PDA

View Full Version : Rashad Baker

Mr. Miyagi
08-17-2005, 10:14 AM
I have a #26 Winfield jersey that I need to change the nameplate on. I hope Baker makes the team. :(

EDS
08-17-2005, 10:19 AM
He made it last year as an undrafted free agent and performed well. I would be shocked if he did not make the team.

DraftBoy
08-17-2005, 10:28 AM
I think he's being groomed to take over at FS for Vincent in a year or two

Michael82
08-17-2005, 10:34 AM
Better question would be....

any chance he doesn't?

justasportsfan
08-17-2005, 10:35 AM
Wire would be cut before Baker will.

tampabay25690
08-17-2005, 11:08 AM
Wire would be cut before Baker will.

I agree 150%

Jan Reimers
08-17-2005, 11:16 AM
I'm pretty sure Baker is going to back up Vincent. He played well last year, and should be better this season with a year's experience.

FlyingDutchman
08-17-2005, 11:46 AM
Im not really that impressed with Baker. I feel like he gets beat deep a lot. I especially remember against Miami when he got burned a few times. Id rather have Greer and Thomas (when healthy). I will give the guy props for being an UDFA and makin an NFL squad and getting some playing time. Hes still getting his feet wet and hopefuly he continues to progress. Going back to Greer, he really impressed me against Indy. He looks quicker, and like he has more confidence. Terrance Mcgee looked like a pro bowler saturday (given they werent playing their top recievers much), but he was so quick to close the gap on recievers, looked great coming up to help against the rush (whatever rushes got beyond the line) and just looks overall improved at corner....OUR D IS NASTY!

mysticsoto
08-17-2005, 12:19 PM
Im not really that impressed with Baker. I feel like he gets beat deep a lot. I especially remember against Miami when he got burned a few times. Id rather have Greer and Thomas (when healthy). I will give the guy props for being an UDFA and makin an NFL squad and getting some playing time. Hes still getting his feet wet and hopefuly he continues to progress. Going back to Greer, he really impressed me against Indy. He looks quicker, and like he has more confidence. Terrance Mcgee looked like a pro bowler saturday (given they werent playing their top recievers much), but he was so quick to close the gap on recievers, looked great coming up to help against the rush (whatever rushes got beyond the line) and just looks overall improved at corner....OUR D IS NASTY!
Baker is a Free Safety. Not a Cornerback...

Kerr
08-17-2005, 12:42 PM
Baker is a Free Safety. Not a Cornerback...

You think Baker could play SS?

Shasta McNasty
08-17-2005, 01:04 PM
Baker will make the team as backup FS.

mysticsoto
08-17-2005, 01:11 PM
You think Baker could play SS?
I would say no. Not yet. He is just getting acclimated to FS and was even burnt a couple of times last year. To make him switch into another position at this point would probably mess him up a little bit. He needs to complete his adjustment to FS 1st. Maybe in a few years. But by then, hopefull we'll have someone better already there! We can't wait until Milloy retires to find a good backup. We need to start grooming someone now!

casdhf
08-17-2005, 01:20 PM
I think that's what happened to Wire, I don't wanna risk Baker too.

TigerJ
08-17-2005, 01:23 PM
Better question would be....

any chance he doesn't?
My thoughts exactly. The answer to that one is "slim."

Dantheman1280
08-17-2005, 08:20 PM
I have a #26 Winfield jersey that I need to change the nameplate on. I hope Baker makes the team. :(

I would really like to change the nameplates on some of my jerseys but i dont know where to find someone who does that.

Tinboy
08-18-2005, 01:12 AM
Baker is a solid backup and will make the team.

vicmantak
08-18-2005, 01:41 AM
IMO Baker adds dimension to this team.
If Bills are struggling against the run or Bills are going to face a big tandem of WRs... Baker allows move Vincent to a situational CB.
In other words, Baker adds an specialized FS on passing situations allowing Vincent to explode his strengthnesses...