PDA

View Full Version : On This Date in Fishtory...

Historian
08-16-2005, 05:54 AM
1965- The Miami Franchise is born, as it is awarded to the partnership of attorney Joe Robbie, and television star Danny Thomas. A contest is held to name the team, and 'Fish' is chosen from a list that included, Tuna, Grouper, and Flounder.

LtFinFan66
08-16-2005, 06:12 AM
1965- The Miami Franchise is born, as it is awarded to the partnership of attorney Joe Robbie, and television star Danny Thomas. A contest is held to name the team, and 'Fish' is chosen from a list that included, Tuna, Grouper, and Flounder.And a rivalary was born!!

NJFINSFAN1
08-16-2005, 08:40 AM
The names voted on were, Mariners, Marauders, Mustangs, Missiles, Moons, Sharks & Suns along with more then a 1000 different names. Dolphins was the run away winner.

The winning name the Dolphins was announced Oct. 8 1965. And announced by Joe Robbie.

M359
08-16-2005, 11:57 AM
God bless the fins!

FlyingDutchman
08-16-2005, 03:12 PM
1965- The Miami Franchise is born, as it is awarded to the partnership of attorney Joe Robbie, and television star Danny Thomas. A contest is held to name the team, and 'Fish' is chosen from a list that included, Tuna, Grouper, and Flounder.
Those names are as intimidating as a French soldier....:nervous: ...Flounder..lol...

Mike13
08-16-2005, 04:07 PM
Those names are as intimidating as a French soldier....:nervous: ...Flounder..lol...Well nothing is as intimadating as a bunch of wild cattle, that were nearly killed off.

pleasesavedrew
08-16-2005, 04:21 PM
this is a bills forum

FlyingDutchman
08-16-2005, 04:21 PM
Well nothing is as intimading as a bunce of wild cattle, that were nearly killed off.
Same with the Eagles....whats your point....

Mike13
08-16-2005, 04:39 PM
Same with the Eagles....whats your point....
My point is dont be a hypocrite when Buffalo are no more intimadating then Dolphins.

Crisis
08-16-2005, 04:40 PM
My point is dont be a hypocrite when Buffalo are no more intimadating then Dolphins. Buffalo is our city. Not the team name.

I think paying Bills is alot more threatening then the gayest mammals.

Samphin1
08-16-2005, 04:52 PM
Buffalo is our city. Not the team name.

I think paying Bills is alot more threatening then the gayest mammals.

:lol: I always wondered what the hell a "Bill" was. I find it funny that the franchise has a mascot of a Buffalo when in fact, the mascot isn't even a buffalo. I always found that to be very funny. It would be great if they changed the logo to some middle aged man stressing out over the heating bill at his desk while two kids are running around in the backgroundwith his wife giving him a stern look. That mascot would give other team's nightmares.

P.S. Dolphins aren't gay. Not that there is anything wrong with that. They could kick the crap out of a shark though...Stupid sharks.

FlyingDutchman
08-16-2005, 05:06 PM
My point is dont be a hypocrite when Buffalo are no more intimadating then Dolphins.

Buddy...read before you write. I never once mentioned the dolphins name. I said the names they were considering were panzy names......good try though....

FlyingDutchman
08-16-2005, 05:10 PM
p.s. -a stampeding buffalo with horns IS just a little more intimidating than a little fish swimming and playing in the water.....A buffalo, you get the hell out of its way, a dolphin, you go play with....

im4bflo
08-16-2005, 07:36 PM
BUFFALO BILL is a MAN, an ARMED man.
a dolphin swims in it's own urine and fecal matter.

texasphinsfan
08-16-2005, 08:36 PM
who cares if the name is intimidating? the name really doesn't mean anything.

You know what team i would be most afraid of right now if they were still around - the Houston Oilers..... damn those oilers, overcharging for gas and crap!

but seriously, the 49'ers are not hardly threatening, nor is a seahawk. a falcon is at least a predator, but hardly threatening. i have no idea what a "brown" is, but i am guessing its french for "orange helmet". Texans are not scary (maybe scary overweight), and cowboys are not threatening, just like to do cattle rustlin'..... a jet is not scary nor is a steeler (unless its a gay steelworker, then i'd want to stay away because he'd probably kick my @ss).

The point is not many teams in the NFL are threatening or scary. Some are just downright "cute". The dolphins may be one of those, but then again, so is a falcon or seahawk.

and i can't recall a time when the team name actually reflected on how good the team actually was. :D

Mike13
08-16-2005, 09:41 PM
p.s. -a stampeding buffalo with horns IS just a little more intimidating than a little fish swimming and playing in the water.....A buffalo, you get the hell out of its way, a dolphin, you go play with....
You like playing with Dolphins dony you sick son of a *****, BTW you are right about your previous post I should have thought about that more.