PDA

View Full Version : Bet made on Redskins/Dolphins... what do you think?

texasphinsfan
08-16-2005, 11:20 PM
I can't ask this on finheaven, obvious homer replies would happen... but anyway,

a coworker of mine is a die-hard redskins fan, and i obviously a dol-fan... words were exchanged and in the heat of the moment we made a bet.... only sixty bucks but the wager on who would finish with a better record. i obviously have my team's glasses on there that might have distorted my view but what do you guys think?

Its safe to say both teams are not in great shape. Which do you think will end up with a better record and why?

LtFinFan66
08-17-2005, 12:33 AM
I'll say the Fins...but then again, my glasses are the same prescription as yours!!

texasphinsfan
08-17-2005, 12:46 AM
I'll say the Fins...but then again, my glasses are the same prescription as yours!!
:biggrin:

FlyingDutchman
08-17-2005, 01:10 AM
Thats a tough one. They both play in tough divisions. I honestly didn't think the dolphins werent as bad as their record showed last year. They just came out on the losing end on a lot of games. The dolphins are a tough team to predict. They have talented players, but just cant seem to get over the hump to be a upper tier football team over the last couple of years. They will definately improve from last year, to what extent is up in the air. They are kinda streaky. The Redskins defense is amazing, and offense is laughable. IMO they are not as good as the Dolphins, but play in a slightly easier division, and definately an easier conference. So after that; my conclusion....its a push.....good luck with your bet.

jmb1099
08-17-2005, 08:01 AM
This is a tough one to call. I think in the end it comes down to three factors
1) Defense: Redskins have a great defense
2) Division: AFC east is very competitive, the Dolphins may be the better team of the two, but scedule is a factor
3) System: Even though Miami has better staff this year, its the first year. This isn't to say that success is impossible, just a bit more difficult to come by.

So I'd have to give the slight, very slight edge, to the Skins.

Historian
08-17-2005, 08:09 AM
While any team with Gregg Williams as a coach is starting out ten steps backwards to begin with...the fish are absolutely putrid. Holes all over the place, especially at QB.

I would have to go with Washington by default.

The King
08-17-2005, 08:21 AM
I agree with most the Fins division is going to hurt. Plus a rookie head coach no qb, some questions in the secondary. I think the fins have more weaknesses than the skins. It could fall either way.

One thing is for sure though there wont be a winner until week 16.

mysticsoto
08-17-2005, 08:40 AM
I think it will probably be close, but the Skins probably have a slightly easier schedule than the fins. That may be the difference that puts them on top. That plus the fact that they will get wins over Dallas easily. All G. Williams has to do is blitz Bledsoe and they'll get atleast 1 or 2 turnovers easily.

NJFINSFAN1
08-17-2005, 08:42 AM
I had this talk with my neighbor two days ago, he happens to be a Redskin fan, it was funny, but we both said we would be happy this year with an 8-8 record.

But then again, I always think we are going to the Superbowl every year! I just never know if we are playing, or buying tickets!:horror:

TigerJ
08-17-2005, 01:32 PM
My money would be on the Redskins because Gibbs has had a little time to put his stamp on the team. Saban is a rookie head coach with chemistry issues, and I think the AFC East is the tougher division. The NFC East has Philadelphia and nobody else. Even Philadelphia has risks if the Owens debacle lingers. Without Owens and with Pinkston injured they are weak at WR. The AFC East, of course has the Patriots. The Jets may be stronger if Pennington heals up by the start of the season and Buffalo could be strong. But then when I look at Miami with those teal and orange uniforms it's tough for me to be objective.

Valerie
08-17-2005, 02:24 PM
I hope and PRAY the Dolphins end up with a better record than the Redskins. Why? I could list a million reasons why, but suffice to say I hate the Skins and pray for a losing season every year.:grovel: That, and their owner is an *******! :up:

feelthepain
08-17-2005, 05:57 PM
I think the Skins and Fins finish bettter then the Bills.

texasphinsfan
08-17-2005, 05:58 PM
thanks for the inputs guys.

i was thinking the dolphins actually had a better team (like a lot of you said), but i completely forgot the schedule... we do have a much harder schedule than the skins, thats for sure.

I think we trump them in almost all areas of the game....

LB - even... they have arrington, but he's always injured....we have thomas
DB - even - they lost Smoot, we lost Surtain. They have Taylor, but we have Madison... so its about breaking even there
DL - Fins (with Taylor, Zgonina, Holliday, Carter, et al i think we get the slight edge here - we even had 4 sacks last game against their 1st string O)
OL - skins, by far
RB - fins. they have portis, who isn't quite what he was at Denver, but we have Ricky and Ronnie
WR - fins. They did get Moss, but lost Gardner. Moss is their really only talent at WR. We have Chambers, Booker, and Boston, 3 (arguably) better or as good as WRs as Moss.
TE - fins. McMike is in the top ten in the NFL, although if Chris Cooley keeps it up, he will become the next TE star... great fantasy sleeper BTW Cooley is
QB - even.... while frerotte and feeley wont' win any contests, neither will Brunell or Ramsey. if anything, maybe slight edge to skins.

final: fins 4, skins 1

granted, while we may have a better team, again the schedule is a killer. We face the superbowl champs twice, a team that was two games away from the superbowl twice, and a rising bills team that has more upsides than down.

so yeah, i guess i better save up sixty bucks, eh? :D

mysticsoto
08-17-2005, 06:12 PM
Are you adding their wins together???

The_Philster
08-17-2005, 07:02 PM
I hope and PRAY the Dolphins end up with a better record than the Redskins. Why? I could list a million reasons why, but suffice to say I hate the Skins and pray for a losing season every year.:grovel: That, and their owner is an *******! :up:Booooooooooo!!!

Brad528
08-17-2005, 10:22 PM
Being a dolphin fan and living in DC i have this happen alot. My coworkers and me agrue about it. I have a bet that Miami has a better record then the Redskins and the Cowboys. I honestly think they can win more games then both those teams. I understand Miami is in a tough division but we still can win any of those games. Look at last year it was the worst Dolphin team i have seen in my entire life and we still split with the Patriots and our lose wasnt a blow out or anything. They will be a much improved team from a year ago and you can count on that. I just cant see the Redskins winning at all in Philly,New York, and we all know how they play against Dallas at home or away.

jmb1099
08-17-2005, 10:50 PM
Nice response...you didn't answer the question...as usual. :down: