X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RedEyE
    • Jul 2002

Takeo not happy in Buffalo?

I work in the satellite industry and affliates all over the country call the company that I work for satellite access. Well, although I live in Atlanta, I have the lucky opportunity to bring up WKBW on a daily basis for the Bills Training Camp report.

One of the best things about what I do, (other than access to nearly every college and pro game each weekend) is that I get to see the behind the scenes of each access.

While all of you get an edited version on your television, I get the full monty between commercials and before and after every live footage.

So anyway, today like everyday I access WKBW and they are preparing an interview with TKO. The scrawny white interviewer (name unknown) asks Takeo just prior to going live, "Thanks for doing this Takeo. So, are you having fun in Buffalo now. I know that you weren't having fun 2 years ago."

Takeo responds first by shaking his head no. He then goes on telling this reporter. "I like what I do. For that I'll do it just about anywhere. But if we aint winning, I'm not having fun."

The reporter went on.." but the people and the fans of Buffalo love Takeo. They love the way he plays, they love the way he dances...etc."

Takeo just continued to shake his head no...

His demeanor was sullen, and non expressive.

When the actual interview took place, he spat out the same ol' same ol' cliche answers.

I got a strong impression from this that Takeo will not be staying in Buffalo if the Bills don't start winning. And really, why would he? He's one of the best in the league, if not arguably the best, and left lousey Cincy for Buffalo's winning ways. Since he's been here, it's been nearly identical to what he experienced with the Bengals.

So, what do you guys think?
    Last edited by RedEyE; 08-18-2005, 06:18 PM.
  • Schobel94
    The Sack Master
    • Jan 2003

Re: Takeo not happy in Buffalo?

Nobody's happy when they're not winning, if he said the opposite I would be horrified. No one should be happy playing for a losing team. From what you said it didn't sound like he wasn't happy playing in Buffalo, just that he wasn't happy about losing. Understandable, guys never been to the playoffs once. That will change this year.
    Beware the sack master!

Comment

• Devin
      The Octagon
      • Apr 2003

Kinda dissapointing to hear since I view him as the team leader. I reckon understandable but still tough to hear.
      http://gridironjunkies.net/forums/index.php

Comment

• camelcowboy
        • Mar 2005

I agree with TKO, If thats him being honest then thats great. Shows me wining is number 1 in his mind. I want my defensive leader not be to complacent.

Comment

• Schobel94
          The Sack Master
          • Jan 2003

It's actually not disappointing to me, it's encouraging. With all these players like TO just out to make an extra dollar, holding out, whining whatever, its good to see a guy who just wants to win, and will not be satisifed or happy until he does. Good things for the Defense and the team this year, very good things...
          Beware the sack master!

Comment

• Hammertime
            • May 2005

Actually, i don't mind honesty. I think its healthy.

I wouldn't have bought "Oh, yes, I just love Buffalo! I love when fat drunk mustached men yell at me, outside, in January. Its peachy!"

He probably should have because, well, someone is always watching...
            Bruce: What time is it?
            Biscuit: Huh?
            Bruce: What time is it?
            Biscuit: Showtime?
            Bruce: (incensed) Hammertime!!
            Biscuit: Hammertime!
            Bruce: Hammertime is when you hitting that nail in a piece of wood with a hammer. You keep hitting that nail, over and over until you can no longer see the nail. You just see the wood is all splintered and what-not. That is Hammertime.

Comment

• camelcowboy
              • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Schobel94
              It's actually not disappointing to me, it's encouraging. With all these players like TO just out to make an extra dollar, holding out, whining whatever, its good to see a guy who just wants to win, and will not be satisifed or happy until he does. Good things for the Defense and the team this year, very good things...
              Yep i agree, I'll take him not happy, because he's not winning over him *****ing over money. I wish more players would take this view point. Us Bills fans are taking this too personal. Him not being happy isn't a reflection on us, its just a reflection of the teams play over the last couple years. Maybe it will rub off on other players. Even if he is not happy, he's handling it with class. What else can we ask for.

Comment

• RedEyE
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Schobel94
                Nobody's happy when they're not winning, if he said the opposite I would be horrified. No one should be happy playing for a losing team. From what you said it didn't sound like he wasn't happy playing in Buffalo, just that he wasn't happy about losing. Understandable, guys never been to the playoffs once. That will change this year.
                I agree with that 100%.

However, you would have had to seen his expression to fully appreciate what I'm telling you. He didn't seem happy at all, or excited. I would have expected a player this early in the season to be pumped for the upcoming year. He didn't seem to be. Perhaps you're right. Maybe I'm looking too much into it.

Maybe it was a long day, maybe he wasn't feeling up to snuff, or perhaps he was thinking about something else. Whatever was going on in his mind at that particular time he wasn't responding positively. When they went on the air it's like he was a different guy.

Comment

• RedEyE
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by camelcowboy
                  I agree with TKO, If thats him being honest then thats great. Shows me wining is number 1 in his mind. I want my defensive leader not be to complacent.
                  This is a great point.

Comment

• The Seahag
                    Cad
                    • Jul 2002

Understandable, guys never been to the playoffs once.
                    Spikes is one of the league's true wildmen. I absolutely cannot wait to see what he does when he gets to play in his first postseason game. I just hope the Bills staff has the good sense to medicate him so he doesn't kill anybody in warm-ups.

As for the interview, p'shaw. He shouldn't be happy cuz he ain't got nothing to be happy about right now. His last ballgame ended up being probably the worst single day of his career (not counting the day he got drafted by Mike Brown). He's just help keeping the locker room on edge and we'll be seeing the benefits of that soon.
                    Real soon.

Comment

• camelcowboy
                      • Mar 2005

Originally posted by RedEyE
                      I agree with that 100%.

However, you would have had to seen his expression to fully appreciate what I'm telling you. He didn't seem happy at all, or excited. I would have expected a player this early in the season to be pumped for the upcoming year. He didn't seem to be. Perhaps you're right. Maybe I'm looking too much into it.

Maybe it was a long day, maybe he wasn't feeling up to snuff, or perhaps he was thinking about something else. Whatever was going on in his mind at that particular time he wasn't responding positively. When they went on the air it's like he was a different guy.
                      yeah, but we know which man will be showing up on sept 11th. He has to much pride to sulk, or to not put 100% into his game.

Comment

• Philagape
                        WIN NOW
                        • Jul 2002

If he plays like he did last year while unhappy, I'd love to see how he plays when he's happy
                        "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
                        2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• MarvLevy
                          Can I get some power to give REP?
                          • Jul 2005

Originally posted by RedEyE
                          I work in the satellite industry and affliates all over the country call the company that I work for satellite access. Well, although I live in Atlanta, I have the lucky opportunity to bring up WKBW on a daily basis for the Bills Training Camp report.

One of the best things about what I do, (other than access to nearly every college and pro game each weekend) is that I get to see the behind the scenes of each access.

While all of you get an edited version on your television, I get the full monty between commercials and before and after every live footage.

So anyway, today like everyday I access WKBW and they are preparing an interview with TKO. The scrawny white interviewer (name unknown) asks Takeo just prior to going live, "Thanks for doing this Takeo. So, are you having fun in Buffalo now. I know that you weren't having fun 2 years ago."

Takeo responds first by shaking his head no. He then goes on telling this reporter. "I like what I do. For that I'll do it just about anywhere. But if we aint winning, I'm not having fun."

The reporter went on.." but the people and the fans of Buffalo love Takeo. They love the way he plays, they love the way he dances...etc."

Takeo just continued to shake his head no...

His demeanor was sullen, and non expressive.

When the actual interview took place, he spat out the same ol' same ol' cliche answers.

I got a strong impression from this that Takeo will not be staying in Buffalo if the Bills don't start winning. And really, why would he? He's one of the best in the league, if not arguably the best, and left lousey Cincy for Buffalo's winning ways. Since he's been here, it's been nearly identical to what he experienced with the Bengals.

So, what do you guys think?
                          IDENTICAL? U KIDDING ME?

Comment

• RedEyE
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by MarvLevy
                            IDENTICAL? U KIDDING ME?
                            Out of all that, you find it necessary to comment on one word...in caps?

Comment

• Meathead
                              Insufferable prick and perpetual crybaby
                              • Jul 2002

Great story.

It would be fascinating to know what he honestly thinks about dumping Bledsoe and starting Losman. Or for that matter, what he thinks of Holcomb versus JP.

I mean, as maddening as Bledsoe was too often last year, he's still a solid veteran who would likely be a lot more reliable than a very green Losman in the really tough crunch games leading up and into the playoffs. Not that Drew wasn’t terrible in that season ending meltdown last year, but to a veteran like TKO he might have preferred a guy who has been there before to one that has only three more NFL completions that all of us.

I guess we’ll never know.
                              One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Comment

Working...
                              X