PDA

View Full Version : Even more "not encouraging" news

BuffaloRanger
08-16-2005, 10:37 AM
"I think (these signings are) terrific for the hockey team given the amount of time off that we've had," Regier said. "What it means is that our team, for the most part . . . is set going into training camp."

The Sabres were concerned that Afinogenov might have left the NHL to play hockey in his native Russia, where he played during last season's lockout.

"Max is someone who we think could take some of the ice time from Miroslav Satan last year and some of the responsibilities, so for us to get him under contract is great," Regier said.

Link (http://www.buffalonews.com/editorial/20050816/1064670.asp)

I really hope that by "for the most part..." means "but we will still sign a couple players fans can get excited about."

Tell me there was something in the "..." please?!

Why would they think Max would play in Russia for a 1/3 of the money? I guess we see the masterplan for replacing Satan. Before anyone says "In the new NHL (yet to be seen) Max will tear it up." If that is so, wouldn't that make Satan a potential 50 goal scorer?

All the games should be value seating.

TheGhostofJimKelly
08-16-2005, 10:44 AM
Good luck selling tickets Darcy.

JD
08-16-2005, 01:23 PM
Darcy.... :down:

SabreEleven
08-16-2005, 02:15 PM
Wait until next year

BFBills
08-16-2005, 04:58 PM
wow...i was really happy about the signings...u guys dont remember when we amost made the play offs...and it was thanks to these young guys...people just fricken go to the games, its hockey, the greatest sport on earth here people...!

SabreEleven
08-16-2005, 05:24 PM
wow...i was really happy about the signings...u guys dont remember when we amost made the play offs...and it was thanks to these young guys...people just fricken go to the games, its hockey, the greatest sport on earth here people...!
Agreed, we just want better people playing for the greatest team on earth.

BFBills
08-16-2005, 05:42 PM
haha yahhhhh

TheGhostofJimKelly
08-16-2005, 05:55 PM
No, sorry, I won't be attending any games this year. You can believe me or not, but I was very interested in getting a 10-pack (or whatever they have going on this year) or splitting one, but the organization did nothing except tell me our team needs to get a puck handling defenseman and got Teppo Numminen? Sorry, my money will stay in my pocket.

It isn't the greatest sport in the world, it might be to die hard hockey fans, but the average fan doesn't give a rats behind about hockey. I was a die hard fan once, but I was slapped in the face by a sport I supported and loved. They had their chance to get me excited and they failed. The GMs of this league threw out ridiculous contracts and ours didn't do anything. The league is screwing up just like they did before the lockout. Our GM had the chance to make me excited about my team and he failed. I guess I might be "waiting until next year" to see if I will be going to any games.

BuffaloRanger
08-16-2005, 06:31 PM
I'll go to a couple games - just for the event of it all. I really think the Sabres missed out bigtime. They lost big name popular players and all they have to showcase is a bunch of rookies.

Who would you put on a Sabres billboard? Briere? 18 goal scoring Drury?

Michael82
08-17-2005, 08:55 AM
Wait until next year
When the ****er finally gets fired? :pray:

Michael82
08-17-2005, 08:56 AM
No, sorry, I won't be attending any games this year. You can believe me or not, but I was very interested in getting a 10-pack (or whatever they have going on this year) or splitting one, but the organization did nothing except tell me our team needs to get a puck handling defenseman and got Teppo Numminen? Sorry, my money will stay in my pocket.

It isn't the greatest sport in the world, it might be to die hard hockey fans, but the average fan doesn't give a rats behind about hockey. I was a die hard fan once, but I was slapped in the face by a sport I supported and loved. They had their chance to get me excited and they failed. The GMs of this league threw out ridiculous contracts and ours didn't do anything. The league is screwing up just like they did before the lockout. Our GM had the chance to make me excited about my team and he failed. I guess I might be "waiting until next year" to see if I will be going to any games.
I agree and I'm with you.

Michael82
08-17-2005, 08:58 AM
The greatest sport on Earth and the best sport in the city of Buffalo will always be football and the NFL. The Sabres will NEVER be able to change that, especially with their cheapskate ways. The Buffalo Bills are the main attraction and the Sabres are just a hobby. :::

Novacane
08-17-2005, 01:34 PM
No games for me either. In the last 10 years I've gone from splitting seasons with my brother to 10 games a year to 5 to 1 or 2 to not having been to a game for 2 seasons. Hockey has become boring and the Sabres are cheap ****s. Until that changes I'll save the money for something exciting or the kids college fund

SABURZFAN
08-17-2005, 02:45 PM
have we even cracked $25 million for the cap?

Michael82
08-17-2005, 07:34 PM
have we even cracked $25 million for the cap?
Probably not. :sigh:

Don Cherry
08-17-2005, 10:47 PM
Probably not. :sigh:<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=627 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=stitle width=39>http://tsn.ca/images/elements/mini-chev2.gif</TD><TD class=stitle>Buffalo Sabres</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

<TABLE class=fchartbkg cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=0 width=627 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=ftitlerow width=150>Player</TD><TD class=ftitlerow align=left width=275>Contract Notes</TD><TD class=ftitlerow align=right width=202>2005-2006 Salary</TD></TR><TR bgColor=#fbf4ea><TD class=brick>Chris Drury</TD><TD class=brick align=left> </TD><TD class=brick align=right>$2.926 million</TD></TR><TR bgColor=#fbf4ea><TD class=brick>Martin Biron</TD><TD class=brick align=left>Re-signed RFA (Buffalo)</TD><TD class=brick align=right>$2.128 million</TD></TR><TR bgColor=#fbf4ea><TD class=brick>Teppo Numminen</TD><TD class=brick align=left>UFA (Dallas)</TD><TD class=brick align=right>$2 million</TD></TR><TR bgColor=#fbf4ea><TD class=brick>Mike Grier</TD><TD class=brick align=left>Re-signed RFA (Buffalo)</TD><TD class=brick align=right>$1,364,400</TD></TR><TR bgColor=#fbf4ea><TD class=brick>Dmitri Kalinin</TD><TD class=brick align=left> </TD><TD class=brick align=right>$1.33 million</TD></TR><TR bgColor=#fbf4ea><TD class=brick>Tim Connolly</TD><TD class=brick align=left>Re-signed RFA (Buffalo)</TD><TD class=brick align=right>$1,036,900</TD></TR><TR bgColor=#fbf4ea><TD class=brick>Taylor Pyatt</TD><TD class=brick align=left>Re-signed RFA (Buffalo)</TD><TD class=brick align=right>$989,720</TD></TR><TR bgColor=#fbf4ea><TD class=brick>Jeff Jillson</TD><TD class=brick align=left>Re-signed RFA (Buffalo)</TD><TD class=brick align=right>$833,960</TD></TR><TR bgColor=#fbf4ea><TD class=brick>Derek Roy</TD><TD class=brick align=left> </TD><TD class=brick align=right>$782,000</TD></TR><TR bgColor=#fbf4ea><TD class=brick>Mika Noronen</TD><TD class=brick align=left> </TD><TD class=brick align=right>$665,000</TD></TR><TR bgColor=#fbf4ea><TD class=brick>Rory Fitzpatrick</TD><TD class=brick align=left> </TD><TD class=brick align=right>$532,000</TD></TR><TR bgColor=#fbf4ea><TD class=brick>Brian Campbell</TD><TD class=brick align=left>Re-signed RFA (Buffalo)</TD><TD class=brick align=right>$459,800</TD></TR><TR bgColor=#fbf4ea><TD class=brick>Adam Mair</TD><TD class=brick align=left> </TD><TD class=brick align=right>$450,000</TD></TR><TR bgColor=#fbf4ea><TD class=brick>Andrew Peters</TD><TD class=brick align=left> </TD><TD class=brick align=right>$450,000</TD></TR><TR bgColor=#fbf4ea><TD class=brick>Chris Taylor</TD><TD class=brick align=right> </TD><TD class=brick align=right>$450,000</TD></TR><TR bgColor=#fbf4ea><TD class=brick>Ryan Miller</TD><TD class=brick align=left>Re-signed RFA (Buffalo)</TD><TD class=brick align=right>Undisclosed</TD></TR><TR bgColor=#fbf4ea><TD class=brick>Jochen Hecht</TD><TD class=brick align=left>Re-signed RFA (Buffalo)</TD><TD class=brick align=right>Undisclosed</TD></TR><TR bgColor=#fbf4ea><TD class=brick>Daniel Briere</TD><TD class=brick align=left>Re-signed RFA (Buffalo)</TD><TD class=brick align=right>Undisclosed</TD></TR><TR bgColor=#fbf4ea><TD class=brick>J.P. Dumont</TD><TD class=brick align=left>Re-signed RFA (Buffalo)</TD><TD class=brick align=right>Undisclosed</TD></TR><TR bgColor=#fbf4ea><TD class=brick>Maxim Afinogenov</TD><TD class=brick align=left>Re-signed RFA (Buffalo)</TD><TD class=brick align=right>Undisclosed</TD></TR><TR bgColor=#fbf4ea><TD class=brick>Henrik Tallinder</TD><TD class=brick align=left>Re-signed RFA (Buffalo)</TD><TD class=brick align=right>Undisclosed</TD></TR><TR bgColor=#fbf4ea><TD class=brick>Milan Bartovic</TD><TD class=brick align=left>Re-signed RFA (Buffalo)</TD><TD class=brick align=right>Undisclosed</TD></TR><TR bgColor=#fbf4ea><TD class=brick>Ales Kotalik</TD><TD class=brick align=left>Re-signed RFA (Buffalo)</TD><TD class=brick align=right>Undisclosed</TD></TR><TR bgColor=#fbf4ea><TD class=brick>Paul Gaustad</TD><TD class=brick align=left>Re-signed RFA (Buffalo)</TD><TD class=brick align=right>Undisclosed</TD></TR><TR bgColor=#fbf4ea><TD class=brick>Jason Pominville</TD><TD class=brick align=left>Re-signed RFA (Buffalo)</TD><TD class=brick align=right>Undisclosed</TD></TR><TR bgColor=#fbf4ea><TD class=brick>Michael Ryan</TD><TD class=brick align=left>Re-signed RFA (Buffalo)</TD><TD class=brick align=right>Undisclosed</TD></TR><TR><TD class=ftitlerow align=left>26 Players</TD><TD class=ftitlerow align=left>11 Salaries Undisclosed</TD><TD class=ftitlerow align=right>$16,399,472</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Sabres are at 16 million with 11 salaries not disclosed.

Playing the guessing game- I beleive Hecht was reported in the Buffalo news to have signed for somewhere in the $1.9 million per year range...judging from what they made in 2003 (minus 24% rollback, but adding a qualifying offer of 110%) Max Afinegenov, Briere, probably is around $1.5 million, Miller, Dumont about $1 million, Tallinder, Kotalik, about $800K each.

The rest get $450K,

McKee will come in around $1.5 million when he signs.

Add them all up and you come in around $26-$28 million for 26 players.