way to go for something like that. There are new clients out that don't require you to use a third party site to host the torrent file, but it's probably not necessary.

You might want to look into compressing it down though - 3GB is a LOT of file to be sending around.. You could put it in divx or xvid, or windows media format and keep the quality pretty close to what it is now, and cut the file size in half (at least). DVD is in MPEG-2, which is years and years old, so it doesn't compress nearly as well as the newer formats. Of course, most DVD players won't play those files, so they'd be watching on their computers.
                    I'm sold on compressing the files. Care to help me out? pm me...thanks :)
                    GO BILLS!!! NE
                    Magical Trevor

Comment

• northernbillfan
                      Hello, I'm Mike and I'm a Bills fan.

Administrator Emeritus
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by BAM
                      How large is the file?

I have yet to get into recording & burning DVD's. I need to update my ass into this century I suppose.
                      Originally posted by BAM
                      Interesting. Well I wish I could help you, but I will definitely be checking back on this thread.

I would definitely be interested in catching future games if you make this a habit. I was pondering buying a DVD burner in the near future anyway...
                      Get with the times. I've fried the laser on two DVD burners already, and the beauty is they were still under warrenty.

Originally posted by JJamezz
                      ...most DVD players won't play those files, so they'd be watching on their computers.
                      Unless they convert them to AVI them turn them into MPEG-1 files then transfer them to DVD. That's what I do with ALL video files.
                      When I die, please don't let my wife sell my camera equipment for what I told her I paid for it.

Comment

• mybills
                        81 st zoner
                        • Jul 2002

You could always burn a copy & mail it to me!
                        I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• SquishDaFish
                          Lets GO BUFFALO!!
                          • Jun 2005

I have the scrimmage and the 1st preseason game and will be doing the last ones also. I will burn them and mail to fellow bills fans for a small price. If interested email me back at ddpoohndave@yahoo.com

Comment

• BAM
                            • Sep 2003

Originally posted by northernbillfan
                            Get with the times. I've fried the laser on two DVD burners already, and the beauty is they were still under warrenty.
                            I've never really had the use for one untill lately when I have started messing around with making my own movies.

Other than that, I always either buy them or watch them on Demand. I'm not really into the whole downloading movies fad.

Maybe I'll ask for one for Xmas or something.

Comment

• mybills
                              81 st zoner
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by BillsIN05
                              I have the scrimmage and the 1st preseason game and will be doing the last ones also. I will burn them and mail to fellow bills fans for a small price. If interested email me back at ddpoohndave@yahoo.com
                              How much? Shipping & handling? Where in Mass are you, maybe I could just pick it up!
                              I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

Working...
                              X