X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • finsrclowns
    • Apr 2004

3rd receiver

I've known for 2 years that Josh Reed was a Mount Rushmore sized bust, but it seems the Bills want him off the field badly. The drafting of Roscoe Parrish in the 2nd round when it could be argued that OL or DL was a greater priority was the first indicator. But now with Parrish hurt Reed is being pushed for the 3rd receiver spot by Drew Haddad. Doesn't Haddad know Reed is a former Biletnikoff winner?

From Bills Daily:

Third Receiver Open: The coach told the media that the third receiver slot is wide open now that Roscoe Parrish is out at least into the season. The coach said the team needs to get better at that position to help third down conversions improve. Drew Haddad will be seeing his reps going up after a strong performance against the Colts. He has shown some worth as an inside slot receiver according to the coach. Josh Reed is also in the mix and will get his opportunity but it doesn't appear to be his job to lose.
    finsrclowns
  • The King
    Without me it's just Awe so
    • Jun 2004

Re: 3rd receiver

I just dont think Hadaad has the toughness to go over the middle on a regular basis. Josh Reed does have nice size for a slot guy. Even with a healthy Parrish I imagine Reed will still be inbetween the hash marks frequently. The Bills will give him this season to try to make something happen if not though you're right he will be up on Mount Suckmore right next to Erik Flowers and Cris Watson.
    I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
    "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
    You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
    It was all
    true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
    He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
    mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• Crisis
      • Aug 2004

Haddad is a 4th/5th receiver type at best IMO. Although I wouldn't mind being wrong about that.

It's good to have some local kids on the team though. I just don't see him as a #3.
      Originally posted by LOSman WINS
      Vanek is Austrian not European
      Originally posted by Prov401
      Pacquiao isn't asian. He's from the philippines
      Originally posted by better days
      I will not be surprised if Tebow has more success than Peyton in the NFL.

Comment

• Meathead
        Insufferable ***** and perpetual crybaby
        • Jul 2002

My prediction that a healthy Reed would rebound strongly looks like it's on life support right now.

He still has the best credentials of anybody left but that will mean nothing if he doesn't make a strong move right now. He's got to have some pretty spectacular games in the next two.
        One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Comment

• bigbub2352
          • Feb 2005

what about sam aiken or george wilson, drew haddad already proved he can not do anything in the pros hence cut by us and the colts, i agree he would be a solid num 5 receiver but sam and george have size and potential especially george wilson, very good hands and good special teamer, or maybe even watch the cuts and pick up a veteran
          XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY

Comment

• mysticsoto
            Too sober for this...
            • Apr 2004

Originally posted by bigbub2352
            what about sam aiken or george wilson, drew haddad already proved he can not do anything in the pros hence cut by us and the colts, i agree he would be a solid num 5 receiver but sam and george have size and potential especially george wilson, very good hands and good special teamer, or maybe even watch the cuts and pick up a veteran
            I love Wilson and hope we keep him...he is tough enough to play Special Teams (in on a 1st tackle of the returner in one play of the preseason), had good hands and has decent height/size (Evans-like). I don't know how fast he is, but he definitely has good hands and his toughness could add to his ability to play the slot if need be...

Comment

• bigbub2352
              • Feb 2005

he is bigger than evans but not as fast, also i think it helps he was in the nfl last year too not as raw ps for us last year
              XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY

Comment

• Crisis
                • Aug 2004

Originally posted by bigbub2352
                he is bigger than evans but not as fast, also i think it helps he was in the nfl last year too not as raw ps for us last year
                He's been in the NFL for like 3 years already. He was with the Colts for two years I believe.
                Originally posted by LOSman WINS
                Vanek is Austrian not European
                Originally posted by Prov401
                Pacquiao isn't asian. He's from the philippines
                Originally posted by better days
                I will not be surprised if Tebow has more success than Peyton in the NFL.

Comment

• Mike13
                  • Aug 2005

Originally posted by Meathead
                  My prediction that a healthy Reed would rebound strongly looks like it's on life support right now.

He still has the best credentials of anybody left but that will mean nothing if he doesn't make a strong move right now. He's got to have some pretty spectacular games in the next two.
                  Yeah he is proabaly going to be the 3rd wide out for you guys, assuming he can prove himself. Like you said credentials dont mean **** unless you don't make plays.

Comment

• pleasesavedrew
                    • Feb 2005

Why is everyone forgeting about Freddie Smith, i think this guy shoul definetly make the team. Great special teamer, he should be running back punts this season till roscoe plays.
                    Remember the past(11), embrace the future(7)

Comment

• pleasesavedrew
                      • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Crisis
                      He's been in the NFL for like 3 years already. He was with the Colts for two years I believe.
                      He was drafted by the 2000 Buffalo Bills, so hes been bouncing around for 5 seasons and this is his sixth season.
                      Remember the past(11), embrace the future(7)

Comment

• finsrclowns
                        • Apr 2004

Originally posted by MBBedard
                        I just dont think Hadaad has the toughness to go over the middle on a regular basis. Josh Reed does have nice size for a slot guy. Even with a healthy Parrish I imagine Reed will still be inbetween the hash marks frequently. The Bills will give him this season to try to make something happen if not though you're right he will be up on Mount Suckmore right next to Erik Flowers and Cris Watson.
                        Reed is short and slow. Parrish is even shorter but fast. Given the choice, the fast guy plays. Aiken is tall and slow. Given the choice there, the tall guy plays. Haddad is short and light but he still might play over Reed.
                        finsrclowns

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                          Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                          • May 2003

Haddad is a good receiver and punt returner who has been the victim of injuries, bad timing and numbers. It seems that whenever he is about to get a real chance to play, he gets hurt. At other times he performs well, but their are just too many bigger names - and bigger guys - ahead of him.

If the guy ever gets a real opportunity, he just might produce.
                          Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• wchutalkinboutwillis
                            • Mar 2005

Right now, I think Hadaad and Aiken have the edge over Reed. Reed had a horrible drop against the Colts in the 1st qrtr. If he would've caught that ball, a lot of the negativity towards Losman would've gone quiet. That catch would have been a first down and a huge momentum booster for JP and the Offense. I just don't think Reed has what it takes. Aiken and Haadad may lack speed and size but I think they like their chances of beating out Drop Reed. The biggest (and it's big) thing Reed has going for him is that TD drafted him in the 2nd round. TD's ego makes it tough to let his own guys go. TD, what's more important? Your job or your ego? Both are on the line this year.

"If I had my way, I'd shuffle off to Buffalo. Sit by the lake and watch the world go by." Fogerty

Comment

• Hammertime
                              • May 2005

$20 says Reed has a big game against the Packers this weekend. takers?
                              Bruce: What time is it?
                              Biscuit: Huh?
                              Bruce: What time is it?
                              Biscuit: Showtime?
                              Bruce: (incensed) Hammertime!!
                              Biscuit: Hammertime!
                              Bruce: Hammertime is when you hitting that nail in a piece of wood with a hammer. You keep hitting that nail, over and over until you can no longer see the nail. You just see the wood is all splintered and what-not. That is Hammertime.

Comment

Working...
                              X