PDA

View Full Version : people dont want hockey back?

BFBills
08-17-2005, 01:47 PM
how is hockey gonna get better if people dont go to support our teams...you people call your selfs fans, you sound like some fair weather fans to be. dont be all...i sat through this team since 1970, dont call me a fair weather fan...your not staying WHEN THE TEAM NEEDS YOU THE MOST. i feel so depressed when i see all the empty seats at the offasional games in the past, but from im hearing people will boy cott it and attendance will be lower... REMEBER THE TRADITION...i grew up during the billsa and later the sabres dominance, i am spoiled i guesse, but you guys need to relize that there will be no sabres next year if yo dont buy this year. :sorry: but im not buying your excuses either. You say that the sabres havent done enough this season to get you back...two years ago, with a young team, we almost made the playoffs. now we get rid of a puck hog, streay player, and an inconsistant defensemen, and pick up another inconsistan defensmen, so it basiacly evens out. we resigned our corp of young talent...i dont get it... the sabres will make the play offs you see....thank you

Novacane
08-17-2005, 01:57 PM
I really don't care if your don't "buy our excuses" If you want to go see them, then go. The Buffalo Sabres are a business. Businesses have to make people want to patronize them. When the Sabres do that I'll go back to games. Until then....................who cares

SABURZFAN
08-17-2005, 02:27 PM
people talked junk when baseball went on strike.they hollered how they could care less,i won't be back,yada...yada...yada....

guess what?they're back.it'll be the same with hockey.

Novacane
08-17-2005, 02:32 PM
Baseball and hockey don't compare. Baseball actually had a fan base to come back.

SABURZFAN
08-17-2005, 02:38 PM
they'll be back.

Novacane
08-17-2005, 02:48 PM
If the Sabres win they will. If not...........they will continue to play in a half empty arena just like they were before the lockout.

JD
08-17-2005, 04:21 PM
Check out the poll at sabres.com

Poll Numbers.... (http://sabres.com/polls.

cfm?pid=12)

At least some people plan on attending games, I can almost garauntee that we wont sellout more than 12 games this year.....I say that many because the canadian fans will fill up the seats for us.......

I will watch the sabres as I always do, just because i dont like their decisions doesnt mean i wont be a fan.

:D:

The_Philster
08-17-2005, 06:41 PM
people talked junk when baseball went on strike.they hollered how they could care less,i won't be back,yada...yada...yada....guess what?they're back.it'll be the same with hockey.not all of us went back

Devin
08-17-2005, 07:05 PM
I didnt go back to baseball, and I highly doubt I will hockey.

Whiney athletes, ****ty owners. Screw em all to be honest.

Novacane
08-17-2005, 08:47 PM
Check out the poll at sabres.com

I can almost garauntee that we wont sellout more than 12 games this year....
:

They'll sell out the Leaf games. That'll prolly be it

Bill Brasky
08-17-2005, 08:53 PM
your not staying WHEN THE TEAM NEEDS YOU THE MOST. i feel so depressed when i see all the empty seats at the offasional games in the past, but from im hearing people will boy cott it and attendance will be lower...
You think fans will boycott games? Makes sense, considering the players and owners pretty much boycotted and abandoned the fans this past year by not even having a season. "The team needs us"... what about when the fans needed their hockey last season? They didn't care about the fans last year when they cancelled the season, why should anybody care about them? Not saying that's my personal feeling, but that's how many feel.

They were the ones responsible for the empty arenas this past season. The fans had nothing to do with that.

Now they want us to come flooding the gates like they never left?

The fans didn't ruin the game, the owners and players did... now they want the fans to fix it? They damn well better give incentives! I forget who posted it, but he was right when saying the Sabres are a business... and they have given the fans no reason to give them business this season. They sat mum through one of the most exciting FA periods the game has ever seen and they slashed ticket prices only moderately. Which would you rather do - spend $250 on Bills season tickets knowing they're going to put a better product on the market and maybe steal a playoff spot, or a couple grand for Sabres seasons tickets where they play in a revamped and reloaded division full of teams that could kick the **** out of them. Oh yeah, they dumped their highest scoring player and one of their better defensemen and have yet to address those needs.

I'm as big of a Sabres fan as the next guy, but they've sucked for years and have shown absolutely no pulse in a wide-open FA market, and I think that's where they problem lies with most fans. Buffalo has sucked, along with a few other teams, for several years now, but the only difference is this offseason those other teams improved drastically. The Sabres sat around with their thumb up their ass like the lockout was still taking place.

Living 7 hours away, I can't possibly travel to support 2 teams that have sucked for almost 6 years now... that being said, I'll allot my money towards the Bills this year since they are at least trying to improve. Until the Sabres show they want to win and give the fans something to get excited about, I'll forego season tickets and only attend a few games when they come to the Garden or Nassau. I don't think that makes me a fairweather fan at all.

Don Cherry
08-17-2005, 10:33 PM
...i sat through this team since 1970, dont call me a fair weather fan...
Since 1970? Were you a 20 year old fetus?

<TABLE class=tborder cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=3 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=tcat>View Profile: BFBills</TD></TR><TR><TD class=alt2><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: #000000 1px solid" width="100%" colSpan=2>
<!-- BEGIN TEMPLATE: postbit_reputation -->http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/images/reputation/reputation_pos.gif <!-- END TEMPLATE: postbit_reputation --><!-- BEGIN TEMPLATE: postbit_reputation -->http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/images/reputation/reputation_pos.gif <!-- END TEMPLATE: postbit_reputation -->

BFBills
"That will be Nate Clements third Pic of the day!"
</TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD>http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/image.php?u=467&dateline=1035409259</TD><TD class=smallfont vAlign=bottom align=right>Last Activity: Today 08:40 PM
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
<TABLE class=tborder cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=3 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=tcat width="50%">Additional Information</TD><TD class=tcat width="50%">Group Memberships</TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD class=panelsurround align=middle>
<TABLE cellSpacing=3 cellPadding=0 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD>Birthday:
September 17, 1990 </TD></TR><!-- BEGIN TEMPLATE: memberinfo_customfields --><TR><TD>How did you find our site?:
on the "official board" </TD></TR><!-- END TEMPLATE: memberinfo_customfields --><!-- BEGIN TEMPLATE: memberinfo_customfields --><TR><TD>Biography:
8th grade Albionite </TD></TR><!-- END TEMPLATE: memberinfo_customfields --><!-- BEGIN TEMPLATE: memberinfo_customfields --><TR><TD>Location:
Albion </TD></TR><!-- END TEMPLATE: memberinfo_customfields --><!-- BEGIN TEMPLATE: memberinfo_customfields --><TR><TD>Interests:
Da Bills and Sabres! </TD></TR><!-- END TEMPLATE: memberinfo_customfields --><!-- BEGIN TEMPLATE: memberinfo_customfields --><!-- END TEMPLATE: memberinfo_customfields --></TBODY></TABLE>

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Bill Brasky
08-17-2005, 11:22 PM
haha... i was wondering why a guy claiming to be that old typed so poorly.

BironsGirl43
08-17-2005, 11:30 PM
I'll definately be going to the games and supporting the boys.. but that's because I love the game. I'm putting all that owner vs players crap behind me. I missed hockey too much to let that stop me from enjoying the game that I love. But that isn't to say that I wasn't mad about how ******ed the feud was. It's in the past now.. GAMEEEEE ON

pyrrhonist
08-18-2005, 12:23 AM
I'm as big of a Sabres fan as the next guy, but they've sucked for years and have shown absolutely no pulse in a wide-open FA market, and I think that's where they problem lies with most fans. Buffalo has sucked, along with a few other teams, for several years now, but the only difference is this offseason those other teams improved drastically. The Sabres sat around with their thumb up their ass like the lockout was still taking place.

I wish I could give you rep more than once, but you've hit the nail exactly on the head with your post, mon ami.

There are quite a few apologists for the Sabres franchise on this board. I am a huge Sabres fan, and have been since I saw my first taped game, shipped from the East Coast. This team has always had its ups & downs....what team doesn't? I have even stuck with them through the dark times these past few seasons, thanks to the idiot Rigass screwing the team over. I figured that one day, the team would come out of the dark times. Enter Golisano, and some $$, finally. Then, the NHL goes into the lockout. I sided with the owners, figuring that a Salary Cap would level the playing field, and all of the so-called "small market" teams would finally be able to fairly bid with the Avs, Wings, Flyers, Leafs, & Stars. Well, the CBA got signed, and all of the small market teams are bidding----Except Buffalo. The Pens moved to get Gonchar, LeClair, and Palffy. Columbus got Foote, and Brian Berard. Even Florida has signed free agents. And Buffalo? Well, they signed aging blueliner Teppo Numminen! Could've had Hamrlik, Kariya, Palffy, and others, but nah, they'll just stand pat, because the last Buffalo team on the ice did so well! :rolleyes:

It's not about being a fairweather fan at all. Losing is one thing, but seeing a team that finally has the fair playing field it's always wanted just sits on its ass and do nothing is shameful. I'm tired of Darcy's same old story that he cries out each and every year. I have stuck with this team through the losing seasons, the winning seasons, the "foot in the crease" season, and even through almost losing it to bankruptcy. And what do we get rewarded with----The same old crap. It's tiresome.

SABURZFAN
08-18-2005, 02:20 AM
not all of us went back

you don't count. :mad:

Michael82
08-18-2005, 03:41 AM
You think fans will boycott games? Makes sense, considering the players and owners pretty much boycotted and abandoned the fans this past year by not even having a season. "The team needs us"... what about when the fans needed their hockey last season? They didn't care about the fans last year when they cancelled the season, why should anybody care about them? Not saying that's my personal feeling, but that's how many feel.

They were the ones responsible for the empty arenas this past season. The fans had nothing to do with that.

Now they want us to come flooding the gates like they never left?

The fans didn't ruin the game, the owners and players did... now they want the fans to fix it? They damn well better give incentives! I forget who posted it, but he was right when saying the Sabres are a business... and they have given the fans no reason to give them business this season. They sat mum through one of the most exciting FA periods the game has ever seen and they slashed ticket prices only moderately. Which would you rather do - spend $250 on Bills season tickets knowing they're going to put a better product on the market and maybe steal a playoff spot, or a couple grand for Sabres seasons tickets where they play in a revamped and reloaded division full of teams that could kick the **** out of them. Oh yeah, they dumped their highest scoring player and one of their better defensemen and have yet to address those needs.

Living 7 hours away, I can't possibly travel to support 2 teams that have sucked for almost 6 years now... that being said, I'll allot my money towards the Bills this year since they are at least trying to improve. Until the Sabres show they want to win and give the fans something to get excited about, I'll forego season tickets and only attend a few games when they come to the Garden or Nassau. I don't think that makes me a fairweather fan at all.
GREAT POST! :bf1:

:posrep:

Turf
08-18-2005, 05:50 AM
The typical I won't be a fan until they win mentality just exemplifies why Buffalo is becoming a poor sports town that can't afford a team. The small market is more a cheap mentality here than anything else.
I don't like the way the team has been handled since the early nineties. But I'll always be a fan, and watch every game I can and go when I can.

Michael82
08-18-2005, 06:30 AM
I don't like the way the team has been handled since the early nineties. But I'll always be a fan, and watch every game I can and go when I can.
and that's the reason why Darcy Regier is still here and why he can get away with not even talking to the top FAs that were available and would have made this team better. :::

Philagape
08-18-2005, 07:37 AM
I'll maybe go to one game for the experience, hopefully to see Pittsburgh. But you have to question the Sabres' commitment to winning when they announced that their payroll would be $10 mil under the cap. I've seen some defenders of that "strategy" say we should avoid cap hell in the future, but considering we brought almost everyone back on one-year contracts, I think the future has nothing to do with it. We're simply a cheap-ass team that's too stupid to realize that putting out a crappy product is bad for business.

THATHURMANATOR
08-18-2005, 08:10 AM
how is hockey gonna get better if people dont go to support our teams...you people call your selfs fans, you sound like some fair weather fans to be. dont be all...i sat through this team since 1970, dont call me a fair weather fan...your not staying WHEN THE TEAM NEEDS YOU THE MOST. i feel so depressed when i see all the empty seats at the offasional games in the past, but from im hearing people will boy cott it and attendance will be lower... REMEBER THE TRADITION...i grew up during the billsa and later the sabres dominance, i am spoiled i guesse, but you guys need to relize that there will be no sabres next year if yo dont buy this year. :sorry: but im not buying your excuses either. You say that the sabres havent done enough this season to get you back...two years ago, with a young team, we almost made the playoffs. now we get rid of a puck hog, streay player, and an inconsistant defensemen, and pick up another inconsistan defensmen, so it basiacly evens out. we resigned our corp of young talent...i dont get it... the sabres will make the play offs you see....thank you

What are you talking about man? I guarantee attendance will be up this year. I am kinda agreeing with you on the young team too. I would like to add another defenseman though....

Sabre Ally
08-18-2005, 08:34 AM
not all of us went back

I bet if they had cheerleaders you'd be there. :chuckle:

JD
08-18-2005, 04:39 PM
What are you talking about man? I guarantee attendance will be up this year. I am kinda agreeing with you on the young team too. I would like to add another defenseman though....

I bet you 50$ that attendance will be down this year.

:attn:

The_Philster
08-18-2005, 06:35 PM
I bet if they had cheerleaders you'd be there. :chuckle:cheerleaders would be the only reason to go..baseball is boring...football..exciting...lacrosse..exciting..hockey...can be exciting...basketball..can be exciting

BFBills
08-18-2005, 09:10 PM
haha... i was wondering why a guy claiming to be that old typed so poorly.
i never claimed to be old.maybe if you read all the way through the post, but i know thats hard to do ...btw thats wrong now im in 10th!

Novacane
08-18-2005, 09:22 PM
Since 1970? Were you a 20 year old fetus?

<TABLE class=tborder cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=3 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=tcat>View Profile: BFBills</TD></TR><TR><TD class=alt2><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: #000000 1px solid" width="100%" colSpan=2>
<!-- BEGIN TEMPLATE: postbit_reputation -->http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/images/reputation/reputation_pos.gif <!-- END TEMPLATE: postbit_reputation --><!-- BEGIN TEMPLATE: postbit_reputation -->http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/images/reputation/reputation_pos.gif <!-- END TEMPLATE: postbit_reputation -->

BFBills
"That will be Nate Clements third Pic of the day!"
</TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD>http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/image.php?u=467&dateline=1035409259</TD><TD class=smallfont vAlign=bottom align=right>Last Activity: Today 08:40 PM
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
<TABLE class=tborder cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=3 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=tcat width="50%">Additional Information</TD><TD class=tcat width="50%">Group Memberships</TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD class=panelsurround align=middle>
<TABLE cellSpacing=3 cellPadding=0 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD>Birthday:
September 17, 1990 </TD></TR><!-- BEGIN TEMPLATE: memberinfo_customfields --><TR><TD>How did you find our site?:
on the "official board" </TD></TR><!-- END TEMPLATE: memberinfo_customfields --><!-- BEGIN TEMPLATE: memberinfo_customfields --><TR><TD>Biography:
8th grade Albionite </TD></TR><!-- END TEMPLATE: memberinfo_customfields --><!-- BEGIN TEMPLATE: memberinfo_customfields --><TR><TD>Location:
Albion </TD></TR><!-- END TEMPLATE: memberinfo_customfields --><!-- BEGIN TEMPLATE: memberinfo_customfields --><TR><TD>Interests:
Da Bills and Sabres! </TD></TR><!-- END TEMPLATE: memberinfo_customfields --><!-- BEGIN TEMPLATE: memberinfo_customfields --><!-- END TEMPLATE: memberinfo_customfields --></TBODY></TABLE>

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

:rofl: good catch. So we are being told to go buy tickets by a little kid who gets his tickets bought for him by mommy and daddy :rolleyes:

BuffaloRanger
08-18-2005, 11:52 PM
I understand BFBills exuberance. He's young and he loves his team. I love the Sabres also. But what have they done this offseason? It's amazing that the only FA thye signed was Numinem. Really. This team wasn't good enough to make the playoffs...listen the argument has been posted a hundred times already. I won't repeat it.

Think about how bad this really could become.

If attendence goes up, Darcy and Company think that they can get away with fielding a poor team (this team won't make the playoffs - too many other teams have improved)

If attendence goes down, the team loses even more money, then they claim they have to lower team salary just to break even next year.

BFBills
08-19-2005, 09:51 AM
why dont i ever get respec, just because im young? im sure that i know more about sports then many people in this forum (no one in particular)...btw i buy my own tickets

BuffaloRanger
08-20-2005, 12:05 AM
Well we blame your age for your point of view. How else could we explain how you think the sabres have improved by losing Satan (not the puckhog you claim) and Z? Losing these players for nothing was stupid. Darcy claimed he was letting Satan go to free up money for the Defense. OK, whatever. The he let Z go. OK, so that's roughly 7 mil saved. The he spends 2 mil on a 1 year contract on Numinem. That's it? That was the masterplan developed for the last 6 months?

The sabres are more likely to be the worst team in the Eastern conf than a playoff team.

BFBills
08-23-2005, 11:22 PM
last year was satans worst year by far