• Show
Clear All
  • SABURZFAN
    short bus extraordinaire
    • Jul 2002

IS GOLISANO...

the next john y brown?
    Originally posted by yordad
    Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.
  • chernobylwraiths
    • Jan 2003

Re: IS GOLISANO...

I here he is going to run for Governor again. This time as a Republican.

Comment

• SABURZFAN
      short bus extraordinaire
      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by chernobylwraiths
      I here he is going to run for Governor again. This time as a Republican.
      i could care less.the Spin Zone is in another area of this board.i'm just wondering if golisano's penny-pinching ways are going to lead to another Buffalo Braves incident.
      Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• TheGhostofJimKelly
        • May 2003

The way the team is entering this "new" NHL era, I am really thinking they won't be in Buffalo in five years.

Comment

• Dozerdog
          In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by SABURZFAN
          i could care less.the Spin Zone is in another area of this board.i'm just wondering if golisano's penny-pinching ways are going to lead to another Buffalo Braves incident.
          Don't be ******ed.

John Y Brown wasn't from the region and only got the team after screwing up the Celtics. He was clueless. And a carpetbagger- he never intended on building a Buffalo winner.

Golisano will be spending about 28 million on a team filled with young talent. Wait untill we see what every team spends. If the Sabres come in around mid pack ( somewhere between 15-20th in the league) I can't see where the basis of this is.

If the Sabres are in the bottom five in team salary- then break out the cheese and enjoy the whine.

Comment

• BuffaloRanger
            WORK HARD. PLAY HARD. LIVE HARD.
            • Mar 2003

I thought TG's interest in the Sabres was motivated by something other than his love of hockey in Buffalo. He knew nothing about Hockey when he bought them. It was either to make money or become more visible (get votes) for his second run at gov. What's the definition of carpetbagger again?

Can you honestly say TG is looking to build a winner in Buffalo judging from this offseason? Crossing your fingers and hoping young (AKA cheap) talent blossums is not "building a winner."

I think Dozer secretly works for TG.
            Buffalo Only and Always.

Comment

• Dozerdog

Administrator Emeritus
              • Jul 2002

Golisano just got the team - he's had it what- one season?

I guess he's just got to spend every penny up to the cap before the season starts to be considered serious in everyone's eyes. The concept of paying out whaty you bring in is lost. The whole thing is supposed to be Billionaire welfare.

Let's just put every frigghin' post in this forum on a loop.

Golisano is cheap, Darcy is inept...Ruff sucks, and all the Sabres success in the past decade was a fluke with Hasek.......Golisano is cheap, Darcy is inept...Ruff sucks, and all the Sabres success in the past decade was a fluke with Hasek.......Golisano is cheap, Darcy is inept...Ruff sucks, and all the Sabres success in the past decade was a fluke with Hasek.......Golisano is cheap, Darcy is inept...Ruff sucks, and all the Sabres success in the past decade was a fluke with Hasek.......Golisano is cheap, Darcy is inept...Ruff sucks, and all the Sabres success in the past decade was a fluke with Hasek.......

Comment

• Dozerdog

Administrator Emeritus
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by BuffaloRanger

No- i'm just not a whiner every time a Buffalo team decides to build within instead of buying their way to the top with flashy signings.

Comment

• Turf
                  • Jul 2002

I thought TG's interest in the Sabres was motivated by something other than his love of hockey in Buffalo. He knew nothing about Hockey when he bought them. It was either to make money or become more visible (get votes) for his second run at gov. What's the definition of carpetbagger again?

Can you honestly say TG is looking to build a winner in Buffalo judging from this offseason? Crossing your fingers and hoping young (AKA cheap) talent blossums is not "building a winner."

I don't think TG understands the sport yet. And unfortunately, his right hand man Quinn is questionable at being his mentor.
                  Lou Saban: You can get it done, you can get it done. And what’s more, you’ve gotta get it done.

Comment

• SABURZFAN
                    short bus extraordinaire
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Dozerdog
                    Don't be ******ed.

Golisano will be spending about 28 million on a team filled with young talent. Wait untill we see what every team spends. If the Sabres come in around mid pack ( somewhere between 15-20th in the league) I can't see where the basis of this is.

If the Sabres are in the bottom five in team salary- then break out the cheese and enjoy the whine.

Dozer,i agree that we have a team of young talented players.add a couple of team needs,pump the the cap to about $34 million,and i think we're in the playoffs.

I guess he's just got to spend every penny up to the cap before the season starts to be considered serious in everyone's eyes.

it's usually nice to have about $5 million before the trade deadline.

Comment

• BuffaloRanger
                      • Mar 2003

No- i'm just not a whiner every time a Buffalo team decides to build within instead of buying their way to the top with flashy signings.

Buying their way to the top? How about buying their way into the playoffs first?

When they finish in 11th you can console yourself with the fact that at least they built from within.

Seriously how are Sabres building from within?
                      Bartovic and his 28 pts in Rochester? Paille and his 29 points?

Built from within = Vanekand maybe Pominvile. That's it. Very encouraging.
                      Last edited by BuffaloRanger; 08-20-2005, 07:09 PM.
                      Buffalo Only and Always.

Comment

• BuffaloRanger
                        • Mar 2003

Golisano just got the team - he's had it what- one season?

I guess he's just got to spend every penny up to the cap before the season starts to be considered serious in everyone's eyes. The concept of paying out whaty you bring in is lost. The whole thing is supposed to be Billionaire welfare.

Nobody is saying they have to spend every penny under the cap. Nobody has said that. Stop making things up to support your arguments. Most fans here wanted 34 mil.

For seasons the Sabres have whined about cost certainty. That is a fact. When they got the cap they proceeded to cut 7 mil in salary (Satan and Z) and added all of 2 mil in Numinem.

OK what happens when the sabres don't make the playoffs this season and lose 4 mil? Where is your concept of paying out what you bring in then? I guess the Sabres will have to cut 4 mil in team salary next season right? I mean isn't that what your theory dictates?

I look at the Sabres like I do a forclosed house. Unless you put in money to renovate it, it's value (team worth and team record) will not improve.
                        Buffalo Only and Always.

Comment

• TheGhostofJimKelly
                          • May 2003

Sorry, I usually agree with Doz, but not here. The Sabres didn't have to sign Peter Forsberg or Paul Kariya. But the fact that their name came up in no rumors or that they even looked at any free agents is what the media tells the fans, which was zero. You don't have to sell the game to the die hard fan that will go to hockey no matter what. You have to sell it to the average Joe sports fan in Buffalo. Just sitting there and doing nothing in the new small market viable NHL is a huge mistake. I can't see the Sabres making the playoffs this year and their attendance will be horrible. I know that they are saying that they are going to be "economically conscience" this year because the free agent pool next year will be great but you need to sell tickets this year too. I have said it before and I will say it again, I will wait until next year to buy tickets. Now I don't really hold Regier responsible. I am sure that when he said the Sabres will be in the market for a puck rushing defensman, he didn't expect NHL GMs to be as dumb as they were before the lockout and pay out stupid salaries. This will take a few years to figure out the cap, but some of the salaries paid out are ridiculous.

The Sabres aren't going to go over the $28.6 million threshold in order to get part of the revenue sharing. They will never hit $34 million because then they will have to pay out revenue sharing. The cap for the Sabres will always be 28.6 million.

Comment

• BuffaloRanger
                            • Mar 2003

34 mil will not cause them to pay out revenue. That wouldn't even put them in the top 10.

The sabres have done nothing to excite fans. If Darcy can pull off a trade in the next month (Wade Redden) and fix their goalie situation that will at least be something.
                            Buffalo Only and Always.

Comment

• TheGhostofJimKelly
                              • May 2003

34 mil will not cause them to pay out revenue. That wouldn't even put them in the top 10.

The sabres have done nothing to excite fans. If Darcy can pull off a trade in the next month (Wade Redden) and fix their goalie situation that will at least be something.
                              What???
                              The salary cap for revenue sharing teams in 28.6. If you go over that you do not get revenue sharing.

Comment

Working...
                              X