• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • X-Era
    What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
    • Feb 2005

My sleeper is Drew Haddad!

I have always liked this kid. I thought he looked much better in Indy than he did with his stint here. Now he is back and is impressing.

I think he makes the squad outright. JP made a comment about feeling comfortable with him. Thats abig deal when you look to be a 4th or 5th WR. I see him beating out Fast Freddie and of course all the camp fodder. The question comes with Reed and Aiken. Personally, I think he has out performed Aiken so far but Aiken looks like a decent possession receiver.

Moulds, Evans, Parrish. Then its sticky. Aiken, Reed, Haddad; 2 of those three make it. I could argue that they simply cut Josh Reed and let him try with another team even though you could argue he is better than the other 2. TD doesnt mind this move and did it with Bobby Shaw. If he doesnt release him, Reed beats out the other 2 and then its a dog fight for the 5th spot. I say that his comfortability with JP makes the difference and Haddad makes it.

Ya gotta love em. A UB grad, a sleeper WR type, and now a guy fighting for a spot.

• Michael82
    • Jul 2002

Re: My sleeper is Drew Haddad!

If he can show some stuff in preseason, I think he's a lock. I also think we may go with 6 receivers, including Roscoe Parrish, until Parrish is healthy.

Comment

• TigerJ
      • Jul 2002

We'll, he's better than Fast Freddie, and has been playing better that Reed who continues to regress from his rookie season. He could make the team.
      I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• Michael82
        • Jul 2002

And the good news is that he's going to get a chance at returning punts this weekend.

Comment

• LifetimeBillsFan
          All-Pro Zoner
          • Aug 2004

I wasn't much of a Haddad fan--even last season--but he appears to have really progessed to the point where he does look like a viable option as the # 5 WR, especially with Parrish out.

As great as he was in college and for all his promise as a rookie, Reed's game has deteriorated to the point where, unless he makes some big plays in the next couple of preseason games, I can't see any reason to keep him. For all of his talent, I think he is gone. Parrish is going to be the # 3 guy alongside of Moulds and Evans.

I think Aiken makes the team as Moulds' back-up because of his size. Which would make the # 5 WR a battle between Smith and Haddad, with Wilson and Brown having outside shots because of their hands and speed respectively. And, at that stage, I think it comes down to who can offer the most in special teams and special situations. Smith has the advantage there, but, at Indy, Haddad showed himself to be the superior receiver.

I think if Haddad can do well playing the slot again and shows reasonably well returning punts this week, he will have a distinct advantage over Smith and the two rookies. Unlike Reed, whose game has deteriorated, Haddad has kept improving to the point where he looks like he could be a real contributor to this team as a WR. The only question is whether he will offer enough on special teams to overcome the fact that Smith can throw the ball on trick plays on offense.
          Those who do not learn from the past are doomed to repeat it. And, thus it was that they surrendered their freedom; not with a bang, but without even a whimper.

Comment

• Tinboy
            • Aug 2004

Haddad has been a real surprise and he can catch the ball and hold on to it. I say keep him and Aiken.

Comment

Working...
            X