PDA

View Full Version : Moulds in the slot, Parrish on the outside

Kerr
08-17-2005, 12:50 PM
From Profootballweeky.com

While speedy rookie WR Roscoe Parrish will likely play out of the slot most of the time for the Bills this season, we hear that they are also looking at lining him out wide on occasion and moving Eric Moulds into the slot. That alignment would give the Bills two blazers (Parrish and Lee Evans) outside, with the big, strong Moulds hoping to exploit a mismatch inside.

It's good that they're trying to mix it up and just not line up Parrish in the slot all the time. His speed would also be a great asset on the outside as well.

Mr. Cynical
08-17-2005, 12:53 PM
Not a bad idea, especially as Moulds slows down.

casdhf
08-17-2005, 12:53 PM
I like that idea alot, you mix Moulds against any 3rd CB in this league and he'll catch 120 balls.

DraftBoy
08-17-2005, 01:10 PM
Interesting idea, but how often will we go 3 wide? That means either no TE or no FB and until the line proves otherwise I think we need all the blockers we can get back there to save JP till the line jells. Plus this idea wouldnt go into effect until when? Week 5 at the earliest? depending on Roscoe's injury.

Shasta McNasty
08-17-2005, 01:19 PM
This formation makes a lot of sense. Creates more downfield chances, quick mismatches for Moulds and of course trick plays. We could see a lot of this after Roscoe has been back for a few games.

FlyingDutchman
08-17-2005, 01:21 PM
One negative is Parrish has a tough time on occasions with bump coverage. Youll see Roscoe go in motion a lot this year to free him up off the snap....That would be pretty sweet though to see those to speedsters open the middle of the field.....

FreddyvsJason
08-17-2005, 01:36 PM
Why did he have to get hurt? It's always the good players that go down at least on this team.

HHURRICANE
08-17-2005, 02:29 PM
Why did he have to get hurt? It's always the good players that go down at least on this team.
Agreed. the whole topic is pretty much a waste as I doubt we see Parish before December.

HHURRICANE
08-17-2005, 02:29 PM
Agreed. The whole topic is pretty much a waste as I doubt we see Parish before December.

Tatonka
08-17-2005, 03:01 PM
december?? why do you think it will be that long?

ublinkwescore
08-17-2005, 03:30 PM
from what I heard he's only supposed to be out for like 4-8 weeks - meaning we could have him back by week 1 if we're lucky.

FlyingDutchman
08-17-2005, 05:46 PM
from what I heard he's only supposed to be out for like 4-8 weeks - meaning we could have him back by week 1 if we're lucky.

agreed, I was just reading about it in the newspaper. While they dont set a time table, they do give a rough estimation of a return EARLY in the season. Everybody relax, he'll be on the field before October, I promise. (I keep my promises)

Bill Brasky
08-17-2005, 08:19 PM
This is probably the best way to set the receivers in this offense.

I think Moulds, with those guys burning the outsides, could do some major damage in the slot.

Not that it matters, but I've tried running those WR sets on Madden and it defenitely works a lot better than having Parrish in the slot... he's more useful in the same capacity as Evans.

Tinboy
08-18-2005, 01:14 AM
It's sounds like a good idea, perhaps something we will use in two years time.

vicmantak
08-18-2005, 01:28 AM
Interesting idea, but how often will we go 3 wide? That means either no TE or no FB and until the line proves otherwise I think we need all the blockers we can get back there to save JP till the line jells. Plus this idea wouldnt go into effect until when? Week 5 at the earliest? depending on Roscoe's injury.More frequent than you think. If you don't have reliable TE's that are good enough to open the field... the only real weapon that you can bring is the slot reciever.

I love this idea and I suggested it several times before. No situational CB is ahead of the 6-0 and with Moulds as the biggest and poisonous target on the WR corps... his experience, his blocking skills and outstanding aggressiveness simply make him the best threat on the inside.