PDA

View Full Version : Travis Henry update

vicmantak
08-17-2005, 07:32 AM
<TABLE cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=statspink vAlign=top noWrap>Aug. 16</TD><TD class=statspink>Travis Henry is no longer wearing an immobilizing boot and the turf toe on his left foot is settling down, according to the Nashville Tennessean. He is unlikely to play in Atlanta on Friday night. "If it was a normal game, I think he could go through it," coach Jeff Fisher said. "But we just don't want this to linger. We want to get it behind him so it doesn't become a problem."
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
http://fantasyfootball.usatoday.com/index.php?sport=pftball&type=profile&name=3443

casdhf
08-17-2005, 07:51 AM
He would definately play. I don't like how he handled himself here last season, but before that he would play with a broken neck, if he had to.

LifetimeBillsFan
08-17-2005, 08:31 AM
The problem with turf toe is that it is a persistent, lingering injury that can easily be aggravated and, when it flares up or is aggravated, it prevents the RBs from pushing off on that foot--which negatively impacts their explosiveness and cutting ability.

Travis is a tough guy who can play through a lot of pain, but turf toe is an injury that has sidelined a lot of tough RBs because it doesn't just cause pain, but impacts the body's ability to perform movements that are essential to a RBs performance. With Chris Brown also having a history of turf toe injuries, this will be a situation to watch closely over the course of the season.

I wish T.Henry well for what he did for the Bills, but this is now the third year that he has suffered an injury that has or could cause him to miss games....

Gunzlingr
08-17-2005, 08:37 AM
The problem with turf toe is that it is a persistent, lingering injury that can easily be aggravated and, when it flares up or is aggravated, it prevents the RBs from pushing off on that foot--which negatively impacts their explosiveness and cutting ability.

Travis is a tough guy who can play through a lot of pain, but turf toe is an injury that has sidelined a lot of tough RBs because it doesn't just cause pain, but impacts the body's ability to perform movements that are essential to a RBs performance. With Chris Brown also having a history of turf toe injuries, this will be a situation to watch closely over the course of the season.

I wish T.Henry well for what he did for the Bills, but this is now the third year that he has suffered an injury that has or could cause him to miss games....I read the same thing on another site. TH is tough, but toe injuries have sidelined tougher guys. I wish him well.

JefftheBillsfan
08-17-2005, 09:17 AM
does he have a chance at the starting job, i havent heard much about him since he left?

Yasgur's Farm
08-17-2005, 11:24 AM
I wish T.Henry well for what he did for the Bills, but this is now the third year that he has suffered an injury that has or could cause him to miss games....Actually I think it's the 4th...
1) Turf toe his season.
2) High ankle last season.
3) Rib cart. 2 years ago.
4) Foot his rookie year.

Mr. Cynical
08-17-2005, 12:57 PM
:lolpoint: Titans