PDA

View Full Version : Question for Phin fans...

FlyingDutchman
08-18-2005, 02:45 PM
I drafted Ronnie Brown in my fantasy draft and Im trying to debate what to do with him. A lot of people have predicted him to be rookie of the year and do real well. I have been thinking about trading one of my starting backs for a nasty reciever and lettin Brown start. Whats your REALISTIC opinions on the potential of this kid. Second part to the question, when Ricky comes back, how much time do you guys see him getting. Will Brown still be the work horse? Or will Ricky steadily start to get more and more carries?....I appreciate your imput....:tip:

p.s.- anyone can feel free to chime in with an opinion or info (this isnt for phin fans only)

Captain Obvious
08-18-2005, 03:08 PM
I drafted Ronnie Brown in my fantasy draft and Im trying to debate what to do with him. A lot of people have predicted him to be rookie of the year and do real well. I have been thinking about trading one of my starting backs for a nasty reciever and lettin Brown start. Whats your REALISTIC opinions on the potential of this kid. Second part to the question, when Ricky comes back, how much time do you guys see him getting. Will Brown still be the work horse? Or will Ricky steadily start to get more and more carries?....I appreciate your imput....:tip:

p.s.- anyone can feel free to chime in with an opinion or info (this isnt for phin fans only)
I'm assuming Willis was already taken when it was your turn to pick? I think Ronnie will share the load with Ricky. I don't think he'll even get 300 carries.

FlyingDutchman
08-18-2005, 03:15 PM
I'm assuming Willis was already taken when it was your turn to pick? I think Ronnie will share the load with Ricky. I don't think he'll even get 300 carries.actually...Ive been waiting for months for the draft cuz i wanted to get Willis so bad, but i got a top pick and LT was there and I felt like there was no way I could or should pass him up. (Hardest decision ever)

Captain Obvious
08-18-2005, 03:21 PM
actually...Ive been waiting for months for the draft cuz i wanted to get Willis so bad, but i got a top pick and LT was there and I felt like there was no way I could or should pass him up. (Hardest decision ever)
I understand why you took LT if you had the 1st pick. He's the best fantasy Rb.

FlyingDutchman
08-18-2005, 03:35 PM
I actually had the 2nd pick! For some reason the guy took Peyton! I was befuddled. I figured he'd take LT, which would make my decision easier. I was not going to take Priest bc of age and injury concerns, nor Peyton...bc you just dont select a QB with the #1...but i had expected to take Willis with the #2....I hope I chose right....(freakin tore my heart to not pick my god and savior)...

McGahee420
08-18-2005, 03:42 PM
I took Willis in that draft, and I am pumped!!!!!!!! Ronnie does not have $h!t on Willis...BOOYAH!!! Goodluck David

DraftBoy
08-18-2005, 03:51 PM
Ronnie has missed a ton of camp, and I wouldnt expect much of him in the 1st 6-8 weeks of the season. By 2nd half I see him tearing it up though.

Crisis
08-18-2005, 03:51 PM
A thread full of Willis screen names. :;:

FlyingDutchman
08-18-2005, 05:40 PM
Ronnie has missed a ton of camp, and I wouldnt expect much of him in the 1st 6-8 weeks of the season. By 2nd half I see him tearing it up though.
Who's going to start with Ricky out? Morris?

DraftBoy
08-18-2005, 05:41 PM
He very well may start but I dont see him expect to see much from him

texasphinsfan
08-18-2005, 05:44 PM
I actually had the 2nd pick! For some reason the guy took Peyton! I was befuddled. I figured he'd take LT, which would make my decision easier. I was not going to take Priest bc of age and injury concerns, nor Peyton...bc you just dont select a QB with the #1...but i had expected to take Willis with the #2....I hope I chose right....(freakin tore my heart to not pick my god and savior)...
people everywhere took peyton at #1.... he was the highest fantasy-point scorer last year. Priest was the 2nd, and LT was the 3rd.... thats pretty much how the order has looked in all my leagues.

To answer your question, i don't think Ronnie will blow up and be as big as everyone predicts - this year. don't forget how horrendous our o-line is, and he will be splitting carries with Ricky. In weeks 1-4, i think Ronnie would be a decent starting RB to have, but after our bye week, when ricky comes back, ricky will be sniping his carries.

This is great for our team, but horrible for fantasy owners. Now, if you are in a keeper-league, Ronnie might not be a bad idea because he will probalby be our lone starter next year - i can't see us keeping ricky AND ronnie - two RBs that would cost too much money.

So, to answer your question, i would use him for the first four weeks for sure, but due to our o-line, he won't produce like your boy willis.

FlyingDutchman
08-18-2005, 05:50 PM
I dont get the whole Peyton thing with fantasy leagues...He had a record setting season last year, I don't expect him to put up numbers like that again.....very well could though

texasphinsfan
08-18-2005, 06:06 PM
I dont get the whole Peyton thing with fantasy leagues...He had a record setting season last year, I don't expect him to put up numbers like that again.....very well could though
he may not put up the same fantasy #'s.... and he may just do it again. But think about it - even the best fantasy RB's might only hit 14-17 TDs in a season - Priest might go high with 21 again.

But how many TDs is Peyton going to throw? you know damn well a ton more than 21. Add to that his low INTs, and his insanely-huge-yardage games, and you have one great fantasy scorer. I had Peyton first on all my draft lists, but alas, i never had the first pick.

and priest, even though injured at the end of the year last year, STILL produced more fantasy points than anyone else... thats how crazy he is. But like you said, he is getting up there in years and i am doubtful he can repeat. That plus he just considered retirement... you know he's not what he once was. That said, the Chiefs still have one of the better running games, so i would confidently start him.

NJFINSFAN1
08-18-2005, 06:26 PM
Edge held out, and did very well his rookie year, LT held out and did very well his rookie year.

I would hold onto Brown, he will start at least the first 4 games, when Ricky comes back his carries may go down some, but if he tears it up the first four weeks, it may not go down much.

NJFINSFAN1
08-18-2005, 06:38 PM
PS

Another good reason to keep him would be if Gus wins the QB job.

Why?

Nobody respects AJ, and they stack the line and dare AJ to beat them, with Gus, they will have to somewhat respect him. That would open up the running game more.

texasphinsfan
08-18-2005, 06:43 PM
PS

Another good reason to keep him would be if Gus wins the QB job.

Why?

Nobody respects AJ, and they stack the line and dare AJ to beat them, with Gus, they will have to somewhat respect him. That would open up the running game more.
VERY good point.

Gus will be better able to stretch the field, which will improve our running game. (see: last week's game versus jax with ricky in there).

vinivedivichi
08-18-2005, 10:32 PM
I think there are better choices out there. I love the Dolphins, but unless Ricky gets traded Ronnie will likely not be a great choice this year. Can he be?? Yes, he could be great, but so could a lot of guys. I don't really doubt his talent, but I have doubts about the number of opportunities he'll get.

If it were me, I would go with more of a proven commodity. You could get 4 games worth of great running, but even if he is great the first 4 weeks Ricky is gonna share some time when he returns. The best case scenario for you if you keep Ronnie is for a contending team to lose their runningback. If that happens, they'll overpay for Ricky to keep their hopes alive and Ronnie will be the man in Miami all year long. Most likely that will not happen, so I would be surprised if Brown rushed for more than 900 yards this year. That said, I do think the fish will do some creative things to get both on the field at the same time. Ronnie could have some nice receiving numbers as well, but again who knows. I say go with a more proven guy.

Static
08-18-2005, 10:37 PM
I think brown will get alot of recieving yards too...he has been said to have excellent hands and im sure the dolphins QB's will do alot of dump offs

LtFinFan66
08-19-2005, 12:17 AM

p.s.- anyone can feel free to chime in with an opinion or info (this isnt for phin fans only)He may be good to start the first 4 weeks since Ricky will be suspended. After that, sharing carries with Ricky...Who knows? I have both him and Benson in one league. I could be screwed.
Ronnie has apparently been showing great hands so far too so he will get some receiving yards as well

Samphin1
08-19-2005, 12:47 AM
Yeah try to remember this. Ronnie Brown is an excellent receiver. He was said to have better hands than Mike Williams and Braylon Edwards. The guy is going to be a safety valve for Gus and AJ out of the backfield. He will get plenty of dumpoffs and five yard outs. So, if your league rewards bonuses or extra points for RB's receiving, than I would go ahead and put Ronnie up.

I don't buy that Ronnie won't do well or won't start the first four games. He is already splitting time with the first team along with Ricky and has been in camp for only four days. He studied the playbbok while he was out and is in tremendous shape. I anticipate him being ready to go come Sep. 11.

However, if you have LT, I don't know if it is worth trading him for a receiver and Ronnie Brown. I would try to possibly keep LT and see what Ronnie Brown fetches you in terms of a receiver.