PDA

View Full Version : Brook Trout Look

jmb1099
08-17-2005, 11:09 AM
brook trout look (http://www.finheaven.com/news/2454/)

Interesting read.

NJFINSFAN1
08-17-2005, 11:35 AM
Got to love it!!!

http://www.members.shaw.ca/goldentroutalberta/images/goldentrout53.gif

Pride
08-17-2005, 11:47 AM
Got to love it? you do realize that is a BAD thing right?

jmb1099
08-17-2005, 12:14 PM
The article clearly states that Saban is concerned that they will not be ready in time because some have a "brook trout look"...
This is the most unique way of saying we have no heart ever...

NJFINSFAN1
08-17-2005, 12:38 PM
Got to love it? you do realize that is a BAD thing right?
Yes, the way you look at it. The way I look at it, is we have a coach that won't stand for it. The last few years Wanny had that look also.

Saban wants fighters, he wants that killer look. And it's great that he is calling these guys out!

Jan Reimers
08-17-2005, 02:02 PM
I always knew there was something fishy about Manny Wright.

BleedinGreenNC
08-17-2005, 06:02 PM
Yes, the way you look at it. The way I look at it, is we have a coach that won't stand for it. The last few years Wanny had that look also.

Saban wants fighters, he wants that killer look. And it's great that he is calling these guys out! It's a good way to make some players want to leave, your still going to stink like rotten fish again this year.

Captain Obvious
08-17-2005, 06:09 PM

Saban wants fighters, he wants that killer look. And it's great that he is calling these guys out!
Saban is a great psychologist, Saban is a great reader of people, he can turn water into wine, he can walk on water, blah blah blah blah blah. God I'm sick of it. He's never been a HC in the NFL. Some people in the national media and some finfans should wait until he wins a SB before comparing him to Moses.

NJFINSFAN1
08-17-2005, 06:26 PM
Saban is a great psychologist, Saban is a great reader of people, he can turn water into wine, he can walk on water, blah blah blah blah blah. God I'm sick of it. He's never been a HC in the NFL. Some people in the national media and some finfans should wait until he wins a SB before comparing him to Moses.
Put it this way like I said, would you rather have Wanny and the way he coached the players? Or the way Saban has so far?

Take off your Bills glasses for one moment, and look at it like a football fan. It's a no brainer, why wouldn't Fin fans be excited with what he has done so far???

Yes he needs to win on the field, but I'm very happy so far!

Captain Obvious
08-17-2005, 06:41 PM
Put it this way like I said, would you rather have Wanny and the way he coached the players? Or the way Saban has so far?

Take off your Bills glasses for one moment, and look at it like a football fan. It's a no brainer, why wouldn't Fin fans be excited with what he has done so far???

Yes he needs to win on the field, but I'm very happy so far!
I understand what you are saying and why you would be optimistic. Tell me specifically what he has done to be talked about in "messianic" ways.

NJFINSFAN1
08-17-2005, 07:07 PM
I understand what you are saying and why you would be optimistic. Tell me specifically what he has done to be talked about in "messianic" ways.

I think some fans have gone overboard, but can you blame them after years with Wanny?

He was not my first choice, I wanted Brad Childress, but seeing how he runs the team, and commands respect and demands the best from his players and nothing less, I love it. He has won over the Vets already (I can post quotes) and is pushing the rookies.

Even JJ was a waste when he was here (yes a few good drafts) but he was so full of himself, he forgot how to coach.

Look at the staff Saban has put together. Maybe looking at it in a messianic way is wrong, but can you blame some of us?

Saban has done wonders in my eyes so far, but I still want to see the product on the field also.

feelthepain
08-17-2005, 07:20 PM
I understand what you are saying and why you would be optimistic. Tell me specifically what he has done to be talked about in "messianic" ways.There are so many big differences between Saban and Wanny, it's not even funny. Here is a start to answer your question, Fiedler is gone!! that alone puts him in the "god" category in my book. But seriously we went from being around 12 million over the cap to well under. We have Houck and Linehan isntead of the joke coaching staff from last year, we have probably from what I'm reading the best camp in the league as far as being organized and focused. He drafted R.Brown and brought back R.Williams, he got rid of a bunch of dead weight on D excluding Surtain!! He brought in players that will fit int his 3-4 system, he has the D unprdictable and lots more plays then years past. I could go on and on, but you'll have to wait to you see it first hand whne Saban sends the the whole D after JP!!:stretcher

Bulldog
08-17-2005, 07:39 PM
There are so many big differences between Saban and Wanny, it's not even funny. Here is a start to answer your question, Fiedler is gone!! that alone puts him in the "god" category in my book. But seriously we went from being around 12 million over the cap to well under. We have Houck and Linehan isntead of the joke coaching staff from last year, we have probably from what I'm reading the best camp in the league as far as being organized and focused. He drafted R.Brown and brought back R.Williams, he got rid of a bunch of dead weight on D excluding Surtain!! He brought in players that will fit int his 3-4 system, he has the D unprdictable and lots more plays then years past. I could go on and on, but you'll have to wait to you see it first hand whne Saban sends the the whole D after JP!!:stretcher

Considering who the starting CB's are for Miami, I wouldn't be so quick to say that Surtain was dead weight. I know this much, Miami would better off with Surtain than without him. The secondary is going to prevent Miami from being a dominant unit. I for one think Saban will be a successful coach. It's just going to take some time to clean up the mess he was left with.

NJFINSFAN1
08-17-2005, 10:25 PM
Considering who the starting CB's are for Miami, I wouldn't be so quick to say that Surtain was dead weight. I know this much, Miami would better off with Surtain than without him. The secondary is going to prevent Miami from being a dominant unit. I for one think Saban will be a successful coach. It's just going to take some time to clean up the mess he was left with.

FeelThePain and I don't see eye to eye on much besides wanting the Fins to win, but he said excluding Surtain, not including.:crap:

Samphin1
08-18-2005, 01:27 AM
Well, if you look closely, Saban parts water just like Moses. Plus, I believe he was a carpenter in his younger days so...

Honestly, I like the way Saban approaches his players. Jason Taylor was a skeptic but is now completely in favor of having Saban. I like that he isn't afraid to do things like blow up a good defense to put in his scheme. Wanny caved in to pressure. His players would put themselves in and then get injured for the season. He baisaclly was threatoned by a few coaches that they would quit if he hired Trestman to be the OC. Something tells me Saban wouldn't have that what so ever.