• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The King
    Without me it's just Awe so
    • Jun 2004

Hines Ward

Hines returned to the Steelers yesterday, after not recieving a re-worked deal. Anyone who knew the situation could see Wards bluff, the Steelers knew it as well. Where does this leave the Ward/Steelers relationship. Do you think Hines holds a grudge because he never got the re-worked deal the Steelers allegedly promised him? Ward is a top 5 reciever and probably the biggest role model/leader on the team.

Do you think the Steelers went about this the right way? After losing PLax do you think the Steelers and Roethlisberger could be successful without him?

Hines Ward is scheduled to make 1.66M this season the final year in his contract.
    I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
    "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
    You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
    It was all
    true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
    He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
    mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

• Tatonka
    • Jul 2002

Re: Hines Ward

hines has stated over and over and over again that he wants to stay with the steelers and that he wouldnt feel right in any other uniform.. he said they will get it worked out.. and i am sure they will..
    "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• The King
      Without me it's just Awe so
      • Jun 2004

I heard Lawyer Milloy say that too.

Pittsburgh is waiting this out by the time Ward restructures he is 30. He isnt going to see his top 5 even 10 top money.
      I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
      "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
      You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
      It was all
      true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
      He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
      mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• dannyek71
        Drink Responsibly
        • Dec 2004

I predict he goes to ATL next season
        [

Comment

• Stewie
          Sarah Palin for President... of my pants!
          • Aug 2002

I predict he has a done deal by the end of this week.
          Originally posted by Topdog
          Damn , your're showing you're ignorance!
          Originally posted by mercyrule
          I love Weiner.
          Originally posted by mercyrule
          also cheese

Comment

• Crisis
            • Aug 2004

He'll get resigned.

The Steelers said they wouldn't negotiate if he held-out. Well he isn't anymore, so they're probably negotiating as we speak.

Hines Ward is a god in pitts. He's staying put.
            Originally posted by LOSman WINS
            Vanek is Austrian not European
            Originally posted by Prov401
            Pacquiao isn't asian. He's from the philippines
            Originally posted by better days
            I will not be surprised if Tebow has more success than Peyton in the NFL.

Comment

• thebuffalobills4
              • Aug 2004

Originally posted by paulB
              I predict he has a done deal by the end of this week.
              add me too.
              :oldskool:
              micheal phelps is a beast

Comment

• Tinboy
                • Aug 2004

I don't see Ward going any where, he has the support of his team mates and stays.

Comment

Working...
                X