• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BFBills
    "That will be Nate Clements third Pic of the day!"
    • Oct 2002

people dont want hockey back?

how is hockey gonna get better if people dont go to support our teams...you people call your selfs fans, you sound like some fair weather fans to be. dont be all...i sat through this team since 1970, dont call me a fair weather fan...your not staying WHEN THE TEAM NEEDS YOU THE MOST. i feel so depressed when i see all the empty seats at the offasional games in the past, but from im hearing people will boy cott it and attendance will be lower... REMEBER THE TRADITION...i grew up during the billsa and later the sabres dominance, i am spoiled i guesse, but you guys need to relize that there will be no sabres next year if yo dont buy this year. but im not buying your excuses either. You say that the sabres havent done enough this season to get you back...two years ago, with a young team, we almost made the playoffs. now we get rid of a puck hog, streay player, and an inconsistant defensemen, and pick up another inconsistan defensmen, so it basiacly evens out. we resigned our corp of young talent...i dont get it... the sabres will make the play offs you see....thank you
    "BillsZone.com some of the most uhhhh....some of the smartest football talkers I've ever ever talked to"...Voltron...

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    MIKE IS NICE!!!!!!!!!!!MIKE IS NICE!!!!!MIKE IS NICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Fairway
    • Jul 2002

Re: people dont want hockey back?

I really don't care if your don't "buy our excuses" If you want to go see them, then go. The Buffalo Sabres are a business. Businesses have to make people want to patronize them. When the Sabres do that I'll go back to games. Until then....................who cares

Comment

• SABURZFAN
      short bus extraordinaire
      • Jul 2002

people talked junk when baseball went on strike.they hollered how they could care less,i won't be back,yada...yada...yada....

guess what?they're back.it'll be the same with hockey.
      Originally posted by yordad
      Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• Fairway
        • Jul 2002

Baseball and hockey don't compare. Baseball actually had a fan base to come back.

Comment

• SABURZFAN
          short bus extraordinaire
          • Jul 2002

they'll be back.
          Originally posted by yordad
          Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• Fairway
            • Jul 2002

If the Sabres win they will. If not...........they will continue to play in a half empty arena just like they were before the lockout.

Comment

• JD
              Sabres Zone
              • Sep 2003

Check out the poll at sabres.com

Poll Numbers....

At least some people plan on attending games, I can almost garauntee that we wont sellout more than 12 games this year.....I say that many because the canadian fans will fill up the seats for us.......

I will watch the sabres as I always do, just because i dont like their decisions doesnt mean i wont be a fan.

“You hold a players only meeting and get each guy to stand up and say what he can bring to the table... and if he doesn't, you punch him in the face.” ~~ Harry Neale, on how to fix the Sabres season.

Comment

• The_Philster
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by SABURZFAN
                people talked junk when baseball went on strike.they hollered how they could care less,i won't be back,yada...yada...yada....guess what?they're back.it'll be the same with hockey.
                not all of us went back
                The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• Devin
                  The Octagon
                  • Apr 2003

I didnt go back to baseball, and I highly doubt I will hockey.

Whiney athletes, ****ty owners. Screw em all to be honest.
                  http://gridironjunkies.net/forums/index.php

Comment

• Fairway
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by JD SabreFan
                    Check out the poll at sabres.com

I can almost garauntee that we wont sellout more than 12 games this year....
                    :

They'll sell out the Leaf games. That'll prolly be it

Comment

• Bill Brasky
                      Drives an ice cream truck covered in human skulls
                      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by BFBills
                      your not staying WHEN THE TEAM NEEDS YOU THE MOST. i feel so depressed when i see all the empty seats at the offasional games in the past, but from im hearing people will boy cott it and attendance will be lower...
                      You think fans will boycott games? Makes sense, considering the players and owners pretty much boycotted and abandoned the fans this past year by not even having a season. "The team needs us"... what about when the fans needed their hockey last season? They didn't care about the fans last year when they cancelled the season, why should anybody care about them? Not saying that's my personal feeling, but that's how many feel.

They were the ones responsible for the empty arenas this past season. The fans had nothing to do with that.

Now they want us to come flooding the gates like they never left?

The fans didn't ruin the game, the owners and players did... now they want the fans to fix it? They damn well better give incentives! I forget who posted it, but he was right when saying the Sabres are a business... and they have given the fans no reason to give them business this season. They sat mum through one of the most exciting FA periods the game has ever seen and they slashed ticket prices only moderately. Which would you rather do - spend $250 on Bills season tickets knowing they're going to put a better product on the market and maybe steal a playoff spot, or a couple grand for Sabres seasons tickets where they play in a revamped and reloaded division full of teams that could kick the **** out of them. Oh yeah, they dumped their highest scoring player and one of their better defensemen and have yet to address those needs.

I'm as big of a Sabres fan as the next guy, but they've sucked for years and have shown absolutely no pulse in a wide-open FA market, and I think that's where they problem lies with most fans. Buffalo has sucked, along with a few other teams, for several years now, but the only difference is this offseason those other teams improved drastically. The Sabres sat around with their thumb up their ass like the lockout was still taking place.

Living 7 hours away, I can't possibly travel to support 2 teams that have sucked for almost 6 years now... that being said, I'll allot my money towards the Bills this year since they are at least trying to improve. Until the Sabres show they want to win and give the fans something to get excited about, I'll forego season tickets and only attend a few games when they come to the Garden or Nassau. I don't think that makes me a fairweather fan at all.

Comment

• Don Cherry
                        BFZ Hockey Commissioner
                        • Oct 2002

Originally posted by BFBills
                        ...i sat through this team since 1970, dont call me a fair weather fan...
                        Since 1970? Were you a 20 year old fetus?

View Profile: BFBills

BFBills
                        "That will be Nate Clements third Pic of the day!"
                        Last Activity: Today 08:40 PM

Additional InformationGroup Memberships
                        Birthday:
                        September 17, 1990
                        How did you find our site?:
                        on the "official board"
                        Biography:
                        8th grade Albionite
                        Interests:
                        Da Bills and Sabres!

Comment

• Bill Brasky
                          Drives an ice cream truck covered in human skulls
                          • Jan 2004

haha... i was wondering why a guy claiming to be that old typed so poorly.

Comment

• BironsGirl43
                            Can suck a golf-ball through a garden-hose.
                            • Oct 2002

I'll definately be going to the games and supporting the boys.. but that's because I love the game. I'm putting all that owner vs players crap behind me. I missed hockey too much to let that stop me from enjoying the game that I love. But that isn't to say that I wasn't mad about how ******ed the feud was. It's in the past now.. GAMEEEEE ON
                            ~*Let's go Buffalo*~

Comment

• pyrrhonist
                              • Sep 2003

Originally posted by jfreeman
                              I'm as big of a Sabres fan as the next guy, but they've sucked for years and have shown absolutely no pulse in a wide-open FA market, and I think that's where they problem lies with most fans. Buffalo has sucked, along with a few other teams, for several years now, but the only difference is this offseason those other teams improved drastically. The Sabres sat around with their thumb up their ass like the lockout was still taking place.
                              I wish I could give you rep more than once, but you've hit the nail exactly on the head with your post, mon ami.

There are quite a few apologists for the Sabres franchise on this board. I am a huge Sabres fan, and have been since I saw my first taped game, shipped from the East Coast. This team has always had its ups & downs....what team doesn't? I have even stuck with them through the dark times these past few seasons, thanks to the idiot Rigass screwing the team over. I figured that one day, the team would come out of the dark times. Enter Golisano, and some $$, finally. Then, the NHL goes into the lockout. I sided with the owners, figuring that a Salary Cap would level the playing field, and all of the so-called "small market" teams would finally be able to fairly bid with the Avs, Wings, Flyers, Leafs, & Stars. Well, the CBA got signed, and all of the small market teams are bidding----Except Buffalo. The Pens moved to get Gonchar, LeClair, and Palffy. Columbus got Foote, and Brian Berard. Even Florida has signed free agents. And Buffalo? Well, they signed aging blueliner Teppo Numminen! Could've had Hamrlik, Kariya, Palffy, and others, but nah, they'll just stand pat, because the last Buffalo team on the ice did so well!

It's not about being a fairweather fan at all. Losing is one thing, but seeing a team that finally has the fair playing field it's always wanted just sits on its ass and do nothing is shameful. I'm tired of Darcy's same old story that he cries out each and every year. I have stuck with this team through the losing seasons, the winning seasons, the "foot in the crease" season, and even through almost losing it to bankruptcy. And what do we get rewarded with----The same old crap. It's tiresome.

Comment

Working...
                              X