• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • northernbillfan
    Hello, I'm Mike and I'm a Bills fan.

Administrator Emeritus
    • Jul 2002

So

I'm somewhat optimistic, but deep down I know I need to be real. With the season ending run the Bills had in 2004, my expectations are somewhat higher than they truely should, or deserve to be, as I'm sure yours are.

The Buffalo Bills do enter the 2005 campaign with 20 of the starters they had last season, somewhat of an anomaly in modern day football, so they have a cohesive unit the get the ball rolling. These guys are hungry together knowing the weapons they have collectively. Reed and Moulds. Adams and Bannan. McGee and Clements. The list goes on with names and teammates who have been together for a few years.

One of the starters the Bills did lose was a number which shall never again pass my lips as a Buffalo Bills fan. Which leads to my trepidation. Does Losman have what it takes to be a starting QB in the NFL? Does he posses the chutzpah to get it done? I do take solace in knowing the team has Holcomb sitting on the bench. The front five should give Losman enough time. Hopefully.

I have no fears about our running game, just qualms about the QB.

What worries you about 2005?
    When I die, please don't let my wife sell my camera equipment for what I told her I paid for it.

• Tinboy
    • Aug 2004

Re: So

Losman consistency, he need to make a good read and throw accurate most of the time. Willis will be carrying the off but 3-4 times in the game Losman needs to step up and deliver.

3rd WR, see above. Losman need three good recievers to throw to, when it's 3rd and long do you trust Reed?

Frustration, if we have a couple of close game and lose them, will the guys be able to keep the cool and rember last season or will they start to slide.

The start of the season, we got Texans, Bucs, Falcons and Saints. That's 3-1 but what happens if we go 2-2 or 1-3

Comment

• Historian
      2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
      • Dec 2002

This is a good football team. I think they will go deep into the playoffs. And I don't give those compliments out casually...especially after three years of Gregg Williams.

My only concern is the kicking game. We may have to punt if its a long field goal, due to Lindell's lack of leg strength. That could cost us in a close game.

This team is going to surprise some of the 'experts'.

Comment

• Shasta McNasty
        • Feb 2003

7-9

Comment

• EDS
          • Jan 2003

I am feeling 10-6 or 11-5, but really alot will depend on Losman's development (he is the only really big question mark on the team in my opinion, with the possible exception of left tackle) and injuries.

I just feel it is a better team then last year. The good thing with Losman is he only has to be mediocre to replace what Bledsoe gave the Bills last year. Otherwise, I feel:

- the defense should be at least as good as last year if not better due to an improved secondary (health and experience);
          - special teams are solid, running game should only get better; and
          - receivers, especially if Parrish gets healthy and Evans continues to develop should be better.

Comment

• Philagape
            WIN NOW
            • Jul 2002

Cautiously optimistic.

Like Losman, love Willis, love the receivers (once Roscoe is back), love the D, love the ST, nervous about the O-line
            "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
            2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• Gunzlingr
              • Jul 2002

I say we do as well as last year, so 9-7
              You think you're hot **** in a champagne glass, but you're really cold diarrhea in a Dixie cup!

Comment

• Captain Obvious
                I can feel your anger.I can feel your hate. Give in to the DARK SIDE! With every neg you become MINE
                • Jul 2005

What concerns me is Rian Lindell.He's never attempted what I consider to be a "clutch" kick to win a game in his tenure here. How is he going to do if that situation presnts itself this season(and that situation will come up:close games throughout the season.)

Here to point out the obvious....

Comment

• justasportsfan
                  • Jul 2002

I expect playoffs. I'd b happy with wildcard.
                  sacrifice1
                  https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                    • Mar 2005

The OL will be fine. Our biggest question mark was LT and between Gandy and Peters it sounds like we are in pretty good shape. Quite frankly, we would not be talking contract extension with Clements if it wasn't.

The team is better than a year ago but are season is riding on one thing and one thing only. LOSMAN. It is that simple.

I am a huge Losman fan and wanted Bledsoe gone as soon as we drafted Losman. But to think that he couldn't do worse than Bledsoe is somewhat ridiculous. Losman's mobility is a strength and a curse. If he is not patient he will have receivers having to adjust all the time. This is going to throw off everyone's timing, especially Moulds. Scrambling QB's do much better with athletic receivers. Why do you think Losman liked Parish so much? He makes Losman look good because he catchs alot of junk. Our TEs are not going to make spectacular grabs so Losman has to be patient and put the ball where it needs to be.

Losman has admitted that he has to keep his high energy in check. I love this team and Losman. I really want a playoff run this year. It is all on LOSMAN!!

Comment

• Philagape
                      WIN NOW
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
                      The team is better than a year ago but are season is riding on one thing and one thing only. LOSMAN. It is that simple.
                      It's simply wrong. This team is about D and running game and ST, like it was last year. All Losman has to do is not lose games, and he'll make plays here and there that Drew couldn't.
                      "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
                      2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• SoCalBillsFan
                        Expert on Experts
                        • Jul 2002

I don't see us winning more than 9 games with essentially a rookie QB and no left tackle. If we get a few breaks it could happen, but I'm expecting 9-7.

Comment

• LtBillsFan66
                          • Jul 2002

I think the D is going to carry us. I think the O will be improved from last year. I'm confident that Losman will do what it takes. I don't think he'll light up the league, but I think he'll outperform Bledsoe (not as many costly sacks especially). McGahee will be firing on all pistons. Overall the O will be more effective. Put both together and it's the difference between 9-7 and 11-5. Also Mularkey has a year under his belt. I'm looking forward to the season.

My question marks are 3rd WR and TE. If Roscoe and Everett weren't injured, I'd have no worries at all.

Comment

• LtBillsFan66
                            • Jul 2002

Oh add K to my question marks.

I had a dream last night of watching a game and watching our kicker (it wasn't Lindell - yeah dreams are weird) miss kick after kick after kick. I hope it's not prophetic.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                              Administrator
                              • Jul 2002

Im probably overly pessimistic just for the reasons that alot are optimistic. I dont see what alot of you guys see in this team. I see a QB who I fully expect to struggle early and often, till prolly around weeks 8-10 and then it should start clicking. An OL that still has issues with LT, C, and we gotta see if Andersen is gonna do what alot of people are assuming. I still dont like our DL as much as some. Schoebel and Adams I like, but the other two spots scare the crap out of me to be honest. We need more pass rush generated by our front 4. LB and CB Im sold on, although one has to wonder how much McGee has improved his coverage skills this offseason. SS and FS should be one of our strongest posistions but like fans from other teams I see myself just waiting for the other shoe to drop on those guys due to their age, but of course I hope it doesnt happen. K is an obvious warning bc Lindell blows, McGee should be solid as the KR, although to be honest I expect him to not repeat last years preformance. PR is still up in the air but I have confidence that Roscoe will take care of that upon his return. We still dont have a capable #3 receiver, Lee Evans may hit a sophmore slump which is common in the NFL, we also all know that Moulds is consistently inconsistent, with one good year, and one sub-par year. He HAS to break that trend this season. RB's I have no issue with as I love Willis and our depth there. So that leaves me to our record....

I hope for 9-7 Wildcard,

But

I see 6-10 and a productive 2nd half of the season
                              COMING SOON...
                              Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                              We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X