PDA

View Full Version : OMFG!!!!!!!!!!

obi wan
08-18-2005, 08:32 AM
Hi just heard Golic on Mike and Mike on ESPN say that that whole trade for Corey Simon rumor from the other week was supposed to be us trading Takeo for him!!! WTF is that all about? If we traded him or even thought about it (especially for a player we really dont need) I swear I would kick TD right in the nuts. I sure hope this was all BS. I dont want TKO thinking he is expendable and that the Bills dont want him. He is the heart and soul of this team IMO.

mayotm
08-18-2005, 08:36 AM
Hi just heard Golic on Mike and Mike on ESPN say that that whole trade for Corey Simon rumor from the other week was supposed to be us trading Takeo for him!!! WTF is that all about? If we traded him or even thought about it (especially for a player we really dont need) I swear I would kick TD right in the nuts. I sure hope this was all BS. I dont want TKO thinking he is expendable and that the Bills dont want him. He is the heart and soul of this team IMO.

Relax. This is obviously BS. It simply doesn't make any sense.

EDS
08-18-2005, 08:53 AM
TKO is a much better and more valuable player then Simon, so I presume that is a bunch of bunk.

SquishDaFish
08-18-2005, 08:53 AM
I heard Mike say that also but he also dismissed that real quick.

Shasta McNasty
08-18-2005, 08:58 AM
obi wan bs?

Meathead
08-18-2005, 08:59 AM
The Bills probably have the strongest backup LB's in the league right now. If they could swap TKO for an equally talented DT I'd do that.

Tatonka
08-18-2005, 09:01 AM
tko is one of the few on this entire team i do not ever want to see play for another team.. ever.

justasportsfan
08-18-2005, 09:03 AM
The Bills probably have the strongest backup LB's in the league right now. If they could swap TKO for an equally talented DT I'd do that.
but our back up lb's tend to dive for int's at camp. :snicker:

Shasta McNasty
08-18-2005, 09:03 AM

Meathead.

HeadSquad69
08-18-2005, 09:17 AM
tko is one of the few on this entire team i do not ever want to see play for another team.. ever.I couldn't agree more. Other than Takeo, the only other Bills player I don't want to see play for another team is Moulds

Dicknoze69
08-18-2005, 09:20 AM
tko is one of the few on this entire team i do not ever want to see play for another team.. ever.

My thoughts exactly.

clumping platelets
08-18-2005, 09:52 AM
To trade, arguably, our best player is beyond moronic

HHURRICANE
08-18-2005, 10:09 AM
To trade, arguably, our best player is beyond moronic
I agree. This whole thread is kind of silly. Spikes is our best player. Period. Mike Golic is an idiot. Did he actually think about what he said? The Bills already denied the rumor. How about Simon for Manning? It's that absurd.:confused:

Philagape
08-18-2005, 10:29 AM

Weight the downgrade at LB vs. the upgrade at DT. Not even close. Spikes is the best OLB in the league and the heart and soul of a top-3 D.

McGahee420
08-18-2005, 10:31 AM
WTF are you smoking, TKO for Simon is the gayest trade I have ever heard, and it would never happen. If it does, I will kick TD in the balls too!!!

BAM
08-18-2005, 10:43 AM
I couldn't agree more. Other than Takeo, the only other Bills player I don't want to see play for another team is Moulds
Same here. I'll probably add Willis to that list after this season.

SquishDaFish
08-18-2005, 10:49 AM
Golic didnt make it up himself he said it was circulating around last week. He pretty much laughed at it like it was a stupid rumor. So Golic isnt the dummy here.

SoCalBillsFan
08-18-2005, 10:51 AM
I would trade moulds before I traded TKO. please, thre is not way he is going anywhere.

SquishDaFish
08-18-2005, 11:06 AM
That makes no sense SOCAL. Your nuts to trade one of our top guys on our weak Offense over a piece of our STRONG Defense. But in my opinion I wouldnt trade either period!

Meathead
08-18-2005, 11:18 AM
I never said I'd trade TKO for Simon.

But let's say you could trade him for Bruce or Reggie or Big Ted in their prime. The drop-off from Spikes to Crowell isn't as big as the dropoff from one of those superstars to Kelsay or Edwards.

Remove the emotion from it and you'll see that a move like that would improve the defense overall.

Crisis
08-18-2005, 11:23 AM

But let's say you could trade him for Bruce or Reggie or Big Ted in their prime. The drop-off from Spikes to Crowell isn't as big as the dropoff from one of those superstars to Kelsay or Edwards.

Remove the emotion from it and you'll see that a move like that would improve the defense overall.
The only player I'd CONSIDER trading Spikes for is Peppers. No one else.

Spikes is the heart of this team, the team icon, and the best OLB in the league. He's a playmaker. We lose so much if we get rid of him.

justasportsfan
08-18-2005, 11:24 AM
The drop-off from Spikes to Crowell isn't as big as the dropoff from one of those superstars to Kelsay or Edwards.

.Huh?

Crisis
08-18-2005, 11:27 AM
Huh?
BTW Justa I got banned from finheaven and I have no clue why. Do you see where I was banned?

I'm going to miss educating the poor fin fans. :(

Meathead
08-18-2005, 11:28 AM
Fine. Since Spikes is one of the very best in the league pick any DT/DE you like. The point remains the same that swapping him for an equally good lineman would improve the team.

God I love being the only one to hold an opinion and then being correct.

Crisis
08-18-2005, 11:30 AM
Fine. Since Spikes is one of the very best in the league pick any DT/DE you like. The point remains the same that swapping him for an equally good lineman would improve the team.

Usually if you're the only one holding an opinion you're dead wrong.

justasportsfan
08-18-2005, 11:36 AM
BTW Justa I got banned from finheaven and I have no clue why. Do you see where I was banned?

I'm going to miss educating the poor fin fans. :(Haha! I don't know. :sorry:

FlyingDutchman
08-18-2005, 01:21 PM
Simple and sweet....TKO better retire a Bill...:pimped:

venis2k1
08-18-2005, 02:12 PM
i would trade spikes for Orlando Pace :sorry: im a huge crowell fan though.

Meathead
08-18-2005, 04:49 PM
Crowell was a monster against the Colts. I'll be watching him closely the rest of the preseason.

Novacane
08-18-2005, 04:55 PM
Golic didnt make it up himself he said it was circulating around last week. He pretty much laughed at it like it was a stupid rumor. So Golic isnt the dummy here.

He must of got it off the Eagles message board. Those dopes were throwing that around too

SoCalBillsFan
08-18-2005, 07:00 PM
That makes no sense SOCAL. Your nuts to trade one of our top guys on our weak Offense over a piece of our STRONG Defense. But in my opinion I wouldnt trade either period!

well if you must know...obviously I'd hate to lose either. But in general i believe playmaking LBers like takeo are harder to find then good receivers lik moulds, coupled with the fact that moulds is towards the end of his contract/career and we've got some young receivers...hence if I HAD to choose, I keep TKO.

Again, Moulds is great, don't want to lose him.

MarvLevy
08-18-2005, 07:18 PM

WHAT AN IDIOTIC THING TO SAY

edit in itallics please refrain from calling people names

Thanks nbf

MarvLevy
08-18-2005, 07:20 PM

U HAVE NO CLUE...CROWELL?

MarvLevy
08-18-2005, 07:22 PM
THEN LET CROWELL TAKE FLETCHER OR POSEYS SPOT WHEN THE TIME COMES

pleasesavedrew
08-18-2005, 09:46 PM
Mario Haggan isnt TKO.

footballhottie
08-18-2005, 09:55 PM
I hope you miss the bus again.
Have fun, and keep your clothes on!Ill kick TD in the nuts!

LifetimeBillsFan
08-19-2005, 01:43 AM
I can see some validity in Golic's comments with the following scenario:

The Bills call Philly to inquire about Simon and ask what it would take to get him in a trade. Philly responds that they want TKO for Simon. TD replies by offering something else. Philly tells TD that they want TKO for Simon or it's a no-go. TD gets back to them and says, thanks but no thanks.

What Golic said was that there were discussions about a Simon for TKO trade and, if the Bills asked about Simon and Philly asked for TKO in return, that would be true--not because TD was at all interested in trading TKO for Simon, but because Philly wanted TKO from Buffalo in any trade for Simon.

Obviously, since no trade happened, the Bills were not interested in trading TKO straight up for Simon or that would have happened already. The only way that I could see the Bills trading TKO to Philly for Simon would be if they got more than Simon in return (like one of Philly's starting OLBs)--and, even then, it probably wouldn't be enough to get a deal done.

So, don't anyone go getting their panties in a bunch just because someone's name has reportedly come up in trade discussions--names get tossed around by team's GMs all of the time, but that doesn't mean that a "trade discussion" means that a deal is immanent or going to happen. Golic very well could have been reporting something that he heard from someone in the Philly FO while they were waiting to hear back from the Bills on their proposal.

K-Gun
08-19-2005, 01:59 AM
This was a rumor on a Philly radio station, WIP, prolly started by someone who grew up drinking South Jersey tap water.

dannyek71
08-19-2005, 09:15 AM
when TKO came to buffalo, he brought a whole new defensive philosphy to the team. Look @ how much better we have done with him

casdhf
08-19-2005, 09:27 AM

Just how would the Cap work out on that move?