PDA

View Full Version : Wow, I got a response

Bill Brasky
08-16-2005, 05:06 PM
I had a horrendus night at work last night, and towards the end of the night I was looking around football and fantasy columns and found one on Yahoo where they asked which teams should be relocated.

Needless to say the Giants/Jets came up because one columnist said "at least one team should play in NY STATE"

I was pretty pissed off by that as I've heard it before, and in my state of mind I wrote the guy the following:

Name: J. Freeman

City and State: NYC

Type your feedback here:
Recently in Funston's "High Fives" you said you would vote
to move the Jets/Giants because they play in NJ and
somebody should play in the "STATE".

Are you forgetting the only team to play in 4 straight
Super Bowls? The team with the greatest comeback in NFL
history? The team that played in arguably the best Super
Bowl of all time? The team with one of the best defenses in
the NFL constantly taking a back seat to the Baltimore's
and Pittsburgh's?

Please pass along a note to your buddies in the Sports
Columnist world that there are more teams in New
York "State" other than those located in the Tri-Cesspool
Area.

I will not even bother asking what you think of Moulds'
fantasy value as you do not even know what state his team
plays in.

His Response:

Justin -

Thanks for the note. I certainly meant no disrespect to the Bills, just trying to make the point of two teams with the "New York" moniker playing across state lines. Unfortunately, we're forced to a word economy for space considerations, which leaves out much more of a would-be rant.

It was a matter of simplifying the issue related to the Jets and Giants. My apologies if that caused any issues.

As for Moulds, I've got him pegged for selection in the sixth round right now. I went to Bills camp last week and liked what I saw from Losman. Although I am a bit concerned with the depth on the offensive line, I think they'll be able to move the ball and put up points.

Hope that helps.

Best wishes,

Mike

Mr. Cynical
08-16-2005, 05:43 PM
I'm surprised he didn't go off on you after your (justified) rant. He acted like a professional. A rare thing these days.

NJFINSFAN1
08-16-2005, 06:06 PM
One team does, DA Bills!

Giants and Jets should change the name to NJ!

It drives me nuts living 1/2 hour away in NJ, and you turn the TV on and they say NY! IT's JERSEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Marvelous
08-16-2005, 08:17 PM
I'm surprised he didn't go off on you after your (justified) rant. He acted like a professional. A rare thing these days.
My thoughts exactly.....

wchutalkinboutwillis
08-16-2005, 08:37 PM
He's just a typical, ignorant Downstater. I run into them everyday. It's literally embarassing how little people around here know about the US (let alone New York State).
New York is arguably the most divided state in the country. Perhaps we should have a wing eating contest to resolve our differences.

Hammertime
08-16-2005, 09:40 PM
The guy said he was talking about the two New Jersey teams. "At least one team should actually play in New York State". Seems pretty clear to me. I think he explained himself.

Though, i will say those down in the metropolis area tend to think "New York" only means "New York City". They also think Pennsylvania is in the midwest and Montana is some far away planet where hamburgers are made.

Meathead
08-16-2005, 10:06 PM
Mike you ignorant downstate slut ...

Bill Brasky
08-17-2005, 06:16 AM
Yeah, I thought he would either ignore me or write back with something nasty.

I don't care. The Bills constantly get ripped on and disrespected, especially down here. I get sick of hearing it after a while.

Mr. Miyagi
08-17-2005, 06:28 AM
He's just a typical, ignorant Downstater. I run into them everyday. It's literally embarassing how little people around here know about the US (let alone New York State).
New York is arguably the most divided state in the country. Perhaps we should have a wing eating contest to resolve our differences.
Yeah I know somebody like that. :cynic:

Bill Brasky
08-17-2005, 08:21 PM
I feel your pain my friend.

Sadly though, North Jersey is not nearly as bad as Wong Eyelund. For proof, just read the posts of a certain member here who shall remain nameless.

wchutalkinboutwillis
08-17-2005, 08:32 PM
I feel your pain my friend.

Sadly though, North Jersey is not nearly as bad as Wong Eyelund. For proof, just read the posts of a certain member here who shall remain nameless.
Don't get me wrong. I generally like the people of NYC metro. However, most of them seem to be clueless about the geography of NYS. For example, I went to UB with a bunch of guys from Queens and Long Island. One summer we hit the beach (I forget the name but it's the one where Mickey Rats used to be or still is). One of my friends, and I swear to god this is true, looks out at Lake Erie and says. "Wait a second. What ocean is this?" I'm not kidding. No idea how he got into UB.

Bill Brasky
08-17-2005, 08:37 PM
Don't get me wrong. I generally like the people of NYC metro. However, most of them seem to be clueless about the geography of NYS. For example, I went to UB with a bunch of guys from Queens and Long Island. One summer we hit the beach (I forget the name but it's the one where Mickey Rats used to be or still is). One of my friends, and I swear to god this is true, looks out at Lake Erie and says. "Wait a second. What ocean is this?" I'm not kidding. No idea how he got into UB. A couple guys from my work thought Buffalo was in Canada. They thought the Bills were a Canadian team.

They act ridiculous and are the most arrogant, ignorant citizens I've ever met... and they wonder why everybody outside of this area despises them.

I guess you can't blame them for not knowing anything though, they've probably never left the metro area. Talking to some people from "The Island" they seem to think anything past Bergen County is a cross country trip.

It's not just NYers though... when I lived in LA people thought Buffalo was a suburb of NYC.

wchutalkinboutwillis
08-17-2005, 09:52 PM
A couple guys from my work thought Buffalo was in Canada. They thought the Bills were a Canadian team.

They act ridiculous and are the most arrogant, ignorant citizens I've ever met... and they wonder why everybody outside of this area despises them.

I guess you can't blame them for not knowing anything though, they've probably never left the metro area. Talking to some people from "The Island" they seem to think anything past Bergen County is a cross country trip.

It's not just NYers though... when I lived in LA people thought Buffalo was a suburb of NYC.
Yeah, most people out West do tend to group Buffalo in with NYC. Remember that Dominos commercial a couple of years ago that advertised "Buffalo Wings"? They had two cops outside The Anchor Bar eating wings and speaking with a thick Brooklyn accent. Hilarious.

STAMPY
08-17-2005, 10:18 PM
:stfu: The bottomline is Western NY and Eastern NY are totally different territories. The way of life is very different. What the writer basically meant was a Eastern NY team. A team near NYC area.

And bro if you rip on LONG ISLAND so much why don't you just get the F out.

You had a job, if Western NY didn't you? You were making around same **** maybe a lil less. But if you ain't happy. Get the F out. Don't let the door hit you, where the good lord split ya

STAMPY
08-17-2005, 10:24 PM
Justin like they say you can take the western ny out of the hillbilly but you can't take the hillbilly out of ya

right mr freeman

Bill Brasky
08-17-2005, 11:07 PM
:stfu: The bottomline is Western NY and Eastern NY are totally different territories. The way of life is very different. What the writer basically meant was a Eastern NY team. A team near NYC area. And bro if you rip on LONG ISLAND so much why don't you just get the F out. You had a job, if Western NY didn't you? You were making around same **** maybe a lil less. But if you ain't happy. Get the F out. Don't let the door hit you, where the good lord split ya
Justin like they say you can take the western ny out of the hillbilly but you can't take the hillbilly out of ya right mr freeman
ladies and gentelmen, I present exhibit A.

lordofgun
08-18-2005, 12:07 AM
Don't forget about billsfanone.

STAMPY
08-18-2005, 12:28 AM

:bringit: Hillbilly

Gunzlingr
08-18-2005, 07:53 AM
If I had to bet money on a fight between a hillbilly and a ******, my money would be on the hillbilly.

Bulldog
08-18-2005, 07:58 AM
Justin like they say you can take the western ny out of the hillbilly but you can't take the hillbilly out of ya

right mr freeman

One word : FLID. I'll let you figure it out.

casdhf
08-18-2005, 08:00 AM
Wow...are they all so angry? I feel stampy is probably on some sort of juice as well, that could be adding to it.

Bill Brasky
08-18-2005, 09:22 AM
Wow...are they all so angry? I feel stampy is probably on some sort of juice as well, that could be adding to it.
he's not even the worst of the bunch.

Cntrygal
08-20-2005, 10:39 AM
Great Rant!

No kidding! I was surprised too!