PDA

View Full Version : Price done in Atlanta?

DynaPaul
08-16-2005, 09:37 PM
The second coming of Alvin Harper?

PRICE OUT IN ATLANTA?

Though the Falcons chose demotion instead of termination for receiver Peerless Price prior to the start of training camp, it sounds like he still could end up on the chopping block come early September.

Without overtly slamming Price, coach Jim Mora's comments in Tuesday's Atlanta Journal-Constitution suggest that things aren't rosy for Price at Flowery Branch.

Read more at:
http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

Pride
08-16-2005, 09:40 PM
I bet the eagles pick him up

Meathead
08-16-2005, 10:11 PM
He'd be a great #2 for a lot of teams.

texasphinsfan
08-16-2005, 10:26 PM
price was done when he entered the NFL. He was more a product of Peyton Manning than anything else. Maybe Peerless can go back to the Vols? He might find success there.

Either that or start selling insurance with Gino Toretta. :D

STAMPY
08-16-2005, 10:30 PM
price was done when he entered the NFL. He was more a product of Peyton Manning than anything else. Maybe Peerless can go back to the Vols? He might find success there.

Either that or start selling insurance with Gino Toretta. :D

What the hell are you talking about. He did well in buffalo as a number 2. Nothing wrong with that. He will do well for teams as a number 2 or even slot guy

Stewie
08-16-2005, 10:53 PM
Price is a decent #2 when he has a decent quarterback. Sad for him that Drew Bledsoe is the best QB he's had in the NFL.

texasphinsfan
08-16-2005, 11:11 PM
What the hell are you talking about. He did well in buffalo as a number 2. Nothing wrong with that. He will do well for teams as a number 2 or even slot guy

I stand partially corrected - i had not seen his stats in 2002.... which was the only year he really produced like he should have. Let's face it, he was a #1 guy in Tennessee, his stats padded by his QB. When you guys brought him in, you expected him to produce as such in the NFL... he didn't until '02, apparently. Buffalo was smart, they dumped him when his stock was high and at least capitalized on the situation.... now his value is pretty low. I believe all WRs can have fluke years though... one good year out of seven does not a good receiver make. Granted its hard with Vick as your QB to produce, but he's not the same threat he was at Tennessee. If you guys think he would help you, go for it. But your problem right now isn't WR...

PS - after looking at your team in 2002 (i had never closely examined the stats for your team), you had a similar situation to us.... you had a RB that ran for more than 1400 yards, a QB who threw for over 4,000 yards, with almost a 2 to 1 TD-to-INT ratio, two 1,000 yard WRs.... yet you went 8-8... what happened?

We had an 1800-yard RW, a Fiedler that actually threw more TDs than INTs, and the #3 ranked defense. we went 10-6 and missed the playoffs.

don't understand 2002, weird year.

The Spaz
08-17-2005, 12:12 AM
That site is worthless...

Konyeezie
08-17-2005, 12:26 AM
That site is worthless... Yup

thebuffalobills4
08-17-2005, 12:34 AM
most likely.

Tinboy
08-17-2005, 01:27 AM
I also bet on the Eagles.

ryjam282
08-17-2005, 05:29 AM

I don't think you have to bet, I think it is a guarantee. He would be suprisingly solid behing TO if they can work that out. Glad we didn't overpay him to stay here and suck. GREAT JOB TD, got us cap room to sign TKO and a draft pick to get Willis....One of the greatest moves in our recent history.

DynaPaul
08-17-2005, 06:12 AM
Yup

I disagree. There some diamonds in the rough there.

LifetimeBillsFan
08-17-2005, 06:27 AM
I don't think you have to bet, I think it is a guarantee. He would be suprisingly solid behing TO if they can work that out. Glad we didn't overpay him to stay here and suck. GREAT JOB TD, got us cap room to sign TKO and a draft pick to get Willis....One of the greatest moves in our recent history.
I agree on both points.

I just wonder whether ATL will just cut him or try to trade him and, if they try to trade him, how much ATL will want from Philly and how much Philly will be willing to pay to get him. I don't think Philly can afford his current contract, but, if ATL cuts Price, they would end up with nothing (other than cap savings) and Price could be claimed or cut a deal with a team other than Philly that is looking for a speed receiver, like KC (with F.Mitchell hurting and unable to practice).

Didya ever notice how (with the exception of W.Wolford and Winfield) a lot of the FAs who have left the Bills for more money elsewhere haven't ended up doing so well?

Historian
08-17-2005, 06:27 AM
I would take him back for a modest salary. This could be Moulds last year here.

The King
08-17-2005, 06:33 AM
Price can play ball, just not as a #1 guy. I think we all knew this when he left. He just isnt physical enough or quick enough to be effective when double teamed. Can he play sure, he just needs the right formula. Having a QB throw from different parts of the backfield on every down is probably a bit taxing for a WR especially from one who has had nothing but im-mobile QB's. Price is most likely just used to starring at the hash marks and waiting for the ball to come out. Recieving is anything but typical in Atlanta.

I said this on Monday I believe that Philly is the perfect fit for Price. They need him and he needs them. I wish him the best of luck. He needs to restructure, pronto.

Jan Reimers
08-17-2005, 06:37 AM
I would take him back for a modest salary. This could be Moulds last year here.
I like to put my recycled stuff out by the curb.

We have plenty of talent at WR and, even if Moulds does leave, we will need a big, strong guy to replace him. Price is not that guy.

Tatonka
08-17-2005, 08:52 AM
price can be the number 3 if he wants. :D

Mr. Miyagi
08-17-2005, 09:03 AM
He never had great hands or ran crisp routes. He was a speed guy 3 years ago. Now he's 3 years older and he's lost some speed and most of his confidence, let alone that newly discovered eye problem.

He's done.

HHURRICANE
08-17-2005, 10:03 AM
I live in Atlanta. This should some it up:

1) He got paid alot of money upfront so don't feel too bad for him. Arthur Blank took him to Maggiano's and overpaid him before Atlanta had a GM who had the balls to tell Blank to stick to selling hammers, etc.

2) Moulds made Peerless look very good because Moulds always drew the double and triple coverage. I'm going to catch some balls with single coverage on an all out sprint.

3) He has definately lost some speed, and is not that good over the middle.

4) It's not all his fault. I would never want to be a reciver with Michael Vick as the QB. You run your route and the next thing you know your having to improvise because Vick is flying around in the backfield. The Falcons will never, ever, win a SB with Vick as the QB.

5) With all of that said we do not want Price back.

Mr. Miyagi
08-17-2005, 10:16 AM
Good post HHurricane. :miyagi:

:lolpoint: Dirty Birds

DynaPaul
08-17-2005, 04:55 PM
I agree on both points.

I just wonder whether ATL will just cut him or try to trade him and, if they try to trade him, how much ATL will want from Philly and how much Philly will be willing to pay to get him. I don't think Philly can afford his current contract, but, if ATL cuts Price, they would end up with nothing (other than cap savings) and Price could be claimed or cut a deal with a team other than Philly that is looking for a speed receiver, like KC (with F.Mitchell hurting and unable to practice).

Didya ever notice how (with the exception of W.Wolford and Winfield) a lot of the FAs who have left the Bills for more money elsewhere haven't ended up doing so well?

I like to call that "Nate Odoms Disease".