PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone like Mularky's hard ass routine?

camelcowboy
08-16-2005, 12:28 AM
Is it just me or is Mularky a different coach then last year. Last year he seemed more like a quiet nice guy. Now from the interviews i have heard from him, and his new policies on injuries. It just seems like he borrowed Coach Cowher's hard ass persona. I must say, its a nice change of pace.

The Seahag
08-16-2005, 01:21 AM
Last year he seemed more like a quiet nice guy
You mean the nice guy who last year glued Travis to the bench and also fed JP to the wolves to teach him a hard lesson?
He's as nice a guy as he was last year and he's as tough a guy as he was last year. The two ain't mutually exclusive.
:yikes:

Nasty Mcgahee
08-16-2005, 02:09 AM
You mean the nice guy who last year glued Travis to the bench and also fed JP to the wolves to teach him a hard lesson?
He's as nice a guy as he was last year and he's as tough a guy as he was last year. The two ain't mutually exclusive.
:yikes:Dont forget about the Sam Adams fine

Historian
08-16-2005, 06:00 AM
He's been pretty consistent IMO.

He was a player, and understand what it takes. The players respect that.

Turf
08-16-2005, 06:06 AM
I think he smiled an aweful lot on the sidelines in the first preseason game, and I was thinking just the opposite, especially after 17 penalties.

Jan Reimers
08-16-2005, 06:49 AM
Some players need their butt kicked, others need a little love. Mularkey knows the difference.

colin
08-16-2005, 08:00 AM
he is hard without being an a hole, some coaches are a holes but not hard. he tries to be pleasent whenever he can.

being professional is being tactful all the time, you might have to drop the hammer on someone, but being a jerk is what weak men do who don't know how to manage.

drill sargent antics only work on people who go to jail if they are late for work, they are going to obey anyway.

even billicheck learned not to be a jerk off, he has done better since

casdhf
08-16-2005, 08:32 AM
Bill Cowher has the longest current tenure with a team, he's doing something right.

mybills
08-16-2005, 01:52 PM
I can't look at Cowher's face.

Earthquake Enyart
08-16-2005, 02:09 PM
At least MM has the persona to pull it off.

The players had to laugh their asses off at mealy mouthed GW and his quivering man boobs when he tried to act all tough.

ublinkwescore
08-16-2005, 02:41 PM
What did Sam Adams get fined for?

Turf
08-16-2005, 07:55 PM
What did Sam Adams get fined for?

When he wouldn't come out of a game last year and had a blow up with Grey or one of the coaches on the sidelines.
Sam wanted to be more aggressive instead of doing what they wanted him to do. My gut tells me Sam was right.

justasportsfan
08-16-2005, 08:31 PM
good. Nothing comes out from being nice. BB is all business, Parcells way back when ,Jimmy Johnson and Billick as well. Nice guys, Levy and Herman. Hard coaches that got no where, Coughlin and Greghead.

wchutalkinboutwillis
08-16-2005, 08:47 PM
:yikes:
Was it a mistake to put Travis on the bench? Obviously not. How was JP fed to the wolves? When your team's up by 30 points in the 4th quarter, typical protocol is to put your 2nd stringer in. He learned a lot and didn't get hurt. Mission accomplished.
Mularkey has integrity. This year, he's simply the same guy with more experience.

The Seahag
08-16-2005, 09:24 PM
Was it a mistake to put Travis on the bench?

I never meant to imply it was a mistake. If there was any mistake made it was in not going to Willis as early as Week2. I was just sayng that a "nice guy" coach would not be as likely to keep a former ProBowl and reliable starting RB on the bench and let an injury take his job from him.

How was JP fed to the wolves?
In the primetime game in NE when the Patriot defense was performing a public vivisection on the Bills offense, Mularkey put JP on the field when he knew damned well he wasn't ready and probably wans't even completely healthy. It was a gutsy (and not so nice) move to send JP a message that his current preparation habits were inadequate if he really ever wanted to be a player in this league. And in retrospect it worked like a charm.

Mularkey has integrity. This year, he's simply the same guy with more experience.
I would never question Mularkey's integrity as I believe he has a ton of it. And my point was that he is the same guy this year as he was last year. Just as nice and just as tough.

wchutalkinboutwillis
08-16-2005, 09:34 PM
Was it a mistake to put Travis on the bench?

I never meant to imply it was a mistake. If there was any mistake made it was in not going to Willis as early as Week2. I was just sayng that a "nice guy" coach would not be as likely to keep a former ProBowl and reliable starting RB on the bench and let an injury take his job from him.

How was JP fed to the wolves?
In the primetime game in NE when the Patriot defense was performing a public vivisection on the Bills offense, Mularkey put JP on the field when he knew damned well he wasn't ready and probably wans't even completely healthy. It was a gutsy (and not so nice) move to send JP a message that his current preparation habits were inadequate if he really ever wanted to be a player in this league. And in retrospect it worked like a charm.

I would never question Mularkey's integrity as I believe he has a ton of it. And my point was that he is the same guy this year as he was last year. Just as nice and just as tough.Damn. And I thought you wanted to mix it up a little bit. :peace:

Konyeezie
08-16-2005, 11:10 PM
It's just you.