• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BuffaloRanger
    WORK HARD. PLAY HARD. LIVE HARD.
    • Mar 2003

Even more "not encouraging" news

"I think (these signings are) terrific for the hockey team given the amount of time off that we've had," Regier said. "What it means is that our team, for the most part . . . is set going into training camp."

The Sabres were concerned that Afinogenov might have left the NHL to play hockey in his native Russia, where he played during last season's lockout.

"Max is someone who we think could take some of the ice time from Miroslav Satan last year and some of the responsibilities, so for us to get him under contract is great," Regier said.

Link

I really hope that by "for the most part..." means "but we will still sign a couple players fans can get excited about."

Tell me there was something in the "..." please?!

Why would they think Max would play in Russia for a 1/3 of the money? I guess we see the masterplan for replacing Satan. Before anyone says "In the new NHL (yet to be seen) Max will tear it up." If that is so, wouldn't that make Satan a potential 50 goal scorer?

All the games should be value seating.
    Buffalo Only and Always.
  • TheGhostofJimKelly
    • May 2003

Re: Even more "not encouraging" news

Good luck selling tickets Darcy.

Comment

• JD
      Sabres Zone
      • Sep 2003

Darcy....
      “You hold a players only meeting and get each guy to stand up and say what he can bring to the table... and if he doesn't, you punch him in the face.” ~~ Harry Neale, on how to fix the Sabres season.

Comment

• SabreEleven
        • Aug 2002

Wait until next year

Comment

• BFBills
          "That will be Nate Clements third Pic of the day!"
          • Oct 2002

wow...i was really happy about the signings...u guys dont remember when we amost made the play offs...and it was thanks to these young guys...people just fricken go to the games, its hockey, the greatest sport on earth here people...!
          "BillsZone.com some of the most uhhhh....some of the smartest football talkers I've ever ever talked to"...Voltron...

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
          MIKE IS NICE!!!!!!!!!!!MIKE IS NICE!!!!!MIKE IS NICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• SabreEleven
            • Aug 2002

Originally posted by BFBills
            wow...i was really happy about the signings...u guys dont remember when we amost made the play offs...and it was thanks to these young guys...people just fricken go to the games, its hockey, the greatest sport on earth here people...!
            Agreed, we just want better people playing for the greatest team on earth.

Comment

• BFBills
              "That will be Nate Clements third Pic of the day!"
              • Oct 2002

haha yahhhhh
              "BillsZone.com some of the most uhhhh....some of the smartest football talkers I've ever ever talked to"...Voltron...

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
              MIKE IS NICE!!!!!!!!!!!MIKE IS NICE!!!!!MIKE IS NICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• TheGhostofJimKelly
                • May 2003

No, sorry, I won't be attending any games this year. You can believe me or not, but I was very interested in getting a 10-pack (or whatever they have going on this year) or splitting one, but the organization did nothing except tell me our team needs to get a puck handling defenseman and got Teppo Numminen? Sorry, my money will stay in my pocket.

It isn't the greatest sport in the world, it might be to die hard hockey fans, but the average fan doesn't give a rats behind about hockey. I was a die hard fan once, but I was slapped in the face by a sport I supported and loved. They had their chance to get me excited and they failed. The GMs of this league threw out ridiculous contracts and ours didn't do anything. The league is screwing up just like they did before the lockout. Our GM had the chance to make me excited about my team and he failed. I guess I might be "waiting until next year" to see if I will be going to any games.

Comment

• BuffaloRanger
                  WORK HARD. PLAY HARD. LIVE HARD.
                  • Mar 2003

I'll go to a couple games - just for the event of it all. I really think the Sabres missed out bigtime. They lost big name popular players and all they have to showcase is a bunch of rookies.

Who would you put on a Sabres billboard? Briere? 18 goal scoring Drury?
                  Buffalo Only and Always.

Comment

• Michael82
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by SabreEleven
                    Wait until next year
                    When the ****er finally gets fired?

Comment

• Michael82
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by TheGhostofJimKelly
                      No, sorry, I won't be attending any games this year. You can believe me or not, but I was very interested in getting a 10-pack (or whatever they have going on this year) or splitting one, but the organization did nothing except tell me our team needs to get a puck handling defenseman and got Teppo Numminen? Sorry, my money will stay in my pocket.

It isn't the greatest sport in the world, it might be to die hard hockey fans, but the average fan doesn't give a rats behind about hockey. I was a die hard fan once, but I was slapped in the face by a sport I supported and loved. They had their chance to get me excited and they failed. The GMs of this league threw out ridiculous contracts and ours didn't do anything. The league is screwing up just like they did before the lockout. Our GM had the chance to make me excited about my team and he failed. I guess I might be "waiting until next year" to see if I will be going to any games.
                      I agree and I'm with you.

Comment

• Michael82
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by BFBills
                        The greatest sport on Earth and the best sport in the city of Buffalo will always be football and the NFL. The Sabres will NEVER be able to change that, especially with their cheapskate ways. The Buffalo Bills are the main attraction and the Sabres are just a hobby.

Comment

• Fairway
                          • Jul 2002

No games for me either. In the last 10 years I've gone from splitting seasons with my brother to 10 games a year to 5 to 1 or 2 to not having been to a game for 2 seasons. Hockey has become boring and the Sabres are cheap ****s. Until that changes I'll save the money for something exciting or the kids college fund

Comment

• SABURZFAN
                            short bus extraordinaire
                            • Jul 2002

have we even cracked $25 million for the cap?
                            Originally posted by yordad
                            Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• Michael82
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by SABURZFAN
                              have we even cracked $25 million for the cap?
                              Probably not.

Comment

Working...
                              X