PDA

View Full Version : Look out AJ!!!

jmb1099
08-18-2005, 07:53 AM
Dolphins Interested in Couch (http://www.finheaven.com/news/2466/)

Pride
08-18-2005, 07:58 AM
lol.. thats a hell of an upgrade! (sarcasm)

Michael82
08-18-2005, 07:59 AM
:lmao:

jmb1099
08-18-2005, 08:01 AM
Isn't it though (more sarcasm)

casdhf
08-18-2005, 08:03 AM
I can't believe it took them so long to bring someone else in.

McGahee420
08-18-2005, 08:12 AM
Haha, getting desperate now. I bet they are really glad they gave a 2nd round pick for touchy feely.

HHURRICANE
08-18-2005, 09:06 AM
Miami has a tradition of great QBs. This is embarrassing. Feely, Freotte and now Couch. Sadly, I think Couch is an upgrade. The Bills better sweep this year.

Gunzlingr
08-18-2005, 09:17 AM
Isn't Couch Bledsoe revisited? Behind Miami's line he will be a broken heap of junk after 1 quarter.

HeadSquad69
08-18-2005, 09:20 AM
Tim Couch :lmao:

Seventeen&0
08-18-2005, 10:34 AM
AJ's getting cut. Ferotte will be our QB for this year. If we sign Couch, it will be as our 3rd string (would still suck, but who knows).

Seventeen&0
08-18-2005, 10:35 AM
Haha, getting desperate now. I bet they are really glad they gave a 2nd round pick for touchy feely.
Actually, no, it sucks that our PREVIOUS coaches and GM gave a second for Feeley. But Saban is here and is doing a great job of moving forward and not worrying about what he inherited.

mysticsoto
08-18-2005, 10:42 AM
AJ's getting cut. Ferotte will be our QB for this year. If we sign Couch, it will be as our 3rd string (would still suck, but who knows).
According to FeelThePain, AJ is on top and going to lead the Dolphins to the promised land following Saban the Messiah...

Seventeen&0
08-18-2005, 02:12 PM
According to FeelThePain, AJ is on top and going to lead the Dolphins to the promised land following Saban the Messiah...
Ferotte's pretty much been named the starter. He's been working exclusively with the first string for the last two weeks and will start this Saturday against Pitt. AJ and Sage Rosenfels worked with the second string today, so it looks like Sage may be overtaking AJ as the 2nd. AJ cost us 5-6 games last year because of picks for touchdowns and has thrown zero touchdowns and 1 Int this preseason. He's not going to be the guy. Ferotte may not be all that great, but he will not make dumb mistakes like Feeley did. And Ferotte has been in Linehan's system for a while and knows it really well. With Brown, Williams, McMichael, Chambers, Booker and Boston..our offense should be pretty balanced.

Gunzlingr
08-18-2005, 02:28 PM
Isn't Sage busy performing "The Sage Rosenfels" experience at bar mitzvahs?

Seventeen&0
08-18-2005, 02:49 PM
Isn't Sage busy performing "The Sage Rosenfels" experience at bar mitzvahs?
Yes, there's actually a cameo by Steve Young:)

Mazaltof

casdhf
08-18-2005, 02:59 PM
Fin fans, what is the difference between Caretaker Gus and Caretaker Fiedler ...?

Mr. Cynical
08-18-2005, 03:27 PM
Not to spoil the fun, but we did give up a #1 for Dredsoe. :doh:

camelcowboy
08-18-2005, 03:45 PM
Tim Couch is exactly the type of player miami loves. Crappy.

casdhf
08-18-2005, 03:50 PM
Not to spoil the fun, but we did give up a #1 for Dredsoe. :doh:
He had a career when we got him, Feeley is more like RJ.

JD
08-18-2005, 05:35 PM
Ferotte's pretty much been named the starter. He's been working exclusively with the first string for the last two weeks and will start this Saturday against Pitt. AJ and Sage Rosenfels worked with the second string today, so it looks like Sage may be overtaking AJ as the 2nd. AJ cost us 5-6 games last year because of picks for touchdowns and has thrown zero touchdowns and 1 Int this preseason. He's not going to be the guy. Ferotte may not be all that great, but he will not make dumb mistakes like Feeley did. And Ferotte has been in Linehan's system for a while and knows it really well. With Brown, Williams, McMichael, Chambers, Booker and Boston..our offense should be pretty balanced.

STEAMROLL! :stretcher

texasphinsfan
08-18-2005, 05:48 PM
i'll be honest - i'm not real big on bringing in couch either, but when you see what we have currently on our roster..... wouldn't you do the same?

feelthepain
08-18-2005, 06:37 PM
Who was the source for this information?? Was it the Messiah??? No but you believe it!! I'm not surprised though, you will jump on anything that will give you a chance to take a shot at the fins. THAT'S ALL YOU DO!!! Everyday you make a negative comment....EVERYDAY!!! Whats your problem?? Why don't you stop acting like a child and just talk football?? Are you incapable??

I believe in AJ and I think he will play this year, he will succeed and thats my opinion it always has been my opinion. I think the last two years AJ has had to learn a new O. Gus was brought in because he was inexpensive and he new Linehans O. It's OK with me if Gus starts I will stand behind every player on my team. I think AJ has more upside then Gus, AJ is still young and inexperienced but I think he has more talent then Gus. I look beyond the people that have no patience. AJ will start this year and will be the fins QB. Once again, my opinion!! As for Saban....you think you hate him now, wait till the end of the season.

texasphinsfan
08-18-2005, 06:41 PM
AJ will start this year and will be the fins QB.
bold words considering he just went from vying for the starting spot to be competing for backup with Sage.

and AJ isn't young, so please don't list that as an advantage. he's what, 28 now? 6 years removed from college. He's closer to Gus than he is to Berlin, so i wouldn't say he's "young", and he's certainly not inexperienced. He started enough games last year, and 5 games in philly the two years prior. He's just going to be a career backup, like he should be. I think Fiedler is better than Feeley.

NJFINSFAN1
08-18-2005, 06:45 PM
bold words considering he just went from vying for the starting spot to be competing for backup with Sage.

and AJ isn't young, so please don't list that as an advantage. he's what, 28 now? 6 years removed from college. He's closer to Gus than he is to Berlin, so i wouldn't say he's "young", and he's certainly not inexperienced. He started enough games last year, and 5 games in philly the two years prior. He's just going to be a career backup, like he should be. I think Fiedler is better than Feeley.
I can't argue with that. He has failed to grab the bull by the horns, it was his for the taking.

But I also don't think it's over, he still has a chance to prove himself, but he better start sat.

texasphinsfan
08-18-2005, 08:52 PM
I can't argue with that. He has failed to grab the bull by the horns, it was his for the taking.

But I also don't think it's over, he still has a chance to prove himself, but he better start sat.
i agree, he failed to capitalize on his opportunity.... but he isn't starting saturday. didn't nick already say gus was starting?

feelthepain
08-18-2005, 09:21 PM
i agree, he failed to capitalize on his opportunity.... but he isn't starting saturday. didn't nick already say gus was starting?
Nick also said don't try to read into the reason players start or don't start it has nothing to do with the final spots. Gus may be playing better at this point, but that doesn't mean the preseason will end that way. It's only been two preseason games. AJ has not taken a lot of snaps. From what I'm readinf AJ and Gus have had some real good practices this will take time. But like I keep saying AJ is IMO the more talented QB and he has heart and desire he will find a way to get this system down and he will be a solid QB in the near future.

NJFINSFAN1
08-18-2005, 09:30 PM
Just this sat, but said there was still a comp. at QB. He did say Gus was ahead. But who knows?

texasphinsfan
08-18-2005, 10:06 PM
you guys are both technically correct, but i can read between the lines. Lets face it, if there is a "clear cut" leader right now in the competition, and AJ has been playing like crap even in practice, what do you think will happen? Wasn't it said that Sage is closer to Feeley than Feeley is to Frerotte?

(Note: i'm not saying i agree with all this, i am just repeating what i've heard and seen online here)

LtFinFan66
08-19-2005, 06:55 AM
Fin fans, what is the difference between Caretaker Gus and Caretaker Fiedler ...?Coach Saban

mysticsoto
08-19-2005, 10:11 AM
Who was the source for this information?? Was it the Messiah??? No but you believe it!! I'm not surprised though, you will jump on anything that will give you a chance to take a shot at the fins. THAT'S ALL YOU DO!!! Everyday you make a negative comment....EVERYDAY!!! Whats your problem?? Why don't you stop acting like a child and just talk football?? Are you incapable??

I believe in AJ and I think he will play this year, he will succeed and thats my opinion it always has been my opinion. I think the last two years AJ has had to learn a new O. Gus was brought in because he was inexpensive and he new Linehans O. It's OK with me if Gus starts I will stand behind every player on my team. I think AJ has more upside then Gus, AJ is still young and inexperienced but I think he has more talent then Gus. I look beyond the people that have no patience. AJ will start this year and will be the fins QB. Once again, my opinion!! As for Saban....you think you hate him now, wait till the end of the season.
Well apparently everybody else including Saban doesn't think much of your opinion since AJ is being moved to 3rd string and if they get Couch he might even be cut. So much for you being a good judge of anything football related - but that much has already been proven! With idiotic comments like AJ is still young and inexperienced...that's a line that could be used for JP - not AJ. This is his 5th or 6th season. When is he supposed to become experienced then? When he's 30? Hey, what do I care...I wish Saban would have a warped mentality like yours. In that case, the Fins would be at the bottom of the East for quite a few years!!!

Oh, and don't post any of your garbage into my mouth. I never said I hated Saban or made any comments even remotely close! The only one filled with hate around here is you. If you took your daily pills, those voices would leave your head...

casdhf
08-19-2005, 10:14 AM
Is he seriously on the verge of getting cut??

mysticsoto
08-19-2005, 10:23 AM
Is he seriously on the verge of getting cut?? If he performs badly in the next 2 games, I wouldn't be surprised. But Gus is starting so the good news for him is that he'll face 2nd stringers instead and maybe won't get sacked as much...

Here are their current stats and AJ is clearly at the bottom:

<table border="0" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="1" width="100%"> <tbody><tr class="bg0" align="center"><td class="bg0" colspan="13">Passing Stats</td></tr><tr class="bg4" align="center"><td>Player</td><td>Att</td><td>Comp</td><td>Yds</td><td>Comp %</td><td>Yds/Att</td><td>TD</td><td>TD %</td><td>INT</td><td>INT %</td><td>Long</td><td>Sack/Lost</td><td>Rating</td></tr><tr class="bg2" align="right" height="17" valign="middle"><td align="left">Gus Frerotte (http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/1070)</td><td>31</td><td>17</td><td>194</td><td>54.8</td><td>6.3</td><td>1</td><td>3.2</td><td>0</td><td>0.0</td><td>44</td><td>2/13</td><td>84.6</td></tr><tr class="bg2" align="right" height="17" valign="middle"><td align="left">Brock Berlin (http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/406439)</td><td>21</td><td>15</td><td>191</td><td>71.4</td><td>9.1</td><td>1</td><td>4.8</td><td>1</td><td>4.8</td><td>49</td><td>0/0</td><td>95.5</td></tr><tr class="bg2" align="right" height="17" valign="middle"><td align="left">Sage Rosenfels (http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/235151)</td><td>21</td><td>13</td><td>114</td><td>61.9</td><td>5.4</td><td>2</td><td>9.5</td><td>0</td><td>0.0</td><td>24</td><td>0/0</td><td>108.0</td></tr><tr class="bg2" align="right" height="17" valign="middle"><td align="left">A.J. Feeley (http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/235056)</td><td>20</td><td>10</td><td>95</td><td>50.0</td><td>4.8</td><td>0</td><td>0.0</td><td>1</td><td>5.0</td><td>22</td><td>1/7</td><td>42.7</td></tr></tbody> </table>

NJFINSFAN1
08-19-2005, 11:35 AM
Is he seriously on the verge of getting cut??
I doubt it. Sage had a tough week of practice according to reports. I never thought AJ had what it takes, and it would not kill me to see him cut, but I doubt very much it happens.

In fact I could see Gus getting beat up against the Steelers tomorrow and AJ getting back into the comp against the 2nd team steeler defense.

But I think we are better off with Gus, I have no faith in AJ.

Mike13
08-19-2005, 02:52 PM
I wouldnt say desperate, last i heard gus was in the lead for starter. Starting Couch would be a mistake assuming they actually pick him up.

mysticsoto
08-19-2005, 02:59 PM
I wouldnt say desperate, last i heard gus was in the lead for starter. Starting Couch would be a mistake assuming they actually pick him up.

It certainly looks like they are interested...

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/sfl-dolnotes19aug19,0,833613.story?coll=sfla-sports-front

texasphinsfan
08-19-2005, 03:54 PM
hell yeah i'd say we're desperate - look at who our QBs are!